BY MODELO #6 in Beer

Brewed as a model of what good beer should be, this rich, full-flavored Pilsner-style Lager delivers a crisp, refreshing taste. Well-balanced taste and light hop character with a crisp, clean finish. Modelo Especial is characterized by an orange blossom honey aroma with a hint of herb. Modelo Especial is a beer born with the Fighting Spirit. It’s brewed with time, effort, and determination to create the model Mexican lager. Everyone knows that hard work deserves a fitting reward – a Pilsner-style Lager with a clean, crisp taste. Modelo Especial's Mexican culture is a large part of who we are. Since the first bottle came off the assembly line in 1925, Modelo Especial has been a part of Mexican culture. It's a fixture at major holidays, family celebrations, and friendly get-togethers from Sonora to Chiapas. With the help of talented chefs and bartenders from around the world, we’ve crafted a selection of delicious dishes and beer cocktails that represent the very best flavors of Mexico and beyond.

• Is this a late beer or a heavy?3 Answers
  • Would you recommend this over Bud light?16 Answers
  • Is it true that the bottle and can taste very different5 Answers
  • "Also great for summer time and hanging out on the beach." in 1 review
  • "Great beer I prefer the bottles but this is one of my favorite mexican beers." in 1 review
Tamyres M.
Everett , MA
Water and this beer are almost the same! Their beer is too light. Price is cheap but still a bad option. It was my first and last try. Maybe it’s good for people who like super light beers. I don’t recommend it.
Cinthya S.
Austin, TX
Delicious when chill/cold! Add some salt and lime to top it off. A bbq or party is not the same without some Corona! Such good flavor and great value for the prize! Also, BEST beer to make micheladas for sure!!!
Megan E.
Mission, KS
Decent Mexican beer! I typically buy this in the summer months and always add lime.

You can buy this beer pretty much anywhere that sells popular brands of beer.

Overall satisfied if I am craving something light and reminds me of being on vacation.
🌹🌹🌹mandy s.
Jacksonville
I love a Mexican lager. Modelo is one of my favorites. It tastes yummy and is perfect on the beach. The bottle doesn't fit in many of my coozies though. IThis is better than Corona but not as readily available in my area. Serve with lime and salt.
Jordan G.
Tempe
Dos Equis is my favorite beer and a bar I went to once didn’t have that but they told me Modelo tasted just like it. They were right it is a good dupe for the Dos so if you like Dos then you will enjoy Modelo.
Jessica B.
Homeland, CA
Bomb with some Michelada mix! Or you can buy the cups in the store and pour it in! I love michelada by itself as well. It’s not bad. Definitely a lot better than drinking coots light which we call water haha
jocelyn r.
My favorite beer! I only drink modelo especial out of bottles. The can gives it a weird taste. and it has to be SUPPER COLD! With a lime and salt on the side. I always recommend this to others. It’s my favorite.
Kanisha L.
canton
If there is no corona this is my second go to beer. It actually taste just like corona and is awesome super cold. You can’t go wrong grabbing a couple of these for the party. I love the shape of the bottle.
Cecilia G.
El Paso, TX
I do not care Modelo on it’s own but I do enjoy it mixed in a red beer or a Clamato preparado. It does not have a bad taste or cause the prepared drinks to taste bitter. The taste of the beer is not bitter.
Carolina M.
This is my favorite beer & I always make micheladas it’s this beer , or I just drink it alone with lime I love it . Don’t drink often though because I tend to get bloated lol but otherwise I love this beer
Alyssa F.
Hartford, KY
Do you prefer drinking this from a can or bottle? I have never had it out of a can, but sometimes there are beers I prefer out a can than a bottle. Thoughts?
Amber T.
Eubank, KY
Would you recommend this over Bud light?
Vik Tory A.
Sacramento, CA
Do they have different flavors?
jaqueline r.
Is it true that the bottle and can taste very different
Joanna F.
Is this a very hoppy tasting like an IPA beer?