BY MODELO #6 in Beer

Brewed as a model of what good beer should be, this rich, full-flavored Pilsner-style Lager delivers a crisp, refreshing taste. Well-balanced taste and light hop character with a crisp, clean finish. Modelo Especial is characterized by an orange blossom honey aroma with a hint of herb. Modelo Especial is a beer born with the Fighting Spirit. It’s brewed with time, effort, and determination to create the model Mexican lager. Everyone knows that hard work deserves a fitting reward – a Pilsner-style Lager with a clean, crisp taste. Modelo Especial's Mexican culture is a large part of who we are. Since the first bottle came off the assembly line in 1925, Modelo Especial has been a part of Mexican culture. It's a fixture at major holidays, family celebrations, and friendly get-togethers from Sonora to Chiapas. With the help of talented chefs and bartenders from around the world, we’ve crafted a selection of delicious dishes and beer cocktails that represent the very best flavors of Mexico and beyond.

• Is this a late beer or a heavy?3 Answers
  • Would you recommend this over Bud light?16 Answers
  • Is it true that the bottle and can taste very different5 Answers
  • "Also great for summer time and hanging out on the beach." in 1 review
  • "Great beer I prefer the bottles but this is one of my favorite mexican beers." in 1 review
Albert M.
Whittier
It’s a great beer. It’s my go to beer for virtually any occasion, weather it’s relaxing at Home barbecuing or out with friends having a cold one, and at the price point you can’t go wrong. All in all I would definitely recommend it to anyone.
Shanice L.
Doral, FL
This is my favorite international beer. It is not sold where i'm from but i have my ways of getting it. i don;t buy it i get it from my aunt in fl who knows how much i like this beer... i know it is affordable an i would buy this any day. best beer ever. and i don't usually go for beers unless its this one.
Ashley M.
Salt Lake City
Modelo is probably my favorite beer. Theres no other beer that taste as good. I love making micheladas with modelos and it just brings the whole drink together! My go to beer!
Alexa S.
Modelos are my favorite imported beer. They are great during a bbq or a day at the lake. Very refreshing and good taste.
Jeanette V.
Salinas, CA
Happy Hour Expert Level 2
My holy grail of beers! Crisp refreshing taste! Add a little bit of lime, salt and a dash of Tapatio Hot Sauce and you're ready to go!! If you're looking for a Mexican Beer that's full of flavor then Modelo Especial is for you! Definitely worth a try!
Cristina T.
Redford , MI
A light beer that goes very well with nachos. It's easy to drink and has a very good taste. The package it's also very cute
Cindy S.
Rogers, AR
Goes great along with some salt and lemon. However it's perfect to make those micheladas we all love summer time
Jhanna M.
Marysville, OH
Happy Hour Expert Level 1
I love the taste of the beer it is soft is imported from Mexico and it is really delicious and refreshing 🍻
Luzelvira S.
Doral, FL
This beer conflicts me. As an adjunct it fulfills its mandate. Is it a good beer? It’s okay. It is what it is. Carbonated and flavorless beer. Modelo Negra the black one has better taste.
Lois M.
Fresno
I love a nice cold Modelo Especial when I get home after a long day, so refreshing when you're ready to kick back and relax.
Alyssa F.
Hartford, KY
Do you prefer drinking this from a can or bottle? I have never had it out of a can, but sometimes there are beers I prefer out a can than a bottle. Thoughts?
Amber T.
Eubank, KY
Would you recommend this over Bud light?
Vik Tory A.
Sacramento, CA
Do they have different flavors?
jaqueline r.
Is it true that the bottle and can taste very different
Joanna F.
Is this a very hoppy tasting like an IPA beer?