Monistat Chafing Relief Powder Gel

BY MONISTAT #1 in Anti-Itch Cream

Chafing Relief Powder-Gel® Skin Protectant Breakthrough Form Dries to Silky Finish. Creates a Silky, Invisible Barrier on Skin. Relieves Chafing from Moisture, Movement & Shaving. For Inner Thigh & Bikini Area. Soothing Care® Provides on-the-go daily prevention and relief from chafing and irritation of skin in intimate, delicate areas like the inner thigh, bikini area, under arms and breasts.  Made especially for women, the exclusive Powder-Gel® formula combines the protective benefits of lotion and powder by forming a silky, breathable moisture control barrier to fight. see more...

• Does this actually work?2 Answers
  • Has anyone used the monistat chaffing gel for primer? How...3 Answers
  • so im barely learning you can use this for a primer for m...4 Answers
Monistat  Chafing Relief Powder Gel
Monistat Chafing Relief Powder Gel
  • "Even tough its not a beauty product I use it under my foundation and it works amazing I've gone trough a few tubes and will continue to purchase this, its better than the real face primers." in 66 reviews
  • "I have been using this as a makeup primer for YEARS, and I would never spend two or three times as much for a high-end beauty brand." in 37 reviews
  • "I've also tried this product once as a make-up primer as everyone mentioned, works great with that as well, but I wouldn't use it for that purpose due to possibility of break outs." in 22 reviews
  • "This product is great and provides awesome relief to my inner thighs from chafing from running/walking all day in shorts." in 12 reviews
  • "This stuff really does work well for a primer and I think is a dupe for smash box photo ready primer.. Now I always wanted to get it for its intended purpose I am about 60 pounds overweight and my legs chaff often specially when I wear leggings." in 8 reviews
victoria R.
Wellness Guru Expert Level 1
So i discovered this product because i seen a couple people use it as a face primer. So of course i decided to try it out for myself. This is amazing. It feels so smooth and amazing while your putting it on your skin. It does not dry out your face which is a plus because i have dry skin. It doesn’t cling to my dry patches. This makes my makeup last all day. It’s so affordable and this will literally last you forever .because a little goes a long way! This is my second one. And it will last me forever. I definitely recommend it
c. j.
My fave daily face primer and dupe for Smashbox HD Primer at a drastically reduced price!! the gel to powder formula is divine and smooths everything down for a really nice finish for makeup application that lasts. I still use an extra layer of eye primer or concealer/powder if I'm doing an extra eye look but for daily wear, this holds it down! cheap & chic.
Jacqueline M.
Lansing, MI
Wellness Guru Expert Level 1
I don't really use it as a chaffing cream, but i use it as face primer. I always put it on right after i shower and i know ill be doing my makeup. It is super soft and doesn't feel heavy on the face. It is super inexpensive compared to many other primers. Only thing is now there is a lot more demand for it since girls/ladies/women are buying it for priming it is difficult to come across it at many drug stores/super centers because they typically are run out or they sell out quicker than they can restock!
Hannah A.
Grand Rapids, MN
Honestly have no idea how it works with chafing but Holy crap it's an A M A Z I N G Primer!!! I've had a problem finding the right primer for my dry sensitive skin and this stuff is perfect!! As you see in the photo it keeps me skin looking smooth and even!!
Karliz D.
Wellness Guru Expert Level 1
Just like some comments, i use it as primer for my face whenever I put it on my face feels so smooth and my makeup Glides on so nice I don't think is amazing in the long run but obviously this product is not meant for the face definitely use it this summer also according to what it's meant to be for!
Rebecca B.
Brownstown, IN
Let me let y'all in on a little piece of Heaven. Go to your nearest drug store and buy this. Go home, put it on your face (lightly, because a little really does go a long way in this instance), and apply your holy grail foundation. You will notice that it applies like Heaven and stays. All. Day. 🙌🏼 this is seriously my new holy grail primer. I have heard good things about it before but kept blowing it off. I bought it about a week ago and already can't live without it. Who cares if the guy at the check out counter tries to hide it because he's embarrassed. This lady doesn't care. It's so worth it.
Ariana D.
Joplin, MO
Use it as a face primer and I love it! I've also used it on my thighs and it did the job it was made for as well haha. But I love it as a primer it's feels good and looks good on the skin. I don't know how everyone started using it on their face but I'm glad they did.
Kaitlyn V.
Castroville, CA
Wellness Guru Expert Level 1
This stuff literally does such wonders. If you ever have a really bad itch down south then this is a product to greatly consider, it greatly reduces any itchiness that you make have; however, sometimes it seems like you may have to reapply more often than other times like I find when I am active and breaking a sweat I usually have to apply it sooner than when I’m just lounging around.
Noa S.
Raleigh, NC
I actually bought it off Amazon after reading online about its multipurpose use.
I use it for its original intent, to prevent inner thigh chafing. It's so strange. Coming out of the tube it's a lotion but when I actually spread it on my inner thighs it feels like powder, and it makes them smooth and glide against each other without chafing. You will have to reapply throughout the day though, especially during summertime. But the product definitely works!
Baylee W.
Spring Park
I love to use this stuff as a primer before makeup! I originally thought it was so weird that people used this stuff on their face but for $6 I decided to give it a try. BEST PRIMER EVER. There’s so much product, it leaves my face feeling silky smooth, & my makeup stays on all day! I’ll repurchase this again when my current tube is gone!

*Tip: let it sit on your face for a couple minutes before applying foundation on top so it can dry down a bit!
Juana B.
homeland, ca
How do you use it?
Kyle R.
Littleton, CO
Has anyone experienced breakouts by using this all over your face?
Morgan L.
Parsippany, NJ
I've heard from several friends and beauty gurus that this product can also be used as makeup primer since it contains the same ingredients has some high end primers. Has anybody tried using this product in that way and what did you think?
Nicole D.