Monistat Chafing Relief Powder Gel

BY MONISTAT #1 in Anti-Itch Cream

Chafing Relief Powder-Gel® Skin Protectant Breakthrough Form Dries to Silky Finish. Creates a Silky, Invisible Barrier on Skin. Relieves Chafing from Moisture, Movement & Shaving. For Inner Thigh & Bikini Area. Soothing Care® Provides on-the-go daily prevention and relief from chafing and irritation of skin in intimate, delicate areas like the inner thigh, bikini area, under arms and breasts.  Made especially for women, the exclusive Powder-Gel® formula combines the protective benefits of lotion and powder by forming a silky, breathable moisture control barrier to fight. see more...

• Does this actually work?2 Answers
  • Has anyone used the monistat chaffing gel for primer? How is the ...2 Answers
  • so im barely learning you can use this for a primer for makeup tr...4 Answers
Monistat  Chafing Relief Powder Gel
Monistat Chafing Relief Powder Gel
  • "Even tough its not a beauty product I use it under my foundation and it works amazing I've gone trough a few tubes and will continue to purchase this, its better than the real face primers." in 66 reviews
  • "I have been using this as a makeup primer for YEARS, and I would never spend two or three times as much for a high-end beauty brand." in 37 reviews
  • "I've also tried this product once as a make-up primer as everyone mentioned, works great with that as well, but I wouldn't use it for that purpose due to possibility of break outs." in 22 reviews
  • "This product is great and provides awesome relief to my inner thighs from chafing from running/walking all day in shorts." in 12 reviews
  • "Like many of the other reviewers I use it as a makeup primer and feel it outperforms high end primers for a fraction of the cost." in 10 reviews
Sara B.
Richland, WA
Wellness Guru Expert
I watch a lot of beauty related you tube videos and a few of the youtubers said that the Monistat Chafing relief powder gel makes a phenomenal foundation primer! I was like ok I will give it a try! Oh my gosh!! This stuff is amazing! It fills in your fine lines and pores so your foundation lays nice and smooth! It also helps mattifying your face if you have oily skin! It has almost all of the same ingredients as the SmashBox Photo Finish primer. It also has Dimethicone in it which is amazing for your skin! The best part is it was only $5.99 at target for a large tube of it! The consistency is identical to the SmashBox. This is honestly better in my opinion and a fraction of the price! I highly recommend googling information on it and giving it a try!
Melissa D.
Northollywood , CA
Wellness Guru Expert
I had to get this!! I heard great things about this so I had to get it myself. So far I love it. I use this as a primer before I put on my foundation. This leaves my makeup lasting for a good while. Basically this has the same silicones it has on the high end primers like SmashBox. Which this product works the same . No need to spend more money on those high end primers this works great as a primer try it and it's a great price. I would definitely be getting this for now on I recommend to use this as a primer and you will see results.
Jenn W.
Kissimmee, FL
THIS STUFF IS MY LIFE. I live in Florida, so skirts and shorts are a must. However, when they’re just short enough to leave my thighs vulnerable, i break out this baby. On a really humid day, if I’m in Disney for 9 hours, i only reapply once. I have gone full park days and only needed one application! It goes on easy, doesn’t smell, and is worth every cent of its reasonable price. I don’t leave the house without it!
Rachael B.
Virginia Bch, VA
I use this as a primer for my makeup! I will never buy another primer again! This has the same active ingredient as the smashbox primer. Its acts as a barrier between your face and the makeup. I have combination skin and it is amazing! My makeup and skin has never looked better! I also dont break out as much anymore.
Now, for chaffing issues... It works great for that as well! Because its powder gel, you don't even know its there!
Everyone needs a tube of this in their beauty area! I love a multi-functional tool! Get this!!!!
Rebecca B.
Brownstown, IN
Let me let y'all in on a little piece of Heaven. Go to your nearest drug store and buy this. Go home, put it on your face (lightly, because a little really does go a long way in this instance), and apply your holy grail foundation. You will notice that it applies like Heaven and stays. All. Day. 🙌🏼 this is seriously my new holy grail primer. I have heard good things about it before but kept blowing it off. I bought it about a week ago and already can't live without it. Who cares if the guy at the check out counter tries to hide it because he's embarrassed. This lady doesn't care. It's so worth it.
Marciela M.
I’ve been using this as a dupe for smashbox cause it’s been hurting my pocket and girl let me tell you. It works just as good. I will repeat to use this from now on. I bought this at target and need to get more. No improvement needed. Fine as Is. I highly recommend if you ballin in a budget.
Sidney D.
Wagoner , OK
Monistat Chafing Relief Powder Gel Although this isn't labeled an official primer, it works amazingly. It smooths the skin and minimizes your pores and makes your makeup glide on so smoothly. It costs about $7-$8 dollars and if you haven't tried it, it is definitely worth it!!
Pahoua V.
Stockton, CA
I heard this product works wonder for its original purpose but it’s my holy grail face primer! I discovered using this as a primer from an ad on Facebook. Since it was inexpensive I gave it a try and didn’t regret one bit! I’ve tried The Porefessional by Benefits and Smashbox Photo finish primers which didn’t blur my pores much but this chaffing powder did an amazing job! There’s not a lot of texture and my pores are not noticeable after I set my face all because of this product as a primer.
Baylee W.
Spring Park
I love to use this stuff as a primer before makeup! I originally thought it was so weird that people used this stuff on their face but for $6 I decided to give it a try. BEST PRIMER EVER. There’s so much product, it leaves my face feeling silky smooth, & my makeup stays on all day! I’ll repurchase this again when my current tube is gone!

*Tip: let it sit on your face for a couple minutes before applying foundation on top so it can dry down a bit!
Presley C.
Wise, VA
Let me change your life with this review. I started watching makeup tutorials on facebook of this girl "Slay with Dre McCray" & she said she used Monistat Chafing Powder Gel for primer, yes you heard me right. You seriously need to try it. It has the same active ingredients in high end primers. It is soooooo smooth, makes your skin feel amazing, makes my makeup last all day long/stay in place. It is truly a life changing.
Juana B.
homeland, ca
How do you use it?
Kyle R.
Littleton, CO
Has anyone experienced breakouts by using this all over your face?
Morgan L.
Parsippany, NJ
I've heard from several friends and beauty gurus that this product can also be used as makeup primer since it contains the same ingredients has some high end primers. Has anybody tried using this product in that way and what did you think?
Nicole D.