MoviePass

by MoviePass

MoviePass is an American subscription-based movie ticketing service. Founded in 2011 and headquarted in New York City, the service allows subscribers to purchase a single movie ticket per-day for a flat subscription fee per-month.

Why was movies sold out before you get to the theater ?
What was a movie you loved, but wouldn't have gone to if you didn't have MoviePass?
Start your review of MoviePass!
How would you rate this product?
Desiree D.
San Fernando , CA
Great subscription service-I can watch any movie for $10 a month! App is easy to use. Though it did take a little while before I got my card in the mail, otherwise great service
Ashley M.
Hains City
I liked MoviePass when it first started but now their are way to many restrictions. You can’t see a move twice and some movies are not available to pick. I cancelled my subscription and went to AMC A-List.
Danika S.
imperial beach
Probably the worst service ever! I would give this service a negative star cause it’s so bad don’t waste your money. I bought this pass through Costco online it was 89.00 for a year and you get to watch a 2D movie one a day for a whole year awesome right, wrong in August Movie pass decided to change the original deal to a limit of movies each day and a limit on movie tickets a day. If you decided to see a movie that was on the list on that day you had to go to the theater and check in early but even when you get to the theater right when they open tickets were already sold out. You waste your time and gas .. even if you got the Costco pass they didn’t grandfather you in 👎.
JAMIE G.
Chatsworth, CA
Well it was nice while it lasted and was a member for 2 years. Over the summer they  came close to folding so they changed their strategy. Instead of being 1 movie a day of your choice at nearly any theater near you regardless of time, they made it select theaters, at select times, and selected movies. You needed to also take photos of your stub and send it to them. I would just buy from the kiosk machine and take a photo of the ticket to the movie I did want to see and hoped for the best since they get so many pictures sent to them (never had an issue).

While the plan sucked I kept with it for another month hoping it would get better. They ended up making it go from unlimited movies to 3 a month. Fine with me. That said subscribers were under the impression that the next month, the revolving movies and movie times would go away. That never happened.

I ended up canceling. The main reason I canceled is that there just aren't enough movies I have any interest in that you can use MoviePass at. The second reason is that most of the movies I saw were indies and foreign movies at a small local LA chain. MoviePass stopped playing movies there altogether aside from the rare time that a more mainstream movie would play there. My kiosk trick also wouldn't work there because that chain has no kiosks.

I think if you are someone who will see at least 2 mainstream movies a month, that this would still be good value for you despite the problems that MoviePass is currently having. If one, you probably will break even.

Lexie B.
Spring Hill, TN
Purchased at: MoviePass
Do NOT subscribe to this. I signed up last Feb when they were running a deal but failed to mention that instead of 9.95 a month like it has always been, you were going to pay for an entire year up front. I would have never done that, and now I fully regret it. However, I used to LOVE MoviePass. You used to be able to see one movie a day, 365 days a year... it was worth it. But now we get an email like once a month regarding more restrictions. Now, you can see like 3 a month, sometimes charging you extra $ for the popular times, AND you have to wait like 2-3 weeks after a movie comes out to be able to use he movie pass. It’s ridiculous. Don’t waste your time or money dealing with this company.
Sharlyn O.
Moviepass started out great until they kept changing their terms of agreement. It went from being able to see unlimited movies to now being restricted to only 3 movies a week. On top of that, they would only allow users to view movies according to a schedule of what they would offer on the app. My husband and I canceled after learning about their recent shenanigans and moved to AMC A-list!
Abby H.
Tracking biometrics in exchange for money is vile. It's beyond insulting and the most disturbing thing of all is anyone who'd be a willing tool in their own society's demise in exchange for a little money.
member-4c57c
Absolutely awful!  Buyer beware.  You subscribe, then they continually change the terms of the agreement to the point that you can't even use the pass.  Movies are supposed to provide entertainment and stress relief.  I spent so much time on the phone with customer (non) service that it completely defeated the purpose.  Often we would get to the theater and for whatever reason, the pass was invalid.  Trying to contact customer (non) service on the spot is a joke!  They may get back to you within a month in you're lucky.
I finally quit the service and they wouldn't refund my full month payment.  I disputed the charge with my cc company and they applied unconditional credit. Now I can go to the movies when I want, pay for my ticket and know that when I leave I don't have to engage in battle about photos of my tickets, the limitations on the movies I can see, etc.  I am now spending my monthly membership fee on a nice bottle of wine - money well spent. DON:T DO MOVIE PASS!! RIP OFF!!!
Thomas K.
moviepass now has a "new" program but I don't trust them.
I canceled shortly after they changed terms: three movies a month; select movies available; availability disappears before one can get to theater.

If you bought your membership through Costco, consider requesting a refund through Costco.
I have heard that many have very good results getting a refund.
moviepass now has a "new" program but I don't trust them.

I have heard that many have very good results getting a refund.
AlisonK. A.
Elk Grove
I love moviepass, it’s such a cheap & easy way to see a movie. And the in app support is so useful and it only takes a couple of minutes to talk to a real person & they are so helpful.