BY MORPHE #1 in Eyeshadow Palettes

This is not your average eye palette. That’d be boring. We (and most importantly, Jaclyn Hill) don’t do boring. This palette is a 2-year love affair. 35 brand-new, OMG eyeshadows that Jaclyn whipped up, formulated, tested, re-tested, and perfected. They were created to deliver not only the best color payoff but also amazing application. Mattes, shimmers, satins, foils, and glitter: all pressed to perfection...just the way Jaclyn wanted. Her dreamy colors are now your reality. So whether you’re pressed for time or have time to play, this palette is your new bestie. Because a girl (and guy) needs to have options.

• What do you guys think about this look? I used • [produc...10 Answers
  • Ive heard so much about this palette ... Is it really wor...22 Answers
  • Is the Jaclyn Hill pallette pigmented and worth buying? M...12 Answers
Morphe x Jaclyn Hill Eyeshadow Palette
  • "Nearly all of my brushes and palettes are Morphe and they are my number one go to for these items. Extremely happy with this palette (as I am with all of their products!) very pigmented and blend well. Gorgeous packaging" in 2735 reviews
  • "Yaaaaas! This is literally my favorite palette EVER. lasts so long! It doesn’t wear off at all. Perfect for a bold eye or even a neutral look. Morphe is seriously the best! I 110% recommend this eyeshadow palette!" in 267 reviews
Lundyn W.
The Jacklyn Hill x Morphe palette is my first purchase within the Morphe company. Usually I stick to Tarte, Too Faced, or Urban Decay shadows. I liked the colors and looked into the palette but never truly gave it a secondary thought. However, I decided to get it while wandering around Ulta. I figured the price was pretty high but it was getting a lot of attention.

I gotta say this is officially is my go to palette. The colors are highly pigmented, so a little goes a long way. They also stay on all daaaaay. I can come home from a 12 hour day and have to use coconut oil or micellar water to actually remove it, considering that water doesn't do a damn thing. So it stays on tremendously well. Even application is fairly simple, these colors blend perfectly and fallout is rarely an issue. They blend well into each other, and the color variety from your basic nudes to your Saturday night party purple is splendid. I enjoy that I can play around with different looks and only have to reach for one palette.

This also includes the use of highlighter and contour. The shadows are fairly decent sized, It's not hard to dip your contour/highlight brush into it. The pinks actually are pretty neat when used as a highlighter and they have several browns that can be used with most skin tones as a contour. I enjoyed this even and made the everyday usage of this palette even more valuable.

Skin sensitivity. I tend to have sensitive skin, especially around my eyes. However this velvety formula has caused no issues. I was impressed that it was literally everything, good with sensitive skin, highly pigmented, multi-usage from shadow to contour, and a stay all day wear. I'm hoping other Morphe palettes are just as exceptional and will be looking forward to those purchases. Until then, I gotta say this is my favorite palette thus far.

I'm not the greatest makeup guru, however I did like the look I created with the following: tarte Tarteist™ Double Take EyelinerMorphe x Jaclyn Hill Eyeshadow PaletteToo Faced Better Than Sex Waterproof Mascara
Lisa C.
Pearland
I find many MAC dupes and favorites from this palette...it is not hard to imagine since Jaclyn started her makeup career working for MAC that a lot of her shades are some of her favorite MAC shadow dupes. For instance, you definitely get a MAC Nylon dupe from that blinding light yellow toned highlighter shade up top. Then there is one that is very similar to MAC Ricepaper. I started out my makeup collection with MAC but I also have tried numerous high end and low end shadows and I can tell right off the bat that these shade formula and colors are similar to the MAC ones albeit most feel more creamy and buttery with added dimethecones To the shadow formula- so some do feel more wet than dry. A lot of the blending shade are like MAC Soft Brown and Wedge which are also some of her favorite shades to use.

There is a also a dark brown glitter shade that is very similar in concept to the MAC Deeply Dashing which I got the shadow after seeing Jaclyn use it. So this palette it is literally composed of her own favorite collection of shadows.

The formula is on point. Nowadays most eyeshadow formulas are decent - just what you prefer. I do find this palette to perform well just like my Viseart palette for the mattes. Also the shimmering shades are beautiful as well as being extremely pigmented. These shadows formula can be built up so it layers effectively and blends well all except the black shadow which is harder to blend. Her shadow formula works best with a goat hair brush which is what most MAC brushes are made of. The stiffness of the goat hair picks up the shadow well and deposit and blends quite seamlessly. So I do suggest you use that for this palette. Most low end palette have more fall out than high end in my experience but this palette did not have too much fallout which is a good thing.

Overall, as someone who had played with lots of eyeshadow palette and is a junkie of eyeshadows, I approve of this palette and recommends to anyone who loves warm neutrals with pops of colors thrown in so it is perfect for every occasion.
Victoria Y.
Watertown
Personally, I don’t care much for Jaclyn or Morphe. I know there are some die hard fans, but I’m just not one of them. At the end of the day, I’m choosing to focus on product, not those behind it:

All the shimmers in this palette are great. I like that there’s a bit of variety in textures and colors, which makes this a very easy palette to work with for personal or professional use. I like that there are some shades with a subtle duo chrome shift and I really enjoy the pops of color. Some shades have more fall out than others, but I’d say this is a typical palette in terms of formulation. The mattes are inconsistent. Most of the lighter shades are easy to blend and they don’t skip. They feel smoother and softer. Most of the midtoned to dark shades are patchy and have quite a bit of fall out. They also feel gritty and dry.

As with most Morphe palettes, some shades are hit or miss, but come with a variety of colors and tones. One pet peeve I have in regards to this palette is the fact that there is no matte highlight shade for pale-medium toned users. I feel like she missed the mark by putting two shimmer highlight shades. I get that she wanted different undertones, but the difference is negligible, even for those who are detail oriented, like myself.

I know a lot of others have complained about including the shade names directly below the palette itself, but personally, I could care less. But if that’s something that bothers you, it’s something to consider.

The palette is white, but it’s easy to clean. I make it a habit of wiping down and sanitizing my palettes and my work station, and I have had no issues with it.

Overall, I do think this a worthwhile palette to invest in. There are a lot of shades that offer versatility and you can use this palette on anyone and everyone. Despite its size, i do love traveling with this palette because I don’t have to worry about carrying much else. I have all the matte nude shades I need as well as any pops of color I could want. Even though it is more expensive than other Morphe palettes, it’s a good option for those who want something user friendly, versatile, and affordable compared to brands sold at other mass retailers.

I hope you found this helpful!
Justin W.
Mooresville
Beautiful! I can't use that word enough to describe this palette. Jaclyn apparently put 2 years into making this as perfect as possible and I just have to say bravo to her...she did an amazing job.

You get mattes, you get shimmers, you get metallics, you even get a duochrome with the color Sissy which is just incredible...that coral pink to gold shift, I die. You even get one of the truest black shadows I've seen.

This palette is very versatile as well. No matter what the occasion, you're gonna be able to get a look out of this, day or night. You have several amazing matte shades, ranging from light to dark, that can be used as transitions, gorgeous champagne and cream colored shimmers, you have so many neutral shades to create a more natural look, lighter to darker browns, some more on the yellow side, some with a more red pigment so there's something for pretty much any skin tone. Then you have shades like Royalty, Twerk, Jada and Pool Party, Diva and Enchanted...your bright, glittery purple and teal, satin blue and shimmery green if you want something more appropriate for a night out.

The formulas here are not consistent, I have to say...some of the glitters are a little chunky but still manage to be rather smooth. Certain shades with a more red pigment are definitely a bit chalkier but still not bad at all. That's actually to be pretty expected with a red toned pigment anyway. Over all, they're almost all so creamy. Like butter.

This is one of my favorite palettes, I just can't say enough about it. I've already hit pan on a few of the shades and I will definitely be buying this again. It's simply beautiful and so useful.
Corinne L.
Papillion
The pigment in this palette is amazing! There are so many colors and looks you can create, any eye color will look PHENOMENAL with these colors. The shimmers look amazing even without using Mac fix + or setting spray on the brush. The only thing is that the palette is huge! And there is no mirror. Which means it isn’t exactly travel friendly. Regarding to space and easiness, but the plus is that the palette has multiple colors so you can create different looks on the go. The fallout isn’t ABH subculture crazy, but it isn’t the most amazing product when it comes to fallout.

Another plus to this eyeshadow palette is that it has both warm and cool tones in the shades. So it won’t class with certain skin tones, (depending on the look you create) and it’s good for all year round. Using the warm reds and browns and gold shimmers for the perfect fall look. Or using the dark greens blue and teals for a wintery Smokey look.

The palette is so dirty because I use it so much! The quality of this palette is amazing and I will be repurchasing.

Although I am excited for Jaclyn’s new collaboration with Morphe on her Vault collection!
Kala K.
The inside of the palette is silver. It has 35 shades each at 1.9oz. On the inside top of the palette instead of a mirror, she has a note to her subscribers. I thought that was cute, This palette is $38 without tax/shipping and can be found only at Morphe’s website. I think $38 for the quality and number of shadows this palette has is an absolute steal! I would pay double or more for this. Oh my goodness I love these eyeshadow colors in this palette. If I were to dream up my own palette… this would be it. I’m just telling you, ITS JUST THAT GOOD! Jaclyn worked so hard on this, she didn’t just slap her name on it saying she did a collab with Morphe, she put in 2 years of really hard work, going back and forth to the lab and dreaming up every shade, texture, finish and naming every shade for personal reasons and stories in her life. She should be so proud of the work she put into this. I know I’m proud of her. The quality of theses shadows is like none other, the mattes are super pigmented and beautiful, and the metallics are so smooth and almost wet like with light reflecting particles. I’m just obsessed. I think everyone, with every skin color, eye color and hair color could find their perfect shadows in this palette. Morphe x Jaclyn Hill Eyeshadow Palette
Andrea C.
South Gate, CA
I was super excited when I was finally able to purchase this palette. It sold out instantly 3 times before I was able to get my hands on it (given I never woke up on time haha). Once it arrived I was over the moon excited to test it out.

Pros.
I own other Morphe palettes and this formula was different and better. The glitter and sheen colors have this creamy wet feeling to them (similar to Colourpop Super Shock shadows and highlights) the matte colors are a tiny bit less creamy but they both still blend effortlessly.

Cons.
With almost all eyeshadows there is fall out and this one is no exception. I will say there is less fall out while applying your shadow vs. When you dip your brush onto the palette (does that make sense?). It may or may not be caused by my brushes (specific blending brush/bristles) but when I am applying my eyeshadow, there is less than your average fallout.
The vibrant colors stain your brushes like a mofo. If you are using white/pale color brushes, the blue, purple and green colors will stain your lovely brushes and will require a few washes and a lot of brush cleaner to remove.

Overall thoughts.
I learned the hard way that you shouldn’t skimp out on eyeshadows (and brushes) High quality is a must and this palette meets and exceeds expectations. Not to mention the color variety is beyond amazing!!

My favorite thing about these colors is you can do a natural and vibrant look with only this palette. For my skin tone, The neutrals work perfectly for an everyday look and the lightest colors work for highlight and lid colors. The blues are divine!!! I used the last two rows for Medusa and Harry Potter inspired makeup— the greens and blues have great color payout.
I recommend this palette to everyone who is looking to have a bit more color variety and is willing to explore with their makeup looks.
angela m.
I love it so much! There’s alittle fall out but it’s not that bad! I always do my eyes first before everything else anyways. I don’t recommend this for the beginners since I am one but if ur looking for a lot of colors to play with like to start off, then I recommend this after u already experienced with the neutrals. so lol cuz I’m only a beginner and this really helped me out a lot compared to too faced lady boss beauty agenda palette that was a holiday palette since it was hard to work with. But I love it because it has a lot of warm tones that you need, to neutrals to the beautiful shimmers! It was my first morphe palette! I hope in the future to purchase their 35b palette or other palettes cuz I’m in love with the pigment. (Sorry if my palette is abit messy in these pictures lol, I love the shimmers so one of the shimmers accidentally being blown by me all over the other colors but it doesn’t affect the actual color anyways 🙂)
Jennifer C.
Tewksbury, MA
I know that Morphe as a brand comes off as an overly pushed brand in the makeup industry, especially on social media. However, there is no denying that this eyeshadow palette is incredible. The proof is in the pudding if you look at sales of this palette, as well as the number of influencers that have raved about this palette, and still to this day love the palette & use it frequently for their eye looks. In an industry where eyeshadow palettes are being released weekly from numerous brands, it truly says something when a make up guru or just regular consumer continues to reach for this palette time & time again! The palette I own is in the original packaging that was produced, so yes, the packaging itself has gotten dirty from frequent use of it and isn’t as easy to clean as the new packaging, but that doesn’t effect how I feel about the product overall. I care about the eyeshadows & how they perform! The palette consists of a perfect balance between every neutrals and perfect transition colors, warm tone shades, a few cool tone, and some pops of colors in between. You are both matte & metallic / foiled eyeshadows. The formula of this palette is noticeably better than what Morphe has produced in the past. The amount of looks you can create from this palette is truly endless! This is the perfect everyday eyeshadow palette and I highly recommend it for anyone’s collection, especially if you’re just starting!
Bryanna S.
Doniphan, MO
I have been playing with the morphe, Jaclyn Hill palette for a few months now. At first, I was super excited to get it in the mail because it was such a beautiful palette and so versatile! I felt let down by the blue color that I was most interested in (the darker shade) because it looked on point when it packed it onto my lid, but by lunch time, it was no longer blue. It had turned gray and was completely unremarkable! My heart was crushed! I put the palette down for a while and started using others. I recently picked this palette back up again and have a new found love for it. I was judging the rest of the shades by that one blue that didn’t work out. I started playing around with the purples and golds and quickly realized that this palette was going to be one of my favs! The formula is so creamy. All of the shades are super pigmented. There is a little fall out, but in my experience most heavy pigmented and high quality shadows are going to have some fall out. You get less fall out and more pigment if you apply these shadows with you fingers or dampen your brush with the setting spray of your choice. The shadows in this palette have all blended beautifully. There are so many looks that you can do with just this one palette, making it great to travel with. In summary, this palette is definitely worth the money. You will will not be disappointed with this purchase.
Ellie X.
newry
I want to buy it, but is it worth the price?
Monica T.
Reseda, CA
Is it worth the hype to buy this palette ?
Christina W.
ROTHESAY, NB
Ive heard so much about this palette ... Is it really worth the buy?
Aisling S.