BY ROYAL AND LANGNICKEL #18 in Makeup Brush Sets

Create a flawless complexion with the MODA™ Face Perfecting Kit. These dense, ultra-soft brushes apply and blend cream and liquid makeup with minimal absorption, leaving more makeup for application. The unique shapes are designed to fit the contours of your face for optimal blending.

• What are the pros and cons of these as opposed to bristle Brushes?1 Answers
  • I see a couple of people say they found them at walmart , for how...2 Answers
McKayla S.
Whitewater, WI
THESE BLEND BETTER THAN MY BEAUTY BLENDER. I repeat: THESE BLEND BETTER THAN MY BEAUTY BLENDER!!! Every time I went into Walmart and walked by these, I felt like a little part of me was left in the cosmetics department... but then my birthday came and I finally had the funds to get the brushes I couldn't stop thinking about! First, I picked up the Rose set. I don't have to be the one to tell you that this set is absolutely beautiful and who wouldn't want pink brushes in their collection?

Of course, looks aren't everything, and I knew I had to try them with product. I placed some liquid foundation on the largest oval brush and oh. My. Gosh. I have never had to blend my makeup in so little time, with so much ease, and using ONE blending tool. I was so shocked at how great my foundation looked. The very same night I purchased the Rose set, I couldn't stop thinking about the Mermaid set that was right next to it as well, so I stopped at a different Walmart to pick those up as well! They're such a beautiful and fun addition to my makeup collection and I'm glad I purchase them.

There is one thing: one of my larger Rose brushes did stain with the liquid foundation I put on it. I wash my brushes after every use (using  Sigma Beauty Sigmagic Brushampoo, Size One Size - No Color ), but the stain did not come out after three clean-rinse cycles, which does make me sad, but the brush isn't completely ruined. Just a bit darker than the others.
april n.
Forest lake , MN
I LOVE these brushes! First off, they are absolutely gorgeous. They come in two different colors, but of course, I had to choose purple! They’re a gorgeous purple to blue ombré effect brush. The brushes themselves are so so soft and feel amazing against your skin.

Applying makeup, moisturizer, or primer is a breeze with them. They don’t absorb all of the product like I was thinking they would - but they disburse it evenly across your face. I don’t prefer to use it for moisturizer though because it makes the hairs on the brush stick together a little bit too much, so I just use my hands for it.

For primer, I think they definitely help coat your face evenly and it absorbs 10x faster.

And for foundation, it gives you a nice airbrushed look. However, if you are like me and have a nose ring, I would suggest putting your foundation on with your fingers so you nose ring doesn’t get stuck in the brush.

All in all, if you are looking at oval brushes and don’t know where to start - I would definitely highly recommend these ones!
Samantha S.
Bellevue, NE
I'm kinda stoked about these makeup brushes. I have been really wanting to try the "toothbrush" style makeup brushes but didn't really want to spring for an expensive set because lots of people have review this style of brush and not been a fan. These caught my eye at Walmart and they were pretty cheap so I decided to take a chance and I am so glad I did. I do think there is a learning curve to these brushes and I also think the handle (while pretty) could have been made so it doesn't look so cheap. The brush head is packed SO tight and the bristles are super soft. I love putting my foundation on with these! They leave absolutely no brush marks. I have seen no bristle fall out and I have put them through a wash. They are comfortable in the hand and gentle on the face. I am sold on these. *disclaimer: I have not tried any other Brand of toothbrush style brushes*
Brittany D.
Richmond, KY
I bought this set at Walmart because I wanted to see how they worked compared to the Artis brushes. The larger sized one is pretty good at applying foundation but it does leave behind streaks that I have to blend out with a different sponge or brush. There’s two other smaller ones that I like to use to blend out cream or liquid contour or concealer. The only brush I can’t figure out a purpose for is the very smallest one. They’re pretty good for how inexpensive they are.
Melanie S.
Miami Beach, FL
I love Moda brushes! They are super affordable and available at Walmart! I got this set through a promo on Google Express. They were a steal at the price I got them! Regardless, I had never tried round brushes before and these were honestly great! I love the contour one!!! They are all super dense and easy to blend with. They are a little challenging to clean since I dont want to break them so just be careful! Overall I am satisfied and I would recommend these and other Moda Brushes!!
Kali H.
Titusville
I got these brushes from my local Walmart. I used the largest one to apply my foundation. The brush was very rough on my skin. Not very soft, it left my foundation extremely streaky and not much coverage. Then I used the next size down for my concealer. The brush did not blend the product it. It moved it around and lifted my foundation. Left my skin very patchy and not blended. I tried to use the smallest brush for nose contour. This was a mistake. It look off all of the foundation on my nose and did not blend at all. I would NOT recommend spending your money on these brushes. Yes they look cool and look like something to have in your beauty collection but I promise you, they are not worth it!
Rachel H.
I love this brush set! The price is right, and they’re super high quality! The handle is a bit bendy where it gets thin, but I really like that because it keeps me from pressing too hard to bland my makeup in. I haven’t had much use for the smallest brush, but I like the large brush for blending liquid or mousse foundation and the medium one for blending in my concealer. They’re really perfect for blending all over the face, and they’re really soft! Really pretty too.
Xaena C.
Fayetteville , NC
For 16 bucks and with that beautiful appearance these were definitely a must for me to try! I must say I was very impressed. They aren’t perfect, but they did exceed my expectations. There are two drawbacks that I noticed: they drink up a LOT of product. Usually it takes 2-3 pumps of foundation to cover my face, but with these brushes it took like 5. The other drawback would be how flimsy the handles are. When using the biggest brush I couldn’t even hold it by the handle because it felt like it was about to snap off. On the positive side: I have never had such a smooth, light finish on my foundation using any other brush or sponge! The bristles are very dense and soft and blend product out beautifully. I used the biggest one for most of my face, the second biggest one for under my eyes, the third for my contour, and the smallest to contour my nose and they all worked great. The pros definitely outweigh the cons! I would recommend.
Destiny F.
I love Moda brushes! These brushes are dense but super soft. Great for blending! The only con is that the handles are flimsy on the paddle brushes. I love them for applying my foundation and any cream products. The little one is great for getting into all the crevices. You can find the sets pictured at Walmart. I have 3 different sets of brushes from this brand plus other brushes not pictured that I have received through subscription boxes. These are great brushes for great prices! (I'm not sure if you can actually see the full pictures bc it only shows me half of it on my screen but there are 3 sets in one pic)
Marlena T.
Oxford, MA
I have these brushes as well as several other sets of Moda brushes. This set is an absolute steal for the money- ( I think they are $16.84 or $16.88 at Walmart.) You get 4 decent quality oval brushes. They very evenly disburse foundation type products so that you get a beautiful airbrushed look. The bristles are soft and dense which is a major plus for this type of brush. They are not as good as the Artis oval brushes but they cost way less. $17 for 4 brushes vs $60 plus for one brush. The one thing I don't like is that the handles are a little flimsy and flex a little too much-- but even with that these are good brushes, and they look very pretty the ombre color schemes are very nice. I would recommend to beginners or those on a tight budget.
Maria T A.
Where can I buy it?
Brooke R.
Mt Pleasant, IA
Does anyone else find the handle are these are kind of flimsy?
Kristen T.
What is the best way to clean these brushes? I cannot seem to get all the foundation out of my brushes when I clean them.
Jasmine S.
How much ? And is it worth it to get the whole pack or just get one brush
Christina S.
How do you wash your oval brushes and how often?