BY BENNETT MILLER

Based on a true story, Moneyball is a movie for anybody who has ever dreamed of taking on the system. Brad Pitt stars as Billy Beane, the general manager of the Oakland A's and the guy who assembles the team, who has an epiphany: all of baseball's conventional wisdom is wrong. Forced to reinvent his team on a tight budget, Beane will have to outsmart the richer clubs. The onetime jock teams with Ivy League grad Peter Brand (Jonah Hill) in an unlikely partnership, recruiting bargain players that the scouts call flawed, but all of whom have an ability to get on base, score runs, and win games. It's more than baseball, it's a revolution – one that challenges old school traditions and puts Beane in the crosshairs of those who say he's tearing out the heart and soul of the game. see more...

• Why do you think that other teams aren't following suit w...2 Answers
  • "While this movie was a bit slow in parts, I really enjoyed it." in 1 review
  • "And the fact that it's based off a true story makes it even better." in 1 review
  • "Great movie I was hesitant to watch it but decided to turn it on to help me fall asleep I ended up staying awake for the whole thing " in 1 review
Kerri S.
Wheelersburg, OH
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
Such a Great movie! Will def watch it again!!Brad plays an awesome role in it
Jacinta G.
Waterford West, Queensland
Thought this would be Oscar bait but it turned out to be a wonderfully nuanced, well acted film with a breadth of writing little seen in movies these days.
Melissa P.
Amherst, NS
Pop Culture Expert Level 3
Kate W.
Toronto, Ontario
This is an amazing movie. It's so captivating and very well acted. I absolutely adore this movie.
Susan C.
Oakbank, MB
I was not really expecting to like this. At all. I was so wrong! have watched it a few times.
Melissa B.
Avondale , AZ
Why do you think that other teams aren't following suit with trying to come up with a "perfect" team???