Carlie E.
Carlie E.

Do you think these notebooks are worth the price?
Ashley Sue B.
Ashley Sue B.
June 12, 2016, 10:22 p.m.
I cannot figure out why they are so hyped, as they are not any better at all compared to many competitors. I prefer Fabriano and Eccolo, both of which are superior, in my opinion, and half the price of these incredibly over-rated books. I'm a journal junkie, notebook aficionado, and pen-ophile. I've tried them all again and again, and I JUST DON'T GET THESE. I think these are simply hyped and "loved" BECAUSE they price themselves in the luxury market. I don't buy the hype. I buy what's special and quality.
Sidra R.
Sidra R.
Dec. 3, 2014, 1:11 a.m.
Little expensive but great quality
Christine L.
Christine L.
Feb. 9, 2014, 8:51 p.m.
Yes, great quality very durable. Easy to travel with, you won't regret owning a few of these notebooks.
Naya L.
Naya L.
Jan. 30, 2014, 7:48 p.m.
Yes I always buy one before going on any vacation so I can document my experience and its the perfect size any purse or handbag.
Eric K.
Eric K.
Nov. 24, 2013, 9:43 a.m.
Yes because they are durable and my kids need durability!
Sabrina G.
Sabrina G.
Nov. 19, 2013, 1:59 p.m.
Absolutely. They hold up well and are a key part of my travel, whether it's taking notes or using it as a journal to remember my trip. I highly recommend the investment.
M G.
M G.
Nov. 15, 2013, 12:18 a.m.
If you're looking for a notebook to last, then these are totally worth the price. (Journaling, etc). I don't use these for classwork because I tend to write a lot of notes and not keep them.
Eve R.
Eve R.
Nov. 12, 2013, 4:14 p.m.
Yes! They aren't necessarily for every subject in school or something like that... but they are great as travel journals and they make amazing planners! Definitely worth it!
Chelsea H.
Chelsea H.
Oct. 14, 2013, 1:09 p.m.
YES! As an art major, it's the only notebook that I will use! The paper is thick enough my ink doesn't soak through but the page is smooth enough I don't have random bumps in my image. I absolutely love these notebooks.
Lindsey Z.
Lindsey Z.
Aug. 10, 2013, 2:13 p.m.
Yes. There are so many other competitors that make a similar product, but they don't compare to Moleskin. They are pricey, but each little book has so many pages. You can get a lot of use out of them.
Rosa C.
Rosa C.
July 6, 2013, 1:33 a.m.
Absolutely, whether you're an artist using it for a sketchbook or an engineer taking notes, it's professional looking and durable! Well worth the price tag.
Marisa T.
Marisa T.
June 25, 2013, 11:27 p.m.
If you are like me and prefer unlined paper, it is amazing. One of the only brands of notebooks that are unlined!
Julia C.
Julia C.
May 31, 2013, 8:41 p.m.
Yes, they are really good quality and last quite a long time.
Vera L.
Vera L.
May 30, 2013, 10:38 p.m.
Most definitely. and they can last for awhile depending on how you take care of it and how small you write.
Himashi A.
Himashi A.
May 14, 2013, 9:11 a.m.
I would consider it overpriced for the size, however I think if you plan to use them as a journal or for holding recipes, I would definitely consider it worth the cost!
Influenster M.
Influenster M.
May 13, 2013, 9:08 p.m.
I think so! My husband has a bunch that he has used through the years as journals, sketch pads, etc... They've all held up really well!
Julia F.
Julia F.
May 5, 2013, 1:22 a.m.
Sometimes for the size of the notebook I do think it is over priced however some of the larger books are fairly affordable for the quality.
Mariko H.
Mariko H.
March 28, 2013, 10:08 a.m.
I really believe that they are worth the price. They are expensive, but they're hand, and come in a variety of sizes, and as a planner.
Lauren T.
Lauren T.
March 22, 2013, 1:14 p.m.
Its silly to think that a notebook is anything but a notebook. But these little moleskins become a product that you buy over and over again regardless of the price.
Katrina O.
Katrina O.
March 5, 2013, 9:33 a.m.
If you value quality then yes! Their price matches their durability
Kat W.
Kat W.
Feb. 25, 2013, 6:13 p.m.
It's a bit expensive. Get them on sale or as a special gift to yourself and it's totally worth it. There are other alternatives for students.
Jenna O.
Jenna O.
Feb. 19, 2013, 10:35 a.m.
Definitely!
Amanda C.
Amanda C.
Feb. 17, 2013, 4:08 p.m.
All of my friends rave about these notebooks, but I personally think they're overpriced. Target has really cute notebooks of all shapes and sizes that are much cheaper and just as durable. I know the paper quality of these notebooks are really good but to just jot random notes, a regular piece of paper will do for me.
Mackenzie B.
Mackenzie B.
Feb. 14, 2013, 3:18 p.m.
They're worth the price for special ones. I love the travel editions!
Danielle R.
Danielle R.
Feb. 9, 2013, 4:12 p.m.
For the quality and style, absolutely. I've bought knock offs and other journals hoping for the same feel, and nothing compares.
Crystal M.
Crystal M.
Dec. 30, 2012, 6:15 a.m.
Yes, if you are going to use them.
Dec. 28, 2012, 9:06 a.m.
They are, but as a broke college student, they're not always an option to buy.
Dec. 28, 2012, 9:06 a.m.
They are, but as a broke college student, they're not always an option to buy.
Laura L.
Absolutely.
Katie K.
Katie K.
Dec. 6, 2012, 2:46 p.m.
Absolutely! Look great, feel great, useful - so much worth it!
Andrew G.
Andrew G.
Dec. 6, 2012, 9:35 a.m.
Yes they are. I have one from over 10 years that is still holding up strong, full of recipes and food ideas.
Jackie J.
Jackie J.
Dec. 5, 2012, 3:56 p.m.
They will last and they have a lot of paper so yes!
Denise N.
Denise N.
Nov. 26, 2012, 1:37 a.m.
If you look online, these notebooks are often on sale so you can always get them for cheaper! I just got a large, plain moleskine for $12.95 on Amazon rather than $17.95 on B&N or the company website! And these notebooks are really durable and perfect for tossing them around, which I often do!
Ashley F.
Ashley F.
Nov. 24, 2012, 1:55 p.m.
I think it really depends. If you're taking notes in class in one, probably not. From an artistic stand point, I think it's completely worth the price!
Lynzi B.
Lynzi B.
Nov. 23, 2012, 5:27 p.m.
Yes because its so durable
Grayson M.
Grayson M.
Nov. 23, 2012, 6:45 a.m.
These are amazing notebooks but definitely not worth the price. Luckily I got mine off of eBay with a nail polish lot all for less than the price of 1 notebook.
Raysha L.
Raysha L.
Nov. 19, 2012, 12:29 p.m.
Absolutely! They are duarble!
Mackenzie L.
Mackenzie L.
Nov. 18, 2012, 11:23 a.m.
I think they are. I know it's just for taking notes, but they are very high quality, and so yeah. I think they are totally worth the money. :)
Sara W.
Sara W.
Nov. 17, 2012, 2:57 p.m.
If you're just jotting down notes, not really. if you're an artist that scotches often, yes! if you want to avoid the price but want a nice look, go for field notes!
Mona M.
Mona M.
Nov. 14, 2012, 8:37 a.m.
No, you can get knock off ones easily that are just about the same.
Becky J.
Becky J.
Nov. 13, 2012, 2:12 p.m.
I think so! They are excellent quality and I just adore all the different sizes they are offered in.
Jessie B.
Jessie B.
Nov. 13, 2012, 7:49 a.m.
I'd have to go with yes. Its very high quality.
Stephanie D.
Stephanie D.
Nov. 12, 2012, 6:49 p.m.
The quality is great, so if that's what you are looking for, yes
Kirstie P.
Kirstie P.
Nov. 12, 2012, 6:07 p.m.
The historical quality make them worth the price, but I am definitely happy when I find them on sale!
Karen P.
Karen P.
Nov. 11, 2012, 11:21 p.m.
I honestly do think they're worth it. the quality and plus I love the look it's simple and fancy idk I just love them so much
Caitlin S.
Caitlin S.
Nov. 11, 2012, 6:08 p.m.
Personally, it's sort of the history and the iconic look that makes the Moleskine so desirable. Famous artists and writers used them, today's painters and creative thinkers tote them around everywhere. But they are definitely reaching out to more audiences with the large, colorful versions for school and the themed Moleskines (famous cities, weight loss, music, etc.) I definitely love them but try to catch them on a sale.
Addy G.
Addy G.
Nov. 10, 2012, 4:51 p.m.
Yes, definitely. Though, it is always great to get them on-sale. I think that the custom notebooks for recipes, planning, etc. make them great products.

Join Now