BY MODELO #8 in Beer

• Has anyone tried this beer and what did you think of it?2 Answers
  • Is this a very hoppy tasting like an IPA beer?5 Answers
Reviews (2035)
  • "Also great for summer time and hanging out on the beach." in 1 review
  • "Great beer I prefer the bottles but this is one of my favorite mexican beers." in 1 review
Teresa M.
Happy Hour Expert Level 3
This is one of my go to beers. I honestly don't understand why people don’t like it. It's nothing special but it definitely is not bad. I encourage people to have it in a can if they've only had it in a bottle. It claims to be a pilsner style lager and it taste to me somewhere between your standard macro lager and standard macro pils. It's super clean out of a can. Very clear. Smells very inoffensive. Very slight skunk, but not in a bad way. I think it is the best macro Mexican beer I've had.
April m.
Lexington, KY
Happy Hour Expert Level 1
This beer is up there almost in the same category as Dos Equis for me. It's high quality premium top-of-the-line taste and flavor is like no other. The only reason I've given it 4 stars is because of the effects that me as well as my sister and husband, feel after drinking a few. We usually have a very bloated feeling and sometimes get a headache. At first I thought it was just me but after asking my sister and husband both, they informed me that yes they also feel the same way that's why they only usually drink one and then have a couple of glasses of water to stay hydrated and get rid of those icky feelings. But that goes hand-in-hand with alcohol consumption. Other than that it is a great quality alcoholic beverage.
Kelly H.
Happy Hour Expert Level 1
It's a refreshing in between beer or great on a hot summer day or when you are camping or doing work outside... tastes good. This is one of those kinds of beers that you can drink with anything. Over the rocks is good. I keep mine freezing cold in a beer fridge to maker sure it's extra cold when drinking.inexpensive.
Corinalicia G.
Provo, UT
Modelo I grew up on this bear my grandfather used to drink it and my father drink it and they used to put it in the meat for it to marinate and it tastes amazing and now that I'm older I do the same thing I marinate it with some oranges lemon seasonings and the meat is so tender and juicy and the flavor is outstanding
Yadira G.
East Orange, NJ
Within the past 2 years, my husbands family has started having Modelo Especial beer during get togethers. At first I did not like it as I felt like it had a perfume like after taste. After having it a few times, I found that I no longer noticed the perfume after taste. In addition, the bottle and golden seal add to A luxurious feel.
Renee E.
Fort Wayne, IN
My favorite Mexican beer! Can’t put my finger on why this beer just dominates the other Mexican beers, but I always find myself goin back to it if I stray. Pop that gold wrapped top (how freaking classy is that?!), squeeze in a lime and dash of salt, and prepare for modelo heaven.
Desiree S.
San Antonio, TX
I typically only drink Mexican beers, so Modelo is a good one for me. There’s also Modelo Negro, but I wasn’t a big fan. I prefer this brew. It may just be personal preference, but I like my beer with salt and lime. It’s a pretty good price too - cheaper than other Mexican beers.
Phee H.
Bolingbrook, IL
My favorite beer of all time. I’ve definitely tried a lot but this one takes the cake. I buy it repeatedly for parties and special occasions. It’s delicious and refreshing. You can legit buy this anywhere you buy your beer at. I would definitely buy it again as I always do !
Cecy S.
Hawaiian Gdns, CA
Did someone say michelada??
During the summer, I'll make homemade micheladas with modelo. I prefer it over other beers for it's flavor. Corona seems a bit too light for the michelada.
Modelo seems to give it the right flavor, and tastes really good when it's drank alone.
Albert M.
It’s a great beer. It’s my go to beer for virtually any occasion, weather it’s relaxing at Home barbecuing or out with friends having a cold one, and at the price point you can’t go wrong. All in all I would definitely recommend it to anyone.
Alyssa F.
St Petersburg, FL
Do you prefer drinking this from a can or bottle? I have never had it out of a can, but sometimes there are beers I prefer out a can than a bottle. Thoughts?
Joanna F.
Is this a very hoppy tasting like an IPA beer?
Brigette E.
Camby, IN
Is this a light beer?
Trae A.
Richmond, KY
Is this a late beer or a heavy?
Christina A.
Las Vegas, NV
Happy Hour Expert Level 2
Has anyone tried this beer and what did you think of it?