Morning Star Farms Veggie Burgers Spicy Black Bean- 8 CT uploaded by Carley B.

BY MORNINGSTAR #5 in Frozen Entrees

Morning Star Farms® Spicy Black Bean Veggie Burgers.
8 count value pack.
Southwestern style with black beans, corn & tomatoes.
73% less fat than ground beef*.
120 calories per serving.
Good source of protein. see more...

• Are these vegan?1 Answers
  • Does anyone know if these come in gluten free? Thanks!1 Answers
  • I have been wanting to give these a try. Are they any good?7 Answers
Morning Star Farms Veggie Burgers Spicy Black Bean- 8 CT
  • "Instead of imitating meat, they are black bean patties, and they go well with all kinds of condiments.. you can make them traditional burgers or Mexican inspired very easily." in 5 reviews
  • "Not bad if you are looking for something low calorie to put on a bun.they are really easy to make in the microwave and they have a decent texture" in 1 review
  • "I love the taste of these, if you are not a fan of this they have several other veggie burgers flavors, all taste great." in 1 review
Kayla M.
Kayla M.
Minneapolis, MN
Foodie Expert
I recently bought these at Target because I was looking for a quick, easy, and vaguely 'healthy' non-meat entree. I have been making these on the stovetop in a skillet,since that's the recommended cooking option. The taste is pretty good. They're called "spicy black bean", but it's really not spicy at all, just flavorful. [and this is coming from someone who does not handle spicy/hot stuff well at all. The texture is a bit mushy on the inside, but I think I'll try making them in the oven next because I think they might dry up a bit more that way, which is what I'd prefer. I've been just eating them on a plain bun with ketchup since I'm lazy, but I'm sure they'd be even better with some raw or sauteed onions and other toppings.

Keep in mind these do contain eggs so they are vegetarian, not vegan.
Catlin H.
Catlin H.
Caldwell, ID
These are a really great tasting veggie burger! However, anyone who dislikes beans or corn (like my little bro) should be aware that these burgers have whole kernels and beans in the patty. They're really good, and I like to fry them up in a skillet and either eat them as a hamburger on a bun, or put them into things such as mac and cheese, hashbrowns, or creamy pasta. I don't like cooking them in a microwave, but that's personal preference.
Halle M.
Halle M.
Old Hickory, TN
Love these! I have been eating these as a part of my dinner for a while. It is practically a part of my daily routine. They are low in calories, tasty, and has some healthy ingredients in them! like vegetables, brown rice, oats, and more! I have tried other bean burgers on the market but they are not very good at all. These are just so yummy. When you see some , get them! They are not sold everywhere.
Jacki D.
Jacki D.
Tried the black bean burgers a couple of weeks ago for the first time. I was highly skeptical because I know that morning star is a vegetarian brand but i was looking for something a tad more healthy while I'm trying to work on my health. I must say that I have fallen in love with these patties. I would recommend them to anyone without any hesitation. They're nicely seasoned and the texture is perfect
Kara B.
Kara B.
chicago, IL
I am obsessed with these! One way I like to make them sometimes outside of a regular burger is as a crumble with breakfast. I'll scramble an egg and crumble this grilled on top and sometimes even add more black beans on top. They're good just on their own as well. When i'm running low on food, do t have any buns, etc. I'll just grill one or two of these and eat it alone and am happy!
Taina L.
Taina L.
Brooklyn, NY
The yummiest patties ever. I am not a big fan of black bean burgers but this one is fantastic off of a grill with a nice slice of cheddar cheese on top, pepper jack would work well too. It is crispy on the outside and soft on the inside it's so good. I know many non vegetarians that love it as well.
Malisa P.
Malisa P.
Clovis, CA
Foodie Expert
I grew up on morning star and they have come a long way in variety and packaging. My dad like this spicy black bean but my son loves the original griller, I love the griller prime which I can no longer find. Walmart and Trader Joe's has the best price!! Other stores charge an arm and a leg.
Bethanne H.
Bethanne H.
These burgers are not as spicy as the package would believe, but they are AMAZING. super healthy, a great alternative to eat and easy to make - just bake them! i always pick them up on sale and they're just fantastic. if you want a veggie burger with punch, i would definitely get these!
Sarah D.
Sarah D.
Minneapolis, MN
These veggie burgers are awesome. Imitation meat has never been for me, so actually finding a product that is a black bean burger that isn't generic is lovely. I can finally eat with my friends at barbeques with no judgement!! I would definitely recommend to non-vegetarians also.
Nellie C.
Nellie C.
N Charleston, SC
Foodie Expert
These have been my go-to since I've given up meat! They are great for an evening meal or even paired with an egg on a bagel. These patties have a hint of spice and have a very nice texture. The protein also keep me full until lunchtime if I have them for breakfast.
Teresa M.
Teresa M.
La Puente, CA
Foodie Expert
I have been wanting to give these a try. Are they any good?
Felicia J.
Felicia J.
Rockeood, Mi
I love these but does anyone know if they come in a non spicy version? Spice is too much for my daughter sometimes.
ainia r.
ainia r.
Do these taste similar to regular hamburgers?
Hannah D.
Hannah D.
Slayton, MN
Are these really filling? I know that meat (protein) is really good for inducing a feeling of saiety and I'm worried that by switching over to black bean burgers I might not get the same filling feeling and end up eating snacks afterwards...
Maryanne A.