BY MOROCCANOIL #2 in Hair Treatments

• Moroccanoil® Treatment Original how many of y’all swear b...5 Answers
  • Does anyone know a perfume that smells like the same frag...2 Answers
Brandi K.
Lolo, MT
The best hair oil i have found for my thick and unruly hair, I have tried everything else and this is the only product that has actually worked. I have bright purple hair most of the time so dying does its damage and this oil really helps repair what i have done Not to mention it smells wonderful and seriously only need a little
Ciera B.
This product is great. They use it in my salon and I loved it so much I had to purchase it. It lasts forever! So it may be pricey but it goes along way. Do not apply this to your roots and apply when hair is slightly damp for thinner non-textured hair. I have also heard from women who have textured hair that this is a great daily addition to their routine. And this can be applied to dry textured hair and also can be applied to the root of textured hair
Esther K.
Metuchen
The MoroccanOil hair treatment is similar to a lot of other oil-based hair treatments out there today. It is good for enhancing shine, though I can't say much about whether it makes my hair softer because it seems the same to me. The smell is alright, it doesn't really smell like much. It gets the work done but I'm not in love with it.
Ashley K.
Chesterfield, MO
I cannot praise this enough for how soft it makes my hair feel after using it.  I have naturally thick, curly hair and straighten it semi-regularly.  After showering, I apply 2-3 pumps to my hair and run through it with my fingers, then with a brush.  I wait 5-10 minutes then blow-dry, and straighten it after.  Where my hair was usually dull, this product fills it with shine and makes me want to constantly run my fingers through my hair!  I will never go back to any product that I've tried before!
kat m.
My hair loves this stuff. For thick, frizzy and curly/wavy hair, this product tames and moisturizes my hair amazingly. I apply one pump to the ends of my hair when it's semi-damp and run through it with my fingers. I find other oils too to be too thick and sticky, while this oil is absorbed by hair well. The only issue that I have with this oil is that it leaves behind a sticky residue on my hands that I have to wash off but that isn't a huge deal.
Christina E.
This is just one of those products you always come back to. I have tried other less expensive oils for my hair, and I always come back to this one. It is pricey, but nothing really compares to this product. I love the smell and it does wonders for my crazy split ends and coarse hair. My favorite way to use it is to run a small amount through my day-old curled hair. It seems to bring them back to life and create a freshly curled or wavy look.
Ai Ellico B.
Denver, CO
Their marketing claims about the nutrient and antioxidant benefits of Argan Oil in their products are so over hyped. A bottle of “treatment oil” contains less than 5%. It contains more synthetic fragrance than Argan Oil its self. Read the ingredients people!

INGREDIENTS: Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Cyclomethicone, Butylphenyl Methyl Propional, Argania Spinoza Kernel Oil (Argan Oil), Linum Usitatissimum (Linseed ) Extract, Parfum (Fragrance), D&C Yellow-11, D&C Red-17, Benzyl Benzoate, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone

The first three ingredients of Moroccan Oil Treatment are silicone polymers. In cosmetics, silicone polymers are excellent carrier emollients because their large molecules cannot penetrate living skin but effectively delivers other ingredients to it. Cyclopentasiloxane and Cyclomethicone are volatile silicone solvents (they evaporate) and Dimethicone was one of the first silicone lubricants used in cosmetics.
The fourth ingredient in Moroccan Oil Treatment is the synthetic fragrance butylphenyl methylpropional. Fragrance and flavor manufacturer Givaudan of Vernier, Switzerland developed this substance as Lilial, a chemical mimic of the scent of lily-of-the-valley flowers. In their 2003, Givaudan announced that they discontinued Lilial at the end of 2002 despite high sales volume, but other sources would continue to manufacture it. Interesting because a 2003 European Union Cosmetics Directive notes Lilial as being a dermatitis risk.
Argania seed kernel oil (Argan Oil), the fifth ingredient in the Moroccan Oil Treatment, is rich in antioxidants and omega 6 fatty acids, and is believed to contain twice as much vitamin E as olive oil. Argania oil is 48 percent oleic fatty acid and 34 percent linoleic.
The remaining ingredients are:
- Linseed Extract, which is a mucilage emollient extracted from flax seeds
-Parfum (Fragrance) which is supposedly Coumarin, a vanilla scent
-D&C Yellow 11 and D&C Red 17 which are food colorings
-Benzyl benzoate is a pesticide for scabies and lice also used as a fragrance
-Alpha-isomethyl ionone is a fragrance that the International Fragrance Association has banned for use in perfumes
So, the main ingredients in Moroccan Oil Treatment are silicone polymers, which are very popular for hair smoothing, frizz fighting and shine enhancing in hair care products. Dimethicone and Cyclomethicone are the main ingredients in MOST drugstore hair smoothing formulas (FrizzEase) …So why does Moroccan Oil Treatment have such a hefty price tag ($40)?
AND -
Ingredients are listed by quantity with the largest amount of a single ingredient listed first and so on. If Argan Oil is this product’s featured ingredient (a.k.a. Moroccan Oil), why is it wedged between Butylphenyl MethylPropional (a synthetic fragrance) and Linseed Oil? There’s more synthetic fragrance in this product than the featured ingredient.
The company might rave about Argan Oil’s benefits, but at this shamefully small concentration is accomplishing nothing but exploiting people’s trust.
The real issue here is that the cumulative benefits you’re getting from a product is actually a cosmetic band-aid. I agree, it will make the hair “appear” smoothr and frizz-free almost immediately, but with repeated use, the silicone builds up and becomes increasingly harder to remove with just standard shampooing. This buildup eventually repels the moisture and nutrients your conditioner is trying to deliver to the hair shaft, leaving the hair severely dehydrated. Also, if not removed correctly, the silicone buildup creates an occlusive barrier on the scalp which suffocates and strangles hair follicles and makes hair fall out…NEVER to grow back again.

So if you still want to get this, it’s up to you and you only.
Brittney C.
Justin, TX
First off, I get this at Sephora. The smallest size purchased multiple times is cheaper than the bigger size just FYI. I was surprised to find I didn't LOVE the smell like all the other reviews stated. It wasn't bad, but it wasn't my favorite. I love the way my hair feels after... but it hasn't actually repaired my hair any. Days I don't use it, it looks the same as it did before I started this oil. It's a good "polish" oil but nothing more.
eirini t.
I love this product. The whole line smells amazing. Just a little goes such a long way. I put a few drops through my ends and slowly massage it through before I blow dry. It leaves my hair so shiny and smooth. Immediately de frizzes in heat and humidity. I put it in my hair when I'm on the beach then rinse it out after a few hours with cold water and my hair is like silk!
Jen P.
Hvre De Grace, MD
OMG I literally swear by this stuff!!! And I promise you, I don't take that phrase on very often! Lol. This is one of the only beaty products in all genres, that I would swear by! I have long hair, and it keeps it very soft without any flyaways which is awesome! It also smells amazing and makes my hair feel like silk. Its a lil pricey esp when your broke lol, but I will always buy it whenever I'm able to. And trust me, I little goes a long way. Like I said, I have long hair, but I still only need a dime size amount
Anna S.
Sikeston, MO
Does this smell good?
Katharine M.
Shell Rock, IA
Do you recommend as a leave in treatment or to apply in shower?
Tiffany V.
Waukesha, WI
Is this worth the price?

Sephora