MLB 11: The Show PS3 by PS3

by PS3

The #1 selling, highest rated baseball franchise is back in MLB® 11 The Show™. Experience new ways to play The Show with the new PURE Analog controls. Team up in all-new co-op play, get called up to the Big Leagues with new and improved Road to the Show features and compete for real world prizes in MLB® The Show's all-new Challenge of the Week.

No one has asked a question yet! Be the first!
+ Ask a question
Start your review of MLB 11: The Show PS3 by PS3!
This is a great game! Great graphics- super realistic- its easy to get lost in the game!! I have played the other MLB games but this one takes the cake! A little pricey but absolutely worth the money if you spend as much time as I do playing it! I would recommend this game!
Batavia, IL
This will be short and sorta sweet- refer to the comments I'll tack on for a much more detailed critique of this game, for those who are interested (ie: serious baseball geeks, like me). This year's version of The Show is again clearly aimed at serious baseball gamers- meaning people with a somewhat fanatical interest in a baseball game that plays out like a real MLB game. Meaning accurate player models/performance, believable gameplay, reasonable statistical outcomes, and most of all, challenging to play. Arcade gamers should look elsewhere- this is clearly a very serious baseball sim- and as for the "fun factor" (many criticize The Show series for this), I'd offer that it will likely be a lot of fun, but only for fans who are looking for a challenging game of video baseball, with all the ups and downs that entails. One guy said it perhaps most succinctly: if you grew up, as I did, playing the heck out of the Strat-O-Matic baseball board game, you will recognize MLB The Show 2011 as the visual representation of what you used to love about that game: real stats from real players, and real baseball game outcomes. And, I might add, outcomes that you have a lot of control over, but NOT complete control. More on that in my comment section. This review will be mostly for people who like to play out a full season vs: the CPU, with their favorite team (single player Franchise mode). I'll mention the other game modes (Road To The Show, Home Run Derby, on-line play, co-op play) only in passing, since I don't use those modes much. I also think it's useful to state one's own background and baseball experience, when offering a critique of this game for others, as what people will/won't like about this game will largely be directly related to that.
Gamer Expert Level 1
My ex used to play this game and so did I but not as much as him. He used to play professionally until an injury. This game is made for serious fans...the type of fan that knows stats, players, teams, etc. So, if you’re a causal gamer, this probably isn’t for you unless your trying to impress someone. Lol.
Love The Show games for PS3. Something that the family can play together. Great replay value, considering it has been played very often. Similar to The Show games compared to keeping it with the teams. Would definitely recommend to other people, especially if they like sports and specifically baseball.
Clayton, IN
Great game. I grew up playing baseball and you get to your fields that actually exist. MLB the show games never disappoint. You can make your own character or play as someone well known to the MLB community. I highly recommend this game to other baseball lovers like me.
Waukesha, WI
One of my first ever PS3 games and I still love MLB The Show. It's just a fun game and I love the different modes that you can play in! Particularly I love that you can have players that haven't made their MLB debut yet. I'd definitely recommend the game to others.
Jefferson Cty, MO
This game is extremely addicting. The price was not bad at all for the quailty of the game! There is so much you can do on it. I really think the graphics are what makes this game so great! I love how you can play music in the background that makes it more fun
I have to say I would much rather be at the gamebut I guess when your not able to this works. This is one of the better baseball games that I have seen. I am still not that impressed with it it and o feel they could have done a little bit better on it.
Saint Louis, MO
My husband turned me onto this game and it's one of my favorites. I have some issues with FPS games and motion sickness, so I love having a game I can play with him with none of these issues. It's challenging but not frustratingly so.
Troy, NY
Fun game to go back to from time to time. I play it just to play something active but don't really get into the whole "team story" aspect of it. When I bought this new it was more expensive but now it can be found relatively cheap. I would recommend to others who like baseball games.