BY MODELO #6 in Beer

Brewed as a model of what good beer should be, this rich, full-flavored Pilsner-style Lager delivers a crisp, refreshing taste. Well-balanced taste and light hop character with a crisp, clean finish. Modelo Especial is characterized by an orange blossom honey aroma with a hint of herb. Modelo Especial is a beer born with the Fighting Spirit. It’s brewed with time, effort, and determination to create the model Mexican lager. Everyone knows that hard work deserves a fitting reward – a Pilsner-style Lager with a clean, crisp taste. Modelo Especial's Mexican culture is a large part of who we are. Since the first bottle came off the assembly line in 1925, Modelo Especial has been a part of Mexican culture. It's a fixture at major holidays, family celebrations, and friendly get-togethers from Sonora to Chiapas. With the help of talented chefs and bartenders from around the world, we’ve crafted a selection of delicious dishes and beer cocktails that represent the very best flavors of Mexico and beyond.

• Is this a late beer or a heavy?3 Answers
  • Would you recommend this over Bud light?16 Answers
  • Is it true that the bottle and can taste very different5 Answers
  • "Also great for summer time and hanging out on the beach." in 1 review
  • "Great beer I prefer the bottles but this is one of my favorite mexican beers." in 1 review
Eboni 🎓.
Pittsburgh
I looveee these i will deff be getting these again it will dehydrate you like crazy though. Im not even the type of person to drink beer but this is one that i can handle. overall they are refreshing and smooth i must admit but i forget how much these particular beers were
Nicole Z.
Im not a beer person at all BUT once in a while in the hot summer i love a cold Modelo but i love it especially as a michelada!!! The taste is great! Its smooth and refreshing and not bitter. I definitely recommend
giselle R.
Los Angeles, CA
Modelos are my absolute favorite beer of all time! Also paired so well when making michelladas. It’s so refreshing and so smooth. You also feel a buzz pretty quick with these. Best time to drink it is after it’s been in the freezer for a while for a delicious taste and feel. Anytime I go out for drinks I always make sure I drink a Modelo!
Ivy S.
detroit MI
This is a good beer if you review it to the style. Too many people review this low because they don’t like the style. This is way better than most American made adjunct lagers I’ve tried. Very refreshing, no weird sweetness and you can taste the malt and hops. Highly crushable with some brisket tacos.
Michele H.
Ponte Vedra Beach
One of the few beers my husband and I agree on. He likes IPAs, I like lagers, we both love Modelo Especial with a slice of lime. Delicious refreshing taste without being too watery. Our favorite all around beer for kicking back on vacation or on the patio.Modelo Especial
Martha R.
Leominster, MA
I personally don’t prefer beer but I have to say this one is not bad. I’ve had it mixed but also just plain. Perfect for those hot summer days with a little lime and your all set! Again I didn’t give it a higher rating simply because I’m not a beer person but if you are you’ll love it.
Renee E.
Fort Wayne, IN
My favorite Mexican beer! Can’t put my finger on why this beer just dominates the other Mexican beers, but I always find myself goin back to it if I stray. Pop that gold wrapped top (how freaking classy is that?!), squeeze in a lime and dash of salt, and prepare for modelo heaven.
Madeline B.
This drink is bomb for those family barbecues even just to have one for a hot day or a long day as long as it is cold it taste the best I mean who would want to have a warm beer anyways hah but I love these  I don't know if its just a hispanic thing for this brand but my whole family loves them.
Phee H.
Bolingbrook, IL
My favorite beer of all time. I’ve definitely tried a lot but this one takes the cake. I buy it repeatedly for parties and special occasions. It’s delicious and refreshing. You can legit buy this anywhere you buy your beer at. I would definitely buy it again as I always do !
Phalan W.
Tampa, FL
I’m not much of a beer drinker, and I don’t like too much bitterness but this one is pretty refreshing. It reminds me of Corona and it’s pretty cheap at local bars of they have it. If I’m at a place with a bunch of beers and this is an option, I’ll usually go with it.
Alyssa F.
Hartford, KY
Do you prefer drinking this from a can or bottle? I have never had it out of a can, but sometimes there are beers I prefer out a can than a bottle. Thoughts?
Amber T.
Eubank, KY
Would you recommend this over Bud light?
Vik Tory A.
Sacramento, CA
Do they have different flavors?
jaqueline r.
Is it true that the bottle and can taste very different
Joanna F.
Is this a very hoppy tasting like an IPA beer?