BY MODELO #8 in Beer

Brewed as a model of what good beer should be, this rich, full-flavored Pilsner-style Lager delivers a crisp, refreshing taste. Well-balanced taste and light hop character with a crisp, clean finish. Modelo Especial is characterized by an orange blossom honey aroma with a hint of herb. Modelo Especial is a beer born with the Fighting Spirit. It’s brewed with time, effort, and determination to create the model Mexican lager. Everyone knows that hard work deserves a fitting reward – a Pilsner-style Lager with a clean, crisp taste. Modelo Especial's Mexican culture is a large part of who we are. Since the first bottle came off the assembly line in 1925, Modelo Especial has been a part of Mexican culture. It's a fixture at major holidays, family celebrations, and friendly get-togethers from Sonora to Chiapas. With the help of talented chefs and bartenders from around the world, we’ve crafted a selection of delicious dishes and beer cocktails that represent the very best flavors of Mexico and beyond.

• Is this a late beer or a heavy?3 Answers
  • Would you recommend this over Bud light?16 Answers
  • Is it true that the bottle and can taste very different5 Answers
  • "Also great for summer time and hanging out on the beach." in 1 review
  • "Great beer I prefer the bottles but this is one of my favorite mexican beers." in 1 review
Nicole C.
Sacramento, CA
Purchased at: Walgreens
I honestly don’t know what it is with this beer but I just like it taste really good with some fresh squeezed lemons in it with some salt around the rim it’s not too bitter or too much of a strong beer taste it’s actually really good.
Jessica R.
Lakewood, CA
Modelo is always a good beer and is never a bad idea to bring to a party or to a family event. I haven’t met one person who was disappointed when we showed up with a case of modelos. Typing this is making me crave one!!
Rosie T.
Arleta, CA
One of the best Mexican (commercial) beers there is. I say commercial because this is a beer you can find more often then not at restaurants. There are other great Mexican beers too but they aren’t always available
Yaritsa L.
Yakima
This beer is my all time favorite whenever I get beer I always ask for modelo it has a great taste to it and it taste so good in micheladas add some lime and tajin to this and it’s so good and your all set to go
Tiffany D.
Mobile, AL
Purchased at: Walmart
I do enjoy Modelo. I have had this in the can and the bottle. Depending on my mood depends on how I drink it. If I am at thr beach, I love it ice cold and in the can! If I am unwinding at home I prefer bottled.
Darlyn R.
Perris
Purchased at: Kroger
The modelo especial is a staple in my party because it strong but not too strong that will hit you up quickly. It has a good taste, not too bitter but just about right. With some lemon and salt, I totally recommend it.
Leslie C.
This is great ! I love it by itself or with micheladas I think it’s amazing the taste is perfect especially on a really hot day I think everyone has it at parties and people really enjoy it . Top favorite
Kenya C.
Chula vista, CA
Great taste I love to mix with Clamato for my michelada . Tastes great by it self not so strong and doesn’t leave that alcohol taste. Great refreshing for when a beer is needed after a long day at work
McKenzie Y.
I must say first I am definitely not a beer person, but this one was actually ok. I will drink this one once in a while. It’s not overpowering like some others, it is smooth and easy to drink. This is a Mexican beer and the packaging catches that theme well.
Carly S.
Virginia Bch, VA
Husband really enjoys this beer especially when it’s ice cold. It’s a fair price for the quality of it. He highly recommends drinking it straight from the bottle and not pouring it into a cup.
Alyssa F.
Zionsville, IN
Do you prefer drinking this from a can or bottle? I have never had it out of a can, but sometimes there are beers I prefer out a can than a bottle. Thoughts?
Amber T.
Eubank, KY
Would you recommend this over Bud light?
Vik Tory A.
Sacramento, CA
Do they have different flavors?
jaqueline r.
Is it true that the bottle and can taste very different
Joanna F.
Is this a very hoppy tasting like an IPA beer?