by Mortal Instruments Series
Ask a Question
Megan B.
Megan B.
Grand Rapids, MI

What do you think of the casting for the upcoming movie? At first I was pretty unsure, but as trailers have become available and movie posters are coming out, I'm feeling more and more confident in the choices! I'm a big fan of the Valentine and Simon castings!
Samyah F.
Samyah F.
May 12, 2014, 2:40 p.m.
I'm not happy with who they picked for Jace and Magnus just because I pictured them differently. However, the actor for Magnus, at least, did a great job in his role. Jace was alright.
Meagan D.
Meagan D.
Jan. 8, 2014, 5:21 p.m.
HATE casting for Jace. No chemistry between the characters. Just awful.
Becca R.
Becca R.
Oct. 14, 2013, 1:54 p.m.
I liked who they picked for everyone except Jace. I'm in love with the people they picked to play Alec and Simon :)
Rachel H.
Rachel H.
Aug. 6, 2013, 10:01 p.m.
I'm like you. I definitely was hesitant, but the more I watch clips and trailers and read interviews with them, the more I like them. I think they all seem to do a good job, and all seem really passionate about the books and so nice to the fans. (I also LOVE the Simon casting!)
Steph G.
Steph G.
July 28, 2013, 5:53 p.m.
I think it should be "ok" Clary doesn't have red hair.. bummer and I though Jace was going to be way hotter but I'm holding out hope it's going to be great!
Danielle L.
Danielle L.
July 13, 2013, 8:50 p.m.
Its not about what they look like!! We want actors who can embody the character. What they look like should be the least important factor. Did you love the book because of how the characters looked? I say as long as the actors can play my favorite characters, I don't care what they look like!
Shannon G.
Shannon G.
July 6, 2013, 6:21 p.m.
I hate the casting. I can't even lie. I didn't picture these characters like this at all.
Chantelle C.
Chantelle C.
July 5, 2013, 9:13 p.m.
I actually think that Valentine will be well played by the actor! As for the casting role of Clary, I guess that will be all right... I will decide after I see the movie. However, for Jace... I am not pleased, I definitely pictured somebody way different then what was casted. But overall, most of the actors that were picked will do well and do their characters justice I think. Looking forward to the movie!
Audrey W.
Audrey W.
July 3, 2013, 7 p.m.
I don't really like the casting. Simon, Valentine, Jocelyn, and Isabelle, I like. The rest? Not so much.
antonija p.
antonija p.
June 30, 2013, 10:37 p.m.
Same as you! At first I was like Jamie C. Bower isn't gonna work out, he just isn't Jace you know? And when the trailers came out :O he took my breath away
Allison B.
Allison B.
June 26, 2013, 11:01 p.m.
I felt the same way, and am not a fan of the choices for Jace and Clary, but after seeing some of the pictures and the trailers, I feel slightly better, but I'm still not sure how it's going to turn out. So far every book I've read that has become a movie has been butchered, so I really hope they do a good job..

Join Now