BY MORPHE #1 in Makeup Palettes

WHY IT'S CULT
James Charles loves glam, but he also has a huge passion for crazy, colourful, outside-of-the-box make up and created this artistry palette with that in mind. The James Charles Palette includes 39 seriously bold, beautifully formulated shades—all you need to unleash your inner artist and create - quite literally - any look you could possibly imagine.

DESCRIPTION
When James Charles says you can create anything, he means it. For. Real. The colour never ends with this full spectrum of 39 dialled-up, deeply pigmented shades. With four rows of stunning colour combos and one row of super-sized shades, you’ll be ready to take on any look you can dream up. So go on and go for it. And don’t hold back.

HOW TO USE
Apply with Morphe Eyeshadow Brushes to blend your shades together seamlessly.

FULL INGREDIENTS LIST
PRESSED PIGMENT:

518/RUSTED/MARY/YOU’RE KIDDING/BOUTIQUE/BENNY/TUNE/BEE/BROTHER/ARTISTRY/LOVE THAT/PINKITY DRINKITY/COLA/ESCAPE/SINGLE/SKIP

Mica, Talc, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Phenyl Trimethicone, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Isononyl Isononanoate, Tridecyl Trimellitate, Magnesium Myristate, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Nylon-12, Magnesium Stearate, Silica, Boron Nitride, Polyethylene, Tocopheryl Acetate, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Isostearyl Isostearate, Tin Oxide, Caprylyl Glycol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Phenoxyethanol +/- May Contain/Peut Contenir: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Ultramarines (CI 77007), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Yellow 6 Lake (CI 15985), Red 6 Lake (CI 15850), Red 7 Lake (CI 15850), Red 40 Lake (CI 16035), Red 27 Lake (CI 45410), Red 33 Lake (CI 17200), Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163).

EYESHADOW:

CANVAS/RINGLIGHT/SO GOOD/HALLOWEEN/WIG/TEA/PUNCH ME/SISTER/LITERALLY/SHOOK/ FLASHBACK/FACE/CODE JAMES/10% OFF/NO BEANS/SPOOKY/GUAC/HELLO/PLAYGROUND/ SOCIAL BLADE/DADDY/CAPE COD/A CAPPELLA

Mica, Talc, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Magnesium Myristate, Phenyl Trimethicone, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Isononyl Isononanoate, Tridecyl Trimellitate, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Magnesium Stearate, Nylon-12, Silica, Boron Nitride, Polyethylene, Tocopheryl Acetate, Isostearyl Isostearate, Tin Oxide, Caprylyl Glycol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Phenoxyethanol +/- May Contain/Peut Contenir: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090), Ultramarines (CI 77007), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Chromium Oxide Greens (CI 77288), Red 40 Lake (CI 16035), Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163).

Brooke G.
Wadena
This palette has changed my life. I am a makeup lover and collector and I can honestly say NO makeup palette blends as seamlessly and effortlessly as the James Charles X Morphe Eyeshadow Palette. I have purchased 3 other Morphe eyeshadow palettes and I have been satisfied by the blendability and pigmentation of all of those palettes, but something about the formulas in this palettes is next level.
Personally, one of my weakest points in my makeup application is eyeshadow. I'm not the most creative and I tend to always do the same 3 looks no matter what palette I use. My blending game is not the greatest, despite my efforts, but with this palette I don't even have to try. Honestly! The whole idea behind this palette encouraging those to "unleash their inner artist" could not be more spot on. Before purchasing this palette and imagining all of the looks I can create with it, I was in SUCH a slump. (Like I said above, I do the same 3 eyeshadow looks.) The fact that you truly can create ANY look with this is SO true. The first time I used this palette I was IN SHOCK. It took literally NO effort to create a beautiful, seamless blend and it looked like eyeshadow looks on YouTube and Instagram, and I was seriously convinced I was unable to achieve that look! And again, how these shadows blend and the pigmentation is out of this world. PLEASE do yourself a favor and purchase this palette. The price point is also amazing- 39 shadows for $39? That's better than drugstore prices! 100/10 recommend!
Vegas R.
Kill Devil Hills, North Carolina
Time for a breakdown review with MUA try.me.and.find.out

Palette Price: 39.00 USD (Before Tax)
16.91 cheaper than AVG of 54.91

Cost Per Pan: 1.00 USD
3.32 cheaper than average of 4.32

Cost Per Gram : 0.51 USD
2.11 cheaper than average of 2.61

Grams Per Pan: 1.9 (0.05 Gram Variance)

39 shades with 26 mattes 1 highlighter 10 shimmers and 2 glitters

Its worth noting that the average shades per palette is 15-16

Ordered on launch day, took 5 days to arrive but never received confirmation from morphe,
Palette arrived damaged

I want to explain my reasoning for labeling this a holy grail product despite my issues. The reason for my rating is based on a number of factors that might seem rather inconsequential to others but as a MUA to me these things are crucial.

First; the palette provides a near professional quality makeup palette at a below entry level price.

Second; aside from issues with the purple glitter the texture of the shadows are among some of the best I've used.

To elaborate, my favorite shadows of all time are the Viseart shadows, these shadows are developed in such a unique way and they have a texture that cannot be replicated, but this palette came reasonably close.

Third; the color range and variety of looks available with this palette are so diverse its no exaggeration to say that you could create endless looks with it. I measure a palettes "look capacity" by the number of reasonably distinct looks I can produce with a palette. Of every palette I've tried this palette is a 5/5 for look capacity, which has only been achieved one other time, by my Viseart Grand Pro palette.

Fourth; The performance of the shadows is well beyond anything morphe has EVER produced. James has done an outstanding job and I see this palette for what it truly is, a meaningful and passionate project that James has dreamed about.

A 19 year old entrepreneur worked with a makeup company to produce a bespoke, stellar, quality palette that rivals the performance of any palette under the 100$ price range and even quite a few above it. If anything, this palette is an achievement and step forward for commercial makeup products.

Pros
+ Pigmented
+ Blendable
+ Minimal Fallout
+ Fair Price
+ Incredible Texture
+ Color Variety

Cons
- Black Shadow Lacks Intensity and takes too long to build
- Artistry is too textured and hurt to apply
- Skip stains through primer,
- Matte white doesn't show up
- Bee takes forever to build
- Social blade has lots of fallout
- Pinkity drinkity takes forever to build
- Better on camera than it is in person
- Steeper learning curve
- Packaging is too light, feels very fragile
- No friggin mirror

Summary: HOLY GRAIL

Disclaimer: Products are Rated with a Summary Scale from worst to best based on quality, price, and performance that I experience. I do not consider the opinions or reviews of others and as such my experience may not be your experience. The rating system i use can be found below.

FAIL - AVERAGE - GOOD BUY - GREAT BUY - BEST BUY - HOLY GRAIL

Thank you for reading my review, follow me on instagram and YouTube for more. If you are a brand and would like me to review a product DM me @try.me.and.find.out on instagram.
Rachel C.
Goose creek , SC
Purchased at: ULTA
This is by far my new #1 palette. I work at Ulta beauty and I first thought it was just a phase and because James charles is just a highly Influenced beauty guru. I did not buy it the first two shipments just because maybe I was insane to buy it as soon as I saw it
Over time, I started to wish I had those colors to wear. Everytime my coworkers had an AMAZING look they all answered the same...
Me: " Wow I love your eye shadow! What is it?!"
Them: " James Charles!"
As soon as I saw the next shipment with the palette, I bought one, and good thing i did. They sell out within the hour. They blend so well, they are super pigmented, and they have everything you need to do any look. They only down side to this pallete I've experienced was the hot pink was a little staining. Overall, best makeup purchase I have ever made.
Jessica L.
leesburg
I love James Charles so much and as soon as he came out with his palette I bought it as soon as it launched. I was a little worried at first because I don’t own and eyeshadow primers at the moment. In his video he advised his viewers getting the palette to use an eyeshadow primer for the best pigment and blend. I used my makeup revolution conceal and define full coverage concealer as my base without setting it because I wanted it to be tacky like an eyeshadow primer. I used the technique that James suggested which was packing then blending. This technique really does make a difference and I think an eyeshadow primer isn’t necessary, but a week later I tried it with one and the one difference was that I didn’t have to build up the shadows as much, but it wasn’t a crazy amount of layering. I overall really enjoy this palette and I didn’t get any staining with the shades containing the red40 lake dyes. If you don’t know what those are it is what vegan brands use for reds instead of using carmine which is a crushed up beetle which they use to make reds. Vegan brands use lake dyes (red40) to make reds or vibrant pinks. For sensitive skin it may or may not cause staining, but staining can easily be removed with an oil based cleanser or makeup remover. I use the Trader Joe’s oil cleanser and it works like a dream and keeps away my pimples. As far as the pressed pigment situation on the back of the box the palette comes in you see and eye with a cross through it. This is not because you can’t use it on the eyes like it will make you go blind or something. It is because to get the palette FDA approved they can’t call it eyeshadows because pressed pigments aren’t formulated like regular shadows. Pressed pigments are literally the name they are the pigments immediately pressed into the pan. They aren’t supposed to be used on the immediate eye area, but it isn’t because it will harm you it is because they could possibly cause staining it just really depends on the person. I have used all the brights in this palette and I haven’t experienced any staining so far. I recommend this palette to a makeup lover or a beginner who wants to take a dip into color.
Alyssa S.
Purchased at: ULTA
This palette has really great quality if you use them the way they are intended. The colors , especially bright ones look best pressed in as they are pressed pigments. However, the browns and more neutrals are usually better with blending but still are so much prettier pressed in. This was a big change I had to make because I usually blend a lot instead of pressing. It has made me try brighter colors which has been so much fun to step out of my element and the pigmentation is amazing. Every time I wear it I get great comments and questions asking what palette it is for both colors and neutrals. I would recommend this to anyone in general but especially if you wanted to start using more color as this palette has just about every color you would ever need!
Hanna F.
Cromwell, IN
Purchased at: ULTA
This palette seems to be really nice so far! It is very pigmented. I love how you can truly do any look with this palette! **just not that some colors might stain (this was a’ issue some people were having) but the staining I feel is to be expected with such an amazing color payoff and there is a warning on the package! MORPHE The James Charles Artistry Palette. Shades:
• Row 1: Canvas (matte cream), Ringlight (shimmer pearl), So Good (metallic true gold), 518 (matte neon orange), Rusted (matte chili orange), Halloween (metallic copper), Wig (metallic warm brass), Tea (matte dark taupe)
• Row 2: Punch Me (matte latte), Sister (shimmer rose gold), Mary (matte dusty rose), Literally (shimmer flamingo pink), You're Kidding (matte red), Shook (metallic cranberry), Boutique (matte maroon), Benny (matte black coffee)
• Row 3: Flashback (matte true white), Face (shimmer champagne highlight), Tune (matte light peach), Code James (matte sunset orange), 10% Off (matte burnt orange), No Beans (matte warm brown), Spooky (matte true black)
• Row 4: Bee (matte bright yellow), Guac (metallic avocado green), Hello (shimmer blue ice), Playground (matte neon blue), Brother (matte true blue), Artistry (metallic amethyst purple), Love That (matte magenta), Pinkity Drinkity (matte baby pink)
• Row 5: Social Blade (matte lime green), Daddy (matte forest green), Cape Cod (metallic sea foam blue), Cola (matte royal blue), A Cappella (metallic navy blue), Escape (matte plum purple), Single (matte orchid purple), Skip (matte neon pink)
Stephany L.
I’ve been waiting a while to review this palette because I like to use things more than once before reviewing. Packaging: sleek, thin, easy to store if you have a large enough drawer, the design is beautiful, & feels like good quality.
Now for the actual product, the shades are pigmented & pack a punch for sure! There’s no doubt about that, however, you need to WORK with a lot of these shades. These aren’t the type of shadows you want if you’re in a rush, some of the shades are dustier & harder to blend than others, the shimmers are nothing special, & this is absolutely not the only palette you’ll ever need. Those pops of color are missing their transitions, i.e a light blue, light grey, lavender, highlighter green, etc. I also personally love duo chromes & overall special textures. BUT at $39 it’s good for the price, you do get a lot of colors you need, & there are some amazing shades in there (Bee, 518, Punch Me, Benny, So Good, Pinkity Drinkity, Love That, Skip to name a few) but yeah, there are some great shades in here but it’s not the only palette you’ll ever need, you can create TONS of looks with this yes, but don’t go in thinking this is it if you’re into texture, shimmer, etc. Overall, I would recommend this palette if your collection is small & you have nothing like this & don’t want to break the bank. Definitely use a base with this, I use the NYX Pigment Primer & it makes a world of a difference.
Brittany P.
@jamescharles @morphebrushes
Used James new 🎨. I used 518, Rusted, You're Kidding, Hello, Playground, Artistry, and Bee.
@maccosmetics liquid lipstick in Fashion Legacy. Film Noir blush as bronzer and Shiny Med Deep highlight.
@anastasiabeverlyhills brow Paul Made In Color ebony
@nyxcosmetics eyeliner
#Igetpaidtoplay
#makeup #makeupartist #makeuptutorial #makeupaddict #makeuplover #mua #makeupjunkie #beauty #makeupoftheday #makeuplife #makeupparty #makeupbyme #wakeupandmakeup #makeuponpoint #mac #makeupblogger #makeupwedding #makeuplook #makeuponfleek #anastasiabeverlyhills #motd #makeupwisuda #makeupforever #makeupideas #makeupartist #eyeshadow #bayarea #bayaremakeupartist
Jocelyn D.
Austin, TX
I finally caved in and purchased this palette. The overall palette is great, considering it’s very versatile and you can make MANY looks with it, The colors are very bright and pigmented, The only reason I give 4 stars is because sometimes it is hard to work with/blend out. I don’t recommend a new makeup artist or someone new to makeup get this as your very first palette, it might not work best for someone who’s just starting out, but then again, the amount of colors and shades make it great for a new MUA, considering they get so much for the price, so if your willing to try different techniques on blending it out, then go for it! It’s definitely a good bang for your buck!
Savannah G.
Was so excited for the launch of this palette and unfortunately because I was stuck at work, I missed the launch. By the time I got there it was sold out! Luckily I entered my email for the second launch and got my hands on this pallet. It is a beautiful pallet with so many colors to choose from and so many looks you can create. There is a little fall out and some colores I was disappointed in but that’s doesn’t take away from how amazing the rest of it is. This is worth the purchase if you can get your hands on it seems to sell out pretty quickly. ♥️ MORPHE The James Charles Artistry Palette
Andria E.
Question has been deleted
Kristin M.
Charlotte, NC
How well do these blend? I’ve heard mixed reviews with some saying that this palette is better for those already quite skilled in makeup rather than beginners.
Ashlyn O.
Dover
Is this palette worth it?
Alexa M.
Paris, Ky
Has anyone played with this pallet and if so would you recommend it? Did it stain at all and did it blend well?
Rebekah S.
Decatur , TX
Is the pallet a hit or miss? I loved the Jaclyn Hill pallet but not sure about this one. MORPHE The James Charles Artistry Palette