BY MODELO #3 in Beer

Brewed as a model of what good beer should be, this rich, full-flavored Pilsner-style Lager delivers a crisp, refreshing taste. Well-balanced taste and light hop character with a crisp, clean finish. Modelo Especial is characterized by an orange blossom honey aroma with a hint of herb. Modelo Especial is a beer born with the Fighting Spirit. It’s brewed with time, effort, and determination to create the model Mexican lager. Everyone knows that hard work deserves a fitting reward – a Pilsner-style Lager with a clean, crisp taste. Modelo Especial's Mexican culture is a large part of who we are. Since the first bottle came off the assembly line in 1925, Modelo Especial has been a part of Mexican culture. It's a fixture at major holidays, family celebrations, and friendly get-togethers from Sonora to Chiapas. With the help of talented chefs and bartenders from around the world, we’ve crafted a selection of delicious dishes and beer cocktails that represent the very best flavors of Mexico and beyond.

• Is this a late beer or a heavy?3 Answers
  • Would you recommend this over Bud light?16 Answers
  • Is it true that the bottle and can taste very different5 Answers
  • "Also great for summer time and hanging out on the beach." in 1 review
  • "Great beer I prefer the bottles but this is one of my favorite mexican beers." in 1 review
💕AkneeetttA💕 V.
Madera
Everyone, please play, I want to see your answers
* How old are you? 37 * Surgeries: appendectomy and wisdom teeth extraction* Tattoos: 1* Ever hit a deer: no* Rode in an ambulance: no* Sang karaoke: no* Ice skated: Yes* Stayed in hospital: Yes* Skipped school: yes* Last phone call: Husband* Last text from: Husband * Watched someone die: no* Pepsi or Coke: Diet Pepsi* Favorite Pie: Pumpkin* Favorite Pizza: Combination* Favorite cookie: oatmeal, coconut, chocolate chip. *Favorite season: Fall* Broken bones: no* Received a ticket: Yes. * Favorite Color: Red* Sunset or sunrise: Sunrise* Who will play along: I don’t know.
Heather G.
Modelo Especial is crisp, lightly skunky & bitter with a dry after taste, I recommend it with a lime. It brings all the flavors together. It is very affordable and I find the taste more pleasing than others of it's kind. It is one of my favorites after a long day's work.
Anna R.
San Jose, CA
Purchased at: Safeway
Oh my god! I loveeeeee modelo especial!! Especially with some carne asada!! We even use this to cook the meat!! You can’t have a Mexican bbq with out modelo especial! That’s a fact!! You can go to any Mexicans house and they will definitely great you with one of these!
Kaylee K.
New Caney, TX
Purchased at: Costco
I’ve had the brand before and really didn’t care for it. It wasn’t my favorite beer, that’s for sure. If you like a sweet but bitter taste, then this is your beer. I really didn’t like how it kind of tasted like sweet and sour sauce to me.
Nicole C.
Sacramento, CA
Purchased at: Walgreens
I honestly don’t know what it is with this beer but I just like it taste really good with some fresh squeezed lemons in it with some salt around the rim it’s not too bitter or too much of a strong beer taste it’s actually really good.
Savannah M.
Clarksville , TN
Purchased at: Walmart
I’m reviewing this one for my husband as I really only drink specialty beers from tap houses. This is his go to, all time favorite beer. He always throws a lime in the top! This is what he brings to every get together!
Purdylovesmakeup L.
Morgan Hill , CA
Purchased at: Safeway
This is definitely a good thirst quencher, has that light crisp taste to it and it’s delicious especially topped off With some salt and lemon mmmm the best! I definitely do recommend this beer it’s my go to any day
Sarah L.
Happy Hour Expert Level 1
Great light beer! Best when it’s very very cold. I keep them in my fridge and put it in the freezer for 20 min to get the best result. Also great in a michelada but perfect on its own as well. Definitely recommend.
Mariam G.
Highland Park
Purchased at: Walmart
I feel like it's a strong beer , but perfect if you are planning to have a good time and not remember anything the next day. The hangovers are the hardest ones but you'll forget about it on the next party time.
Amelia C.
Purchased at: Target
Not a huge fan of the bottles due to the foil and shape but the beer is good! I do not like the heavier modelo but this is great with lines of course! I recommend this as a go to beer to keep in your fridge!
Alyssa F.
Zionsville, IN
Do you prefer drinking this from a can or bottle? I have never had it out of a can, but sometimes there are beers I prefer out a can than a bottle. Thoughts?
Amber T.
Eubank, KY
Would you recommend this over Bud light?
Vik Tory A.
Sacramento, CA
Do they have different flavors?
jaqueline r.
Is it true that the bottle and can taste very different
Joanna F.
Is this a very hoppy tasting like an IPA beer?