BY MOLLY COSMETICS

Wasting products is history now cos, of course, it doesn't soak in a thing! The foundation needed is literally just half the amount compared to directly using brush or sponge. Spreading product with it will take some getting used to, final blending can always be finished with oval brush or usual sponge (for example beautyblender), that means washing the oval brush or the sponge will be minimized and they will last a whole lot longer. It is ideal for people who don't like messy fingers during makeup. AND I bet you can imagine cleaning THIS APPLICATOR will literally take no more effort than rubbing it with a little soap and rinsing with some luke warm water. If you are a professional makeup artist, can you imagine how exciting it is that you can use it on one client/model, clean it with a makeup remover and sanitizing spray, and then you can use it on another client/model immediately just like that? Throwing away disposable sponge can totally be minimized!!!!

Molly Cosmetics Silisponge
  • "I Loved this beauty blender, is very cute, very awesom, difumina super bien, y ya no puedo decir más" in 23 reviews
robin k.
Loveland, OH
Purchased at: ULTA
I personally love this sponge it’s alot easier to remove the makeup than the beauty blender. it works just as well. i personally would definitely recommend trying this product out if you haven’t yet.
Leah B.
Philadelphia, PA
I decided to try this when I saw it trending from my favorite beauty bloggers on YouTube. It is a weird invention but it looks cool. The one thing I like about this is that it is very easy to clean unlike a beauty blender. The downfall is that it doesn't really blend well. I have to make sure I go over my face numerous times so I don't walk outside with weird patches on my skin. I sometimes even have to even it out with a foundation brush...
Mirror M.
Tallahassee, FL
I’ve seen so many beauty gurus and makeup artists using the SiliSponge lately, so I decided to try it out for myself and see if it really lives up to the hype. The silicone “sponge” is supposed to blend just as well as a traditional blender, but without absorbing all the product a traditional sponge would. The sponge itself is thicker than I thought it would be, and not very ergonomic when it comes to the shape. It also has a weird smell to it, but that’s just probably from the manufacturing process. I used the blender on three different foundations (BB cream, medium coverage liquid, and stick) to test out it’s true blending abilities. Unfortunately, I’d rather use my fingers over this sponge. Not only was it hard to blend the product, wasting precious time and energy, but the coverage was very patchy. The foundation did not seem to actually be blended into my skin, but rather left just sitting on top, making the application look so unnatural. I ended up blending my foundation out with a beauty blender anyways. Overall, I don’t like the SiliSponge at all. The website says final blending can be done with a brush or a beauty blender, but what’s the point of using two different sponges to get the effect I can with using just one? At least Molly Cosmetics recognizes that this sponge is hard to blend with, and “take some getting used to,” but for all the extra effort and time needed to blend product with the SiliSponge, I’d rather just stick with my normal beauty blender.
Emily G.
Hixson , TN
After using my makeup sponge for a long time , it kept absorbing a lot of my makeup. When I saw this become popular on Instagram I had to try it. It takes a while to blend and your arm may hurt. But the results are amazing ! All the product is on your face and the coverage is amazing!
Jes E.
Saint Louis, MO
Love that it doesn’t soak up product like typical beauty sponges. But it’s a lot more difficult to blend liquid makeup with it. It’s just smears it around and makes it look blotchy and cakey. But love that it saves so much product!
Carla H.
Hazard, KY
In my opinion I think those giving the silisponge a bad review don't know how to use the silisponge correctly. I use it often and will admit that it did take me time to learn how to use it correctly. Now that I know how I love this product! Best way to use the silisponge and the StarDust is simple put your foundation on the silisponge (less foundation) dap it on your face then use a circular motion to blend it out afterward you can use your favorite BB to push your foundation down in your skin but only if you prefer to. YOU DO NOT use as much foundation as you would if you used your BB!!! I use it by putting the foundation on the silisponge then I dab it on my face use a circular motion to blend the foundation out and sometimes use my Bb to bounce the foundation in my skin depending on which foundation I'm using either full coverage or light covered foundation. I love the silisponge because I don't use as much foundation as I use to and foundation isn't cheap!
yadira m.
Lawrenceville, GA
I really like how easy it is to clean and sanitize. That's the one thing it has going for it. I really hated the finish I felt like it left several streaks on my face and it felt very unnatural I was expecting more from it but I might just have to give it another try. I bought this straight from molly cosmetics. Now I only purchase beauty products that are 100% cruelty free and they advertise themselves as cruelty free. However I know they are from hung king and I know that they have a strict animal testing policy... I emailed them to confirm they were cruelty free but I never got an email confirming. I did purchase it since I read Hong Kong is like a separate entity to china so the animal testing isn't required but I still would have liked to hear back directly from them!
Helen K.
This just adds an extra step honestly, It definitely helped with making sure I used less makeup, and it's ALMOST worth using it to spread product before using the blender to try to buff out the streaks, but I like doing my makeup as quickly as possible so I'm okay with losing a little more product to save time! Beware, it really does save product so don't even THINK about putting your usual amt of foundation on the sillisponge at first, you will end up with pudding face that will take a few paper towels to buff off. TLDR: if saving makeup is more important to you than saving time, buy one. if you'd rather use more product and save a step, stick to your blender.
Xaena C.
Fayetteville , NC
At first glance this seemed really gimmicky, but it caught my attention and I knew I had to try it. And at the low price point, why not? It's super easy to clean and doesn't absorb any product. It also smells strangely good? I will say this: do not use this for foundation. It will look so cakey and gross. Sponges and brushes absorb excess product which prevents you from looking like a slice of tres leches, this does not. However, for concealer it is bomb. I have really dark circles under my eyes that require a lot of product to cover. Witha sponge I find myself having to do layer after layer after layer because the sponge is soaking half of my product up and not covering anything. The silisponge does not do that. It rubs every drop of product into the skin. I mostly use it for color correcting but I love it for that.
Mandolyn N.
San Antonio, TX
To be honest I ordered a "knock off" from wish.  I spent $1 compared to the $12 shown on the website.  I love that I'm wasting less product since purchasing this blender.  I use it to apply my serums, moisturizers, and my foundation. I can actually invest in better quality and high dollar products and know half of it won't end up on the beauty blender.  Like other reviewers noted, I too use it to apply the product and then use a beauty blender to buff out any streaks.  That could be cause I'm still using it like a regular blender and not patting it on.
Jacquelyn B.
Whitestone, NY
Is this better then the beauty blender?
Ashley W.
Frankfort, KY
does this irritate your face at all? i have extremely sensitive skin. i would love to try it but wanna ask around before i make this purchase.
Tyra T.
Knoxville, TN
Does the silisponge honestly compare to the beauty blender??
Katie W.
Clermont, FL
Do these silicone "sponges" actually get the job done and give you a seamless finish?
Reagan H.
Birmingham, AL
Does this actually blend as well as a beauty blender since it's a silicon-like material?