Mr. Coffee 12-Cup Switch Coffee Maker, CG12

Mr. Coffee 12-Cup Switch Coffee Maker: Brews 12 cups of coffee. Pour a cup of coffee while the coffeemaker is still brewing using the Pause n' Serve feature. On/Off indicator light lets you know when your coffeemaker is on. Fast and easy filling and cleaning with the removable filter basket Water Windows allow for easy filling of the reservoir. Model: CG12

How does this compare to a programmed one? I'm on a budget but I also tend to use the motto, "Buy once, cry once." I'm about to attend nursing school for a year and need something reliable, but it doesn't have to be fancy.
I'm looking for an inexpensive coffee maker that takes up little space. What are some pros and cons, and how long have you had this coffee maker?
I've been looking at coffee machines. But just wondering, does this machine make a nice coffee like the cafeteria does on the stove?
Start your review of Mr. Coffee 12-Cup Switch Coffee Maker, CG12!
Stockton, CA
I’ve always purchased Mr. Coffee coffee makers in the past, so when the burner gave out on my last one (should have been my first clue), I gravitated towards this brand and model and replaced it. Unfortunately I’m not impressed this time. The coffee maker gurgles and bubbles and sputters, both during the brew cycle and off and on long after. When I remove the carafe to pour a cup once it is fully brewed, a stream of water comes through onto the hot plate, splattering drops of hot water everywhere. This can even happen after cup 3 or 4. Seems it forms a lot of condensation. On the plus side, it’s inexpensive, simple and gives me the caffeine I so desperately crave and for that I am grateful. Sorry to say this will be my last purchase of this brand, or at least this particular model.
Fredericksburg
This is a very practical and very basic coffee maker. After spending a good amount of money on other Mr Coffee Makers, I chose this one because it was inexpensive. The biggest drawback is the fact that there is no automatic shut off, you must turn the maker off when finished and certainly before leaving the house. My other Mr Coffee makers had corrosion issues on the hot plate, even after trying to keep them clean and dry, which is a challenge with the drip from the basket when you remove the pot to pour a cup.  So far, this not pad is holding up.
Livonia, NY
Besides making some funky sounds, it is an overall good machine to use for coffee. Or electric is solar power so we only really use it in the summer when there is plenty power to use electric appliances, so it has lasted a long time and still works. Toward end of be it will sale down and keep dripping and making sounds for quite a while. Either way, great coffee maker. Have always trusted mr coffee.
Loves Park, IL
It was a great little coffee maker. . . At least for about 5 months. Suddenly it started putting out wayyy too much water and over flowing and there would be grounds everywhere - total mess. So when it did work i loved but, but since it only lasted a handful of months Id recommend saving your money and getting a better coffee maker. Its may be cheaper but it definitely should have lasted longer.
Gautier, MS
I drink coffee every morning, and with the coffee maker itself, I prefer to keep it simple! I don’t really feel like worrying with a bunch of different settings and buttons. A simple switch is fine to me! This coffee maker looks nice with my other black and silver appliances, and it does the job. I do wish that they were made a little thicker, but for the price I can’t complain!
Rogers
This coffee maker could be better. I've noticed that when it's brewing, alot of the coffee grounds don't get saturated. So it's a waste. To improve the product, if they changed the part where the water comes out and make it where it can spray the entire area, but without making the filter fold over where you get coffee grounds everywhere, that would be wonderful!
Hanford, CA
Mr coffee is a great brand and this model is great when you have time to make coffee but don't want to mess with the tiny cups of have a preference for fresh ground coffee made by drip. The machine itself is super affordable and though it's no personal assistant in brewing coffee on its own I still love this and use it daily.
I've sadly bought this coffee.maker on two different occasions. Not sad because it's bad but sad because I bought the exact same one the second time around too much means I liked it. Ha! I don't understand the hype around expensive coffee makers these days but this one has always been the best price and bang for your buck.
Thorndike
Brews coffee in a decent amount of time. Although never quite makes it to the 12 cup mark. Usually settles in around 10 or so after brewing. The top also doesnt click together flush, so theres a space after it gets hot and I think that's why it isnt filling the pot all the way, it is letting too much steam out
Like I said before I really wanted a Keurig but this is what we ended up getting. A plain basic coffee pot. It does what it says it does and makes 12 cups of coffee. There is really nothing fancy about it. But if you need a plain, basic everyday coffee pot I'd recommend this one even though it's not a Keurig
Ask a question to the Influenster community...