BY MODELO #22 in Beer

A medium-bodied lager with slow-roasted caramel malts. Brewed longer to enhance the flavors, this Munich Dunkel-style Lager gives way to a rich flavor and remarkably smooth taste. When it comes to all the different ways we celebrate Latino culture through food and drink, Modelo Negra’s rich, smooth taste is the perfect way to enhance the flavors. See how Masterchef Rick Bayless uses Modelo Negra to give these timeless Mexican recipes a modern spin. Modelo Negra's rich, smooth taste brings out the flavors of these Mexican-inspired recipes.

• What's the best Mexican dish that pairs with this beer?11 Answers
  • Is this any good?No reviews yet.5 Answers
  • Do you prefer negra modelo or the regular modelo??6 Answers
  • "It tastes great paired with a lime wedge!" in 1 review
  • "I can never go wrong with Negro Modelo when ordering fajitas or my favorite chile rellenos...so refreshing and it has the perfect amount of carbonation." in 1 review
  • "I really don't care for beer very often - I'm a mixed drink/wine/anything else kind of gal." in 1 review
  • "Negra model deff one of my favorite beer i could drink this and not get tired of it" in 1 review
  • "Negra Modelo is great alongside some hearty Mexican food – it's quite light compared to most other dark beers." in 1 review
Karen M.
This is my go to beer. Love making micheladas using modelo negra, super refreshing on a hot summer day. It has a nice crisp to it and at an affordable price. The packaging is simple but yet different that you can’t miss is at the stores. Defiantly have to try it if you haven’t.
Viridiana G.
San Francisco , CA
La chela! Me recuerda a México, sabe a México y me la tomo a su salud! He estado viviendo en el extranjero por ya varios años y es bastante grato tener productos que te recuerden a tu patria. Me gusta la botella y aunque no es la cerveza más económica vale toda la pena 🇲🇽
Cricket K.
Happy Hour Expert Level 2
I LOVE this with any Mexican food. It's been my favorite for YEARS! It's a little heavier than a few others, but the flavor is so enjoyable and refreshing. It balances so incredibly well with the spices of any Latin dish. I LOVE IT! Though, I will only drink it with Mexican food. For some reason, when it's by itself, it's too heavy and too rich to fully enjoy. Next time you're at a Mexican restaurant, looking at what to drink with your Carne Asada or your Fajitas, get one of these. I promise you. It's PERFECT.
Hanna W.
Portland, OR
These beers are great. The label and bottle are so distinguishable I love enjoying this beer with a good Mexican meal. I don’t often see this available at restaurants unless it is a Mexican restaurant but it’s always nice to see when it is available.
Dee A.
Hampton , VA
This is the ONLY dark beer I like and I actually love it! The flavor is so good! Nice strong but not overpowering. I buy it often but I love when I can go to my Mexican restaurant and they have it on tap. We always get the huge mugs. Perfect!
Amanda M.
Secaucus , NJ
Happy Hour Expert Level 1
This one is good more similar to a stout it’s not that expensive just like any other pack I had it once my friends like it and get it often it’s darker thicker I would recommend if you like stout and more towards a wheat flavor
Kyle S.
San Antonio
For anyone who hates beers, try this. I swear to you when I say, this is infinitely better than most beers. It’s my go to for a nice, smooth drink that doesn’t taste like garbage and I won’t have to make a full on mix drink.
Crystal C.
Santa Rosa , CA
Hey favorite drink at the moment, every time I go to a party this is what I take to drink. It has a good flavor nothing to overpowering. I say it reminds me of when I went to Mexico and had a drink there. True to flavor
Genova C.
Great beer! This is my number one go to, wether it’s a relaxing night to myself, with a casual meal, or a night out at a bar with friends. The flavor is authentic compared to other beers and filled with an amazing taste that keeps you wanting more.
Zachary D.
Huntsville, AL
Happy Hour Expert Level 1
Love Modelo. The gold leaf is a pain, but I love the taste of the beer. Stout bottles are perfect for easy gripping. Love the flavor and price. Recommend to anyone looking for a great dark ale! Buy all the time!
What's the best Mexican dish that pairs with this beer?
Lizbeth D.
Waukegan, IL
Do you prefer negra modelo or the regular modelo??
Connie B.
Powell, TN
Happy Hour Expert Level 5
Is this any good?No reviews yet.