Add a Photo

By MIZON
#41 in Serums

Introducing the Snail Repair Intensive Ampoule—another exiciting formulation featuring our favorite hero ingredients, snail mucin, in a concentrated serum! Formulated with 80% of the ever-famous snail filtrate, this serum has the same properties as Mizon's other snail products, which are valued for helping to reduce the appearance of acne scarring, fine lines, and troubled skin. Packed with other active ingredients like hydrating hyaluronic acid and antioxidant-rich cocoa, this product applies to the skin silky smooth and leaves it feeling revived.

Photos (12)
Vanna L.
Vanna L.
Colorado Spgs, CO

The Mizon Snail Repair Intensive Ampoule is a serum/ampoule that is applied after toning or using a chemical exfoliator during your skincare routine, and claims to promote skin regeneration, aid in anti-wrinkle and moisturizing efforts, and lighten dark spots. Ampoules, serums, and essences are my favorite part of my routine because I get to play around with a bunch of interesting ingredients that aren't always easy to find in retail/department stores. Unlike Western skincare, which offers a lot of all-in-one type "miracle" products and consists of pretty much just cleansing and moisturizing, Asian skincare products are made to tackle individual skin issues, as it's usually impossible to develop a single product that can "do it all", which is where essences, serums, and ampoules come in. This product came packaged in an amber-colored glass bottle with a dropper, and it contains snail mucin just as the Snail Repair Cream does (80%), and there are other notable ingredients as well. Hyaluronic acid (Sodium Hyaluronate), a humectant that attracts and maintains water in the skin, is an ingredient, as well as glycerin, another humectant moisturizer. This little ampoule also contains cocoa extract (Theobroma Cacao) which acts to increase blood flow to the surface of the skin to promote healing and prevent dryness. Also noted are various fruit extracts, which again contain antioxidant properties. This product also has a relatively low number of potential acne triggers/irritants. This product was really smooth and refreshing feeling when applied, and had a texture that was a bit thicker than water. It absorbed incredibly fast. However, it does leave a slightly sticky feeling after being applied. It's best to use this before using a moisturizer, as the humectants need a source to pull moisture from into the skin; without a moisturizer/cream, there will be nothing from which to pull moisture, and it will actually dry out your skin, which nobody wants, right?! After using this for about 7 weeks, I noticed a discernible difference in my PIH. It also really helped to moisturize and plump up my skin, and on the days when I didn't use it (hey, I'm not perfect, okay?) I noticed that my skin was significantly less hydrated. I really like this product, a lot more than the Snail Repair Cream, as it doesn't contribute to any breakouts, and doesn't make my skin feel heavy or congested. I will totally repurchase this, I think it's a great way to get in a little extra moisture for a really good price. The Intensive Ampoule is fragrance-free, so this might work well for anyone sensitive to odors or fragrances in their skincare products. It really helped boost my skin's moisture retention, and I liked that the price was so reasonable. 4-5 drops is enough to cover my entire face, so this will last a good amount of time.
nancy r.
nancy r.
Watsonville, CA

Marissa D.
Marissa D.
Roanoke, VA

This ampoule is a Kbeauty cult classic that has recently been introduced to the US and is one of the most coveted snail products out there. Snail Mucin is great for reducing blemishes and is a wonderful anti-inflammatory for skin. Don't be fooled by this ingredient, it is a very powerful ingredient that has been used for centuries and in no way does it feel or smell like snail mucin. It is concentrated inside of it and has a very clean, fresh scent. The formula is watery almost but is extremely nourishing to skin and absorbs quickly. I like to use this at night time after I wash my face and right before I use a moisturizer. If you have issues with breakouts this will easily help calm any breakout within just a few days. I especially recommend it for people who experience oily skin or sensitive skin as it is gentle and seems to reduce my oilyness even. It brings back a brightness and radiance to skin with continual usage. And just an FYI, ampoule if you've never tried one is a serum like formula that acts as a delivery system for moisture to deeply penetrate skin and helps lock in that moisture to really help reduce any signs of aging while enhancing elasticity production and firmness to skin. Don't be scared, try this miracle ampoule and see what you've been missing out on!
alice b.
alice b.

First off, I am a big fan of korean beauty products.

I have struggled with acne for 10 years... and even though it has gotten better, a I slowly figured out a skin care routine, that doesn't leave my face burning red from the attack on my pimples.

But nothing has managed to clear up my skin, as good as korean beauty product have.

I was especially impressed with the mizon snail repair ampoule!! My skin felt more subtle after use, but the real change came the next morning. My skin was glowing, it was actually bright and skin colored, not red. And besides from my biggest pimple (although smaller), it was clear! Over Night! And so far, the effect is lasting (as I have made the experience, that my skin gets so used to products, after a couple of months, it stops working)

My skin is so good, I dare to go out of the house without make up. And the serum has started to fade the reddish marks I have had for months.

It also keeps my skin hydrated, and I have had very dry, stressed out skin, despite my acne, I had to basically pile on moisturizers, to keep it from peeling.

As for my pores, they are smaller, but I honestly still have visible pores around my nose...

Which is totally fine with me, because my skin has not been this good in years, I am a totally happy customer!!
Jamila M.
Jamila M.
Wewahitchka, FL

Even though this ampoule only has 80% snail mucin (compared to higher percentages in other products) I find that it's still quite an effective product. It heals acne scars, manages sebum production, and improves overall skin texture.

It absorbs relatively quickly but one must be mindful not to use too much. Or else your skin will feel slightly sticky. It is clear, odorless, and lightweight. This is not super hydrating but I have super skin so I always need a little something extra.
The price is great and this is readily available on a number of sites. Always something to keep in mind when shopping for KBeauty products.

Ingredients: Snail Secretion Filtrate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Alcohol, Panthenol, Glycereth-26, Punica Granatum Extract, Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Extract, Carbomer, Triethanolamine, Trehalose, Copper Tripeptide-1, Human Ogliopeptide-1, Palmitoyl Pentapeptide-4, Cornus Officinalis Fruit Extract, Nelumbo Nucifera Flower Extract, Caprylyl Glyocol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Tropolone, Sodium Polyacrylate, Adenosine, Coptis Japonica Extract, Disodium EDTA
Kristine S.
Kristine S.

This contains 80% snail mucin. The helps with acne and repair hyperpigmentation. Although, this serum has helped my skin, it also gave me a small patch of closed comedones. After researching, this needs to have moisture before, or even after, application. Before application would be best. This serum does not have enough, or even lacks, emollients. So it will take some of the moisture from the skin, instead. As long as you hydrate your skin with skin lotion before, its smooth sailing. Other that that, this product is great. This also has a pH level between 4.5-5, so its already closely similar to the skin's pH. This is good, because it will absorb into the skin better. Again, this helps with acne, but does not prevent it, and with hyperpigmentation, including post acne scars. This ampoule helps with the texture of your skin by just a little, but remember to hydrate and moisturize well for it to work at 100%. There is a reason why Mizon's All-In-One Snail Cream is used before the ampoule. Anyway, I Love snails!
Joscelin T.
Joscelin T.

When I read the work snail on the bottle, I was a bit grossed out,. (Not gonna lie) Don't be grossed out! Don't be afraid of it. I prefer to wear heavier serums at night. And this serum is amazing. How amazing? I had a lot of acne and acne scars when I traveled to Thailand before my trip to Jejudo, South Korea where I picked up this serum. It was probably the water or the stress from travel. I picked this up because the lady at the counter, who spoke to me in korean, kept on pushing the product to me. I am not Korean nor do I speak Korean, but I was glad that lady was persistent. It's not a miracle product. You have to use for a while before you can notice the difference. I think it's about 2-3 weeks that I wore the serum before I saw a difference. I didn't breakout as much and my acne scars were significantly lighter. I would say it took almost a month and half to two months for me to feel like my acne scars are gone. Definitely give it a try if you can.
Linds P.
Linds P.
Philadelphia, PA

Okay, so...I didn't want to like this. I really thought the idea that this was made from snail byproducts was disgusting. As a scientist who works with gastropods in a parasitic context, this was a bizarre purchase for me. BUT, that being said, I can honestly say that I loved this stuff! The bottle I ordered from Amazon was on the small size, which was a bit concerning at first...until I realized how little you really need to actually see the moisture. You really get a lot of bang for your buck with this serum. The applicator is an eyedropper-type deal, which was nice. The feeling on my skin right after use was a strange for the first 30 seconds while the moisture gets absorbed, but this goes away very quickly and leaves you with soft, moisturized skin. I have very dry, flaky skin in the winter...this actually fixed it for me. Do yourself a favor and pick up a bottle before the weather gets too bad.
Sandra L.
Sandra L.

I'm a huge fan of Asian beauty products. In fact, almost my entire facial skin care routine consists of Asian skincare. Mizon was one of the first brands I heard about when I was researching products and this ampoule was highly rated. I was a little hesitant to try a product containing snail mucus filtrate but had also learned about its healing and regenerating abilities. The ampoule also contained peptides which can help with rebuilding collagen. I went ahead and purchased the ampoule and dove right in. The first morning after using the product I noticed my skin looked so healthy and bright. I thought maybe it was a placebo effect but morning after morning my skin remained to look so luminous and glowy. I'm not sure if the anti-aging claims are legit since I'd have to use it for a longer period but I can say that I love the way my skin is looking since I've added this ampoule to my routine.
tango r.
tango r.
Los Angeles, CA

So far so good. I have combination skin (dry and sensitive in my cheek area to upper cheek area and oily in my forehead and t zone area). This has not yet broken me out. The feeling is like a gel or kind of like aloe vera. It feels almost like a light serum. If you are into Korean skincare, I would use an essence before this so you can get some moisture in and then follow up with this. I applied a few drops to my hands and then patted the ampoule all over my face. I first started with just a drop on my problem areas (where I have acne scars) just to test it first. I recommend patch testing any product first before applying to your whole face (especially for combination skin people). So, all in all, I am starting to already see a difference in my overall complexion and have only been using for a week. I'll try to update this later.
Jessie A.
Jessie A.
Rosamond, CA

Would you recommend for acne prone skin?
Lindsay S.
Lindsay S.

What is the scent like with this product?
Jennifer T.
Jennifer T.

Anybody use this after a retinol serum? If so did it pair well together?...no reactions from the two together?
Pa Nou T.
Pa Nou T.

Can anyone do a comparison with Mizon snail ampoule vs. Elishcoy snail ampoule? I know that Elishcoy one is more expensive but does Mizon one work as well as Elishcoy?
Vanessa B.
Vanessa B.

Does this help with cell turnover? I have acne and hyper pigmentation and was wondering if this will help calm my acne and fade the marks

Join Now