BY MORMON TABERNACLE

Liner Note Authors: Julie Rohde; Scott Barrick; Luke Howard. Recording information: Conference Center at Temple Square, Salt Lake City, UT (12/11/2010-12/14/2010).Editors: Fred Vogler; Ryan Murphy; Mack Wilberg; Bruce Leek. Photographers: Debra Gehris; Ed Thompson; Russ Dixon. The Mormon Tabernacle Choir's Glad Christmas Tidings includes an attractive sampling of traditional carols, classical pieces, and newer repertoire. The album, recorded at a live performance in 2010, opens with A Christmas Roundelay, a new work by Mack Wilberg, the choir's director, in which "While Shepherds Watched Their Flocks by Night" is embedded in rhythmically catchy original music with a distinctive flavor of western Americana. The final, bonus track is a 15-minute tribute to John Parry, and founding director of the choir, with music arranged by Wilberg and a text by David Warner, delivered by actor Michael York. Soloist David Archuleta is featured on six of the tracks: "Joy to the World," "The Cat and Mouse Carol," "G su Bambino," "Silent Night," and "Angels from the Realms of Glory." The choir and the Orchestra at Temple Square perform with their traditional fullness and warmth. The album should be of special interest to Archuleta's fans and listeners looking for a mix of standard carols and newer Christmas music. ~ Stephen Eddins see more...

Mormon Tabernacle Choir: Glad Christmas Tidings w/David Archuleta CD
  • "It's a great cd to listen year round I love to listen to it before church as I am getting ready." in 1 review
Melissa T.
Atmore, AL
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
I do not discriminate when it comes to Christmas music! I love it all, tho some more than others! This music is truly beautiful! The only reason Iam giving it 4 out of 5 stars is because it does stay aft the bottom of my Christmas CD like pile. It just doesn't resonate with me like many others do.
Laura H.
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
The Mormon tabernacle choir is one of the most soothing things to listen to. David Archuleta being added to the mix was purely a bonus! Great not only for Christmas time, but year round. Highly recommend
Brooke B.
Atlanta , GA
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
I love this sound track and how perfect it feels during the holidays, it really is fitting! David has such an awesome voice and the songs are so good and touching that it all just fits together perfectly!
Rachelle T.
Wexford, PA
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
This is my favorite MTC recording ever! It's the greatest Christmas music to listen to. Their sound is so pure and perfect and on pitch. I wish I could hear them live but this recording is a close second.
Jessica B.
Denton, TX
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
I love love the MoTab. I especially love there Cheistmas CDs. They are such a talented and spiritual choir. It's a great cd to listen year round I love to listen to it before church as I am getting ready.
whitney d.
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
I love the MTV they have such a classic sound that really brings you back to the Christmas of old. I enjoy playing it at Christmas, and reliving my high school band days.
Ashley L.
Macomb, MI
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
It has meaning to it and it's very educational. People that enjoy taking up certain types of hobbies would enjoy this.
Vera W.
Ogden, UT
Pop Culture Expert Level 3
My substitute is in the choir and she constantly plays the songs they've done and this 's is my favorite.
Ellie S.
Fort Worth, TX
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
Oh my goodness this choir... I'm a choral music education major so trust me, this is good stuff.
Evangelina P.
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
Just an over great cd to play around Christmas time the choir is amazing and just sounds so good
Amber E.
Morris, MN
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
I don't understand any of this.
Dominique S.
Guymon, OK
Honestly what even is this!!
Brooke B.
Atlanta , GA
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
Does anyone else love this soundtrack?!