BY MODELO #8 in Beer

• Is this a late beer or a heavy?3 Answers
  • Has anyone tried this beer and what did you think of it?2 Answers
  • Is this a very hoppy tasting like an IPA beer?5 Answers
Modelo Especial Beer
  • "Great beer I prefer the bottles but this is one of my favorite mexican beers." in 1 review
  • "Also great for summer time and hanging out on the beach." in 1 review
Jimena D.
I currently live in Miami, but I was born and raised in Mexico. The variety of beer we have over there is huge, and it’s being really hard to find my favorite beers from back then. Luckily I found that over here they have Modelo, it’s definitely one of my favorites. It pours with golden color and a white head. Pretty aromatic and the scent matches the fresh taste. Great for barbecues, beach life and is you’re tired of Coronas.
April m.
Lexington, KY
Happy Hour Expert
This beer is up there almost in the same category as Dos Equis for me. It's high quality premium top-of-the-line taste and flavor is like no other. The only reason I've given it 4 stars is because of the effects that me as well as my sister and husband, feel after drinking a few. We usually have a very bloated feeling and sometimes get a headache. At first I thought it was just me but after asking my sister and husband both, they informed me that yes they also feel the same way that's why they only usually drink one and then have a couple of glasses of water to stay hydrated and get rid of those icky feelings. But that goes hand-in-hand with alcohol consumption. Other than that it is a great quality alcoholic beverage.
Phee H.
Bolingbrook, IL
My favorite beer of all time. I’ve definitely tried a lot but this one takes the cake. I buy it repeatedly for parties and special occasions. It’s delicious and refreshing. You can legit buy this anywhere you buy your beer at. I would definitely buy it again as I always do !
Britten D.
Eutawville, SC
Modelo is a great beer for someone who wants to try an imported cerveza but wants something a bit milder than Corona. With or without lime, modelo is delicious and refreshing, with bubbles that are somewhere between beer and champagne. The bottle is also aesthetically pleasing and a nice switch-up from the typical tall and skinny bottles of most other brands.
Bree F.
Happy Hour Expert
This is mine and my girlfriends mother’s favorite beer. We sit there we drink this with some saladitos and Clamato or V-8 :) in a michelada is my favorite way to drink this beer. Soooo amazing!! These beers are even better when they are purchased straight from Mexico and brought across. Absolute amazing Krys taste and great flavor. I love the aftertaste and I love the taste and flavor of this. Is very strong but it is not too overpowering or two overzealous it is absolutely wonderful in a mixed beer mechi!! :)
Dreaa P.
Vallejo, CA
Best beer. We always have the bottle ones at parties because it’s the one that tastes better both by itself and as a michelada. It doesn’t have an awful after taste. Everyone always likes this beer so we rarely have any left overs at a party
JoAnna M.
Birmingham, AL
Happy Hour Expert
Purchased for a Cinco de Mayo gathering at my home. The taste has more direction than the traditional brands beers which I find pretty bland. This beer did not convert me into a beer drinker but I can see why it is loved as an alternative.
Nam R.
Hercules
I’m not a huge beer fan but this is one I actually like. It goes down pretty smooth without too much of a bitter after taste. It also can be paired with your meals without being overbearing and taking over the taste of your actual meal.
Shannen P.
College Station
This is a good beer to sip on the beach. It is crisp, fresh, and a great Mexican style beer to have during the summer. It is affordable and I bought it at Walmart, however I can get it at most places like HEB and Kroger.
Danielle B.
Mayfield, KY
I intentionally bought this to make Micheladas, you know with tomato juice, lemon and all that. I got the recipe for it online and it said to use Modelo Especial so i got to mixing and went to taste it, let me tell u that its a really strong beer. Its so strong over power all the other flavors i mixed into it. I bought it at convenience store and got one of those tall cans for like two dollars so super affordable!!!
Alyssa F.
St Petersburg, FL
Do you prefer drinking this from a can or bottle? I have never had it out of a can, but sometimes there are beers I prefer out a can than a bottle. Thoughts?
Brigette E.
Camby, IN
Is this a light beer?
Joanna F.
Is this a very hoppy tasting like an IPA beer?
Trae A.
Richmond, KY
Is this a late beer or a heavy?
Christina A.
Las Vegas, NV
Happy Hour Expert
Has anyone tried this beer and what did you think of it?