BY BENNETT MILLER

Based on a true story, Moneyball is a movie for anybody who has ever dreamed of taking on the system. Brad Pitt stars as Billy Beane, the general manager of the Oakland A's and the guy who assembles the team, who has an epiphany: all of baseball's conventional wisdom is wrong. Forced to reinvent his team on a tight budget, Beane will have to outsmart the richer clubs. The onetime jock teams with Ivy League grad Peter Brand (Jonah Hill) in an unlikely partnership, recruiting bargain players that the scouts call flawed, but all of whom have an ability to get on base, score runs, and win games. It's more than baseball, it's a revolution – one that challenges old school traditions and puts Beane in the crosshairs of those who say he's tearing out the heart and soul of the game. see more...

• Why do you think that other teams aren't following suit w...2 Answers
  • "While this movie was a bit slow in parts, I really enjoyed it." in 1 review
  • "And the fact that it's based off a true story makes it even better." in 1 review
  • "Great movie I was hesitant to watch it but decided to turn it on to help me fall asleep I ended up staying awake for the whole thing " in 1 review
Melissa V.
This movie exceeded my expectations completely. I'm not one to usually 'love' sports movies, but was very surprised as how much I enjoyed this movie. Brad Pitt gives an unforgettable performance and there are superb supporting actors as well.
#nerdygirl ..
I really like this movie. It can be a little slow for younger kids though. As for older people, it's a great story. The movie is very touching and I love the perspective it puts the real story in.
Katie P.
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
Baseball fans will enjoy getting this behind-the-scenes look into the inner workings of a baseball team. If you're not into baseball or statistics, you can still enjoy the great acting and the underdog story. This film has the right balance of humor and heart.
Rebecca C.
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
I was so surprised by how much I liked this movie. It is emotional, funny, and dramatic. Brad Pitt disappears into his role and gives a really great performance. It stands out from other sports movies because it focuses on more behind-the-scenes of the game stuff than actual games and scores. It is unique and inspiring, and worth a watch.
Janet D.
Old Orchd Bch, ME
Pop Culture Expert Level 3
I know absolutely nothing about baseball, not really interested in that sport. But it didn't matter. Philip Seymour Hoffman's character was horrendous, but what a performance from him. True story, such a great story.
Alicia R.
Trenton, KY
This is really a great movie. I am not normally one to watch movies about sports (especially baseball). But this was very moving and I think depicted the story of one mans challenges very well.
Brittany J.
Pop Culture Expert Level 3
What a great baseball movie and I've seen almost every baseball movie known to man. Really gives you a new perspective on not only the A's ball club but a lot of ball clubs around the MLB.
Ashley D.
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
I love Brad Pitt movies. I was a little hesitant to watch this because I'm not into sports movie. I borrowed it from a friend and got a copy of my own later on.
Liz K.
Pittsburgh, PA
I'm not that into sports movies but this movie was absolutely amazing. I loved all of it. And the fact that it's based off a true story makes it even better.
Grayce W.
Tempe, AZ
I'm obsessed with baseball and baseball movies, and this is one of my favorites. Interesting, smart, and funny with sweet and touching moments.
Melissa B.
Avondale , AZ
Why do you think that other teams aren't following suit with trying to come up with a "perfect" team???