Mountain Dew® Kickstart™ Energizing Midnight Grape 16 fl. oz. Can uploaded by Kaylee B.

BY MOUNTAIN DEW

Mtn Dew Kickstart Midnight Grape combines the great taste of DEW with real fruit and electrolytes for taste, to get you ready for whatever the night brings. see more...

• Since it looks healthy is it bad tasting? I want to try i...1 Answers
  • Does this have a bitter taste?3 Answers
Paris C.
Nottingham, MD
So far, I’ve reviewed Rockstar, Monster, and Redbull energy drinks...but I completely left out Kickstart. I gave this one star because of the flavor. Flavor in an energy drink needs to be strong enough to balance the carbonation out or it ends up tasting like soda water. They should change the formula and try again.
Megan C.
I usually can't stand the taste of energy drinks, but I love the flavor of the kickstarts. They taste great and really give me a pick-me-up at work. They are reasonably priced, especially compared to other brands. These are my first choice on mornings I need a little caffeine.
Stewart P.
I am a huge fan of the Kickstart drinks but this one is probably my least favorite flavor. It essentially tastes like any other grape soda on the market. I'll buy this flavor only if all others are sold out. However, if you are a grape soda fan, this one does the job nicely.
Tori R.
This is my absolute favorite flavor of all of the kickstarts. The can is really nice and big too. It's low in calories and more compared to a can of pop. It has such a nice flavor. It's not as bad for you as regular pop but still gives you the sugar you want!
Sarah H.
Orlando, FL
I'm not a big fan of drinking energy drinks but I do like Mountain Dew Grape Kickstart. Usually energy drinks have a "unique" taste to them which I'm not too keen on, but this one is pretty good and doesn't leave you with a bad after taste. If I were to choose an energy drink, it would be this one.
Hannah W.
Memphis, TN
Great flavor without the typical energy drink taste, though it is energizing! Has the carbonation and taste of Mountain Dew with a grape flavor that isn't too overpowering.
Destiny L.
I looooove Mountain Dew kickstart. I actually enjoy every flavor. It's my favorite drink to grab when I stop at the gas station. It really is an energizing drink and doesn't taste nasty like other energy drinks.
Kaylee B.
Greenwood, IN
It literally taste better the all of the rest. It actually tastes like grape. And not medicine grape. Plus it definitely is an energy drink because I am jittery.
Maery S.
Redmond, WA
I love the Kickstart line from Mountain Dew, and was excited to try this new flavor even after the admittedly terrifying SuperBowl commercial. Midnight Grape is exactly what you expect: a soft grape flavor with the usual sweetness of Mountain Dew. Easy to drink quickly if you're in need of a boost, and just as easily to sip throughout a dull morning if you need something more prolonged. It's not the most energizing energy drink on the market, but it is a really solid contender.
Rachael W.
Oak Hill, OH
When it comes to choosing an energy drink, consumers have many options. Granted, one would argue that these products typically have a bad taste or are not pleasing to drink. I find that the Mountain Dew Kickstart is the worst tasting energy drink that I have ever tried. It also leaves a horrible taste after you drink it. I would recommend spending your money elsewhere!
Isabella R.
Does this have a bitter taste?
Michele P.
Oceanside, CA
Since it looks healthy is it bad tasting? I want to try it but don't want to waste the money if it's nasty tasting.