BY MODELO #6 in Beer

Brewed as a model of what good beer should be, this rich, full-flavored Pilsner-style Lager delivers a crisp, refreshing taste. Well-balanced taste and light hop character with a crisp, clean finish. Modelo Especial is characterized by an orange blossom honey aroma with a hint of herb. Modelo Especial is a beer born with the Fighting Spirit. It’s brewed with time, effort, and determination to create the model Mexican lager. Everyone knows that hard work deserves a fitting reward – a Pilsner-style Lager with a clean, crisp taste. Modelo Especial's Mexican culture is a large part of who we are. Since the first bottle came off the assembly line in 1925, Modelo Especial has been a part of Mexican culture. It's a fixture at major holidays, family celebrations, and friendly get-togethers from Sonora to Chiapas. With the help of talented chefs and bartenders from around the world, we’ve crafted a selection of delicious dishes and beer cocktails that represent the very best flavors of Mexico and beyond.

• Is this a late beer or a heavy?3 Answers
  • Would you recommend this over Bud light?16 Answers
  • Is it true that the bottle and can taste very different5 Answers
  • "Also great for summer time and hanging out on the beach." in 1 review
  • "Great beer I prefer the bottles but this is one of my favorite mexican beers." in 1 review
Eboni 🎓.
Pittsburgh
I looveee these i will deff be getting these again it will dehydrate you like crazy though. Im not even the type of person to drink beer but this is one that i can handle. overall they are refreshing and smooth i must admit but i forget how much these particular beers were
April m.
Lexington, KY
Happy Hour Expert Level 1
This beer is up there almost in the same category as Dos Equis for me. It's high quality premium top-of-the-line taste and flavor is like no other. The only reason I've given it 4 stars is because of the effects that me as well as my sister and husband, feel after drinking a few. We usually have a very bloated feeling and sometimes get a headache. At first I thought it was just me but after asking my sister and husband both, they informed me that yes they also feel the same way that's why they only usually drink one and then have a couple of glasses of water to stay hydrated and get rid of those icky feelings. But that goes hand-in-hand with alcohol consumption. Other than that it is a great quality alcoholic beverage.
Nicole Z.
Im not a beer person at all BUT once in a while in the hot summer i love a cold Modelo but i love it especially as a michelada!!! The taste is great! Its smooth and refreshing and not bitter. I definitely recommend
giselle R.
Los Angeles, CA
Modelos are my absolute favorite beer of all time! Also paired so well when making michelladas. It’s so refreshing and so smooth. You also feel a buzz pretty quick with these. Best time to drink it is after it’s been in the freezer for a while for a delicious taste and feel. Anytime I go out for drinks I always make sure I drink a Modelo!
Meghan D.
Whittier, CA
Happy Hour Expert Level 1
This is my fave beer to have when I’m chilling with friends. Pair it with a lime slice or two and I am in heaven! There isn’t a party without Modelo. I like to get their glass bottles because that’s the one that tastes best. I would recommend this product to anyone who is having company or simply wants to relax.
Ivy S.
detroit MI
This is a good beer if you review it to the style. Too many people review this low because they don’t like the style. This is way better than most American made adjunct lagers I’ve tried. Very refreshing, no weird sweetness and you can taste the malt and hops. Highly crushable with some brisket tacos.
Lauren G.
San Jose , CA
I am not a beer drinker by any stretch of the imagination. I’ve tried pretty much any and all there is out there. There is something about Modelo. It tastes so smooth and is easy to acquire the taste. It’s also very refreshing in the heat. Love it!
Michele H.
Ponte Vedra Beach
One of the few beers my husband and I agree on. He likes IPAs, I like lagers, we both love Modelo Especial with a slice of lime. Delicious refreshing taste without being too watery. Our favorite all around beer for kicking back on vacation or on the patio.Modelo Especial
Martha R.
Leominster, MA
I personally don’t prefer beer but I have to say this one is not bad. I’ve had it mixed but also just plain. Perfect for those hot summer days with a little lime and your all set! Again I didn’t give it a higher rating simply because I’m not a beer person but if you are you’ll love it.
Cindy A.
Las Vegas
Yum yum!!! This is the perfect beer for a super ice cold michelada, it’s affordable and tastes amazing! You can pair half of a Can with two shots of Clamato juice, half of a lime squeezed in and sprinkles of Tajin/salt can be used instead on the rim. It’s a repeat buy in my book! ^_^
Alyssa F.
Hartford, KY
Do you prefer drinking this from a can or bottle? I have never had it out of a can, but sometimes there are beers I prefer out a can than a bottle. Thoughts?
Amber T.
Eubank, KY
Would you recommend this over Bud light?
Vik Tory A.
Sacramento, CA
Do they have different flavors?
Brigette E.
Camby, IN
Is this a light beer?
jaqueline r.
Is it true that the bottle and can taste very different