Add a Photo

By MIZON
#7 in Serums

Introducing the Snail Repair Intensive Ampoule—another exiciting formulation featuring our favorite hero ingredients, snail mucin, in a concentrated serum! Formulated with 80% of the ever-famous snail filtrate, this serum has the same properties as Mizon's other snail products, which are valued for helping to reduce the appearance of acne scarring, fine lines, and troubled skin. Packed with other active ingredients like hydrating hyaluronic acid and antioxidant-rich cocoa, this product applies to the skin silky smooth and leaves it feeling revived.

Photos (22)
Vanna L.
Vanna L.
Colorado Spgs, CO
May 19, 2016, 6:09 a.m.
Review for: Mizon Multi Function Formula Snail Repair Intensive Ampoule
The Mizon Snail Repair Intensive Ampoule is a serum/ampoule that is applied after toning or using a chemical exfoliator during your skincare routine, and claims to promote skin regeneration, aid in anti-wrinkle and moisturizing efforts, and lighten dark spots. Ampoules, serums, and essences are my favorite part of my routine because I get to play around with a bunch of interesting ingredients that aren't always easy to find in retail/department stores. Unlike Western skincare, which offers a lot of all-in-one type "miracle" products and consists of pretty much just cleansing and moisturizing, Asian skincare products are made to tackle individual skin issues, as it's usually impossible to develop a single product that can "do it all", which is where essences, serums, and ampoules come in. This product came packaged in an amber-colored glass bottle with a dropper, and it contains snail mucin just as the Snail Repair Cream does (80%), and there are other notable ingredients as well. Hyaluronic acid (Sodium Hyaluronate), a humectant that attracts and maintains water in the skin, is an ingredient, as well as glycerin, another humectant moisturizer. This little ampoule also contains cocoa extract (Theobroma Cacao) which acts to increase blood flow to the surface of the skin to promote healing and prevent dryness. Also noted are various fruit extracts, which again contain antioxidant properties. This product also has a relatively low number of potential acne triggers/irritants. This product was really smooth and refreshing feeling when applied, and had a texture that was a bit thicker than water. It absorbed incredibly fast. However, it does leave a slightly sticky feeling after being applied. It's best to use this before using a moisturizer, as the humectants need a source to pull moisture from into the skin; without a moisturizer/cream, there will be nothing from which to pull moisture, and it will actually dry out your skin, which nobody wants, right?! After using this for about 7 weeks, I noticed a discernible difference in my PIH. It also really helped to moisturize and plump up my skin, and on the days when I didn't use it (hey, I'm not perfect, okay?) I noticed that my skin was significantly less hydrated. I really like this product, a lot more than the Snail Repair Cream, as it doesn't contribute to any breakouts, and doesn't make my skin feel heavy or congested. I will totally repurchase this, I think it's a great way to get in a little extra moisture for a really good price. The Intensive Ampoule is fragrance-free, so this might work well for anyone sensitive to odors or fragrances in their skincare products. It really helped boost my skin's moisture retention, and I liked that the price was so reasonable. 4-5 drops is enough to cover my entire face, so this will last a good amount of time.
Marissa D.
Marissa D.
Roanoke, VA
June 16, 2016, 6:04 p.m.
Review for: Mizon Multi Function Formula Snail Repair Intensive Ampoule
This ampoule is a Kbeauty cult classic that has recently been introduced to the US and is one of the most coveted snail products out there. Snail Mucin is great for reducing blemishes and is a wonderful anti-inflammatory for skin. Don't be fooled by this ingredient, it is a very powerful ingredient that has been used for centuries and in no way does it feel or smell like snail mucin. It is concentrated inside of it and has a very clean, fresh scent. The formula is watery almost but is extremely nourishing to skin and absorbs quickly. I like to use this at night time after I wash my face and right before I use a moisturizer. If you have issues with breakouts this will easily help calm any breakout within just a few days. I especially recommend it for people who experience oily skin or sensitive skin as it is gentle and seems to reduce my oilyness even. It brings back a brightness and radiance to skin with continual usage. And just an FYI, ampoule if you've never tried one is a serum like formula that acts as a delivery system for moisture to deeply penetrate skin and helps lock in that moisture to really help reduce any signs of aging while enhancing elasticity production and firmness to skin. Don't be scared, try this miracle ampoule and see what you've been missing out on!
April 28, 2016, 2:09 a.m.
Review for: Mizon Multi Function Formula Snail Repair Intensive Ampoule
This contains 80% snail mucin. The helps with acne and repair hyperpigmentation. Although, this serum has helped my skin, it also gave me a small patch of closed comedones. After researching, this needs to have moisture before, or even after, application. Before application would be best. This serum does not have enough, or even lacks, emollients. So it will take some of the moisture from the skin, instead. As long as you hydrate your skin with skin lotion before, its smooth sailing. Other that that, this product is great. This also has a pH level between 4.5-5, so its already closely similar to the skin's pH. This is good, because it will absorb into the skin better. Again, this helps with acne, but does not prevent it, and with hyperpigmentation, including post acne scars. This ampoule helps with the texture of your skin by just a little, but remember to hydrate and moisturize well for it to work at 100%. There is a reason why Mizon's All-In-One Snail Cream is used before the ampoule. Anyway, I Love snails!
Joscelin T.
Joscelin T.
June 14, 2016, 12:41 p.m.
Review for: Mizon Multi Function Formula Snail Repair Intensive Ampoule
When I read the work snail on the bottle, I was a bit grossed out,. (Not gonna lie) Don't be grossed out! Don't be afraid of it. I prefer to wear heavier serums at night. And this serum is amazing. How amazing? I had a lot of acne and acne scars when I traveled to Thailand before my trip to Jejudo, South Korea where I picked up this serum. It was probably the water or the stress from travel. I picked this up because the lady at the counter, who spoke to me in korean, kept on pushing the product to me. I am not Korean nor do I speak Korean, but I was glad that lady was persistent. It's not a miracle product. You have to use for a while before you can notice the difference. I think it's about 2-3 weeks that I wore the serum before I saw a difference. I didn't breakout as much and my acne scars were significantly lighter. I would say it took almost a month and half to two months for me to feel like my acne scars are gone. Definitely give it a try if you can.
Sandra L.
Sandra L.
Aug. 4, 2016, 5:19 p.m.
Review for: Mizon Multi Function Formula Snail Repair Intensive Ampoule
I'm a huge fan of Asian beauty products. In fact, almost my entire facial skin care routine consists of Asian skincare. Mizon was one of the first brands I heard about when I was researching products and this ampoule was highly rated. I was a little hesitant to try a product containing snail mucus filtrate but had also learned about its healing and regenerating abilities. The ampoule also contained peptides which can help with rebuilding collagen. I went ahead and purchased the ampoule and dove right in. The first morning after using the product I noticed my skin looked so healthy and bright. I thought maybe it was a placebo effect but morning after morning my skin remained to look so luminous and glowy. I'm not sure if the anti-aging claims are legit since I'd have to use it for a longer period but I can say that I love the way my skin is looking since I've added this ampoule to my routine.
tango r.
tango r.
Los Angeles, CA
April 4, 2016, 4:18 p.m.
Review for: Mizon Multi Function Formula Snail Repair Intensive Ampoule
So far so good. I have combination skin (dry and sensitive in my cheek area to upper cheek area and oily in my forehead and t zone area). This has not yet broken me out. The feeling is like a gel or kind of like aloe vera. It feels almost like a light serum. If you are into Korean skincare, I would use an essence before this so you can get some moisture in and then follow up with this. I applied a few drops to my hands and then patted the ampoule all over my face. I first started with just a drop on my problem areas (where I have acne scars) just to test it first. I recommend patch testing any product first before applying to your whole face (especially for combination skin people). So, all in all, I am starting to already see a difference in my overall complexion and have only been using for a week. I'll try to update this later.
Logan l.
Logan l.
Beauty Junkie Expert
May 24, 2016, 11:46 p.m.
Review for: Mizon Multi Function Formula Snail Repair Intensive Ampoule
I really love this product! I purchased it on amazon for a really great price for the quality and quantity. I always layer this with my Cosrx blackhead power liquid, skin food peach sake emulsion, benton snail bee essence, mizon snail eye cream and benton snail steam cream. It doesn't really have much of a scent for those with sensitivities. I'm almost done with my first bottle and it's taken me about six months of fairly continuous use (I try to use it every day). I will repurchase this after I try a few of the other ampoules from the mizon range. I will say it's a little difficult to get the last bit out of the bottle but I'm guessing that's how it is with most products in glass jars are like.
Jessica R.
Jessica R.
Mchenry, Il
July 31, 2016, 11:48 a.m.
Review for: Mizon Multi Function Formula Snail Repair Intensive Ampoule
Absolutely amazing! It's all you need in one bottle! If you are looking for a product that helps you with anti-aging, lift, tightening, help with fine lines and wrinkles, illuminating and healthier skin this is exactly what you need! Mizons Snail Repair Ampoule has made my skin more elastic, healthier looking and has completely removed my crows feet! I learned about this "secret" from my best friend. I hadn't seen her in almost a year and couldn't believe how much more youthful and healthier she had looked. It was all because of this! Now that she shared her secret with me, I make sure to highly recommend this to everyone I see! Even strangers that are shopping for other similar products.
Jennifer T.
Been using this for a bit now and I honestly love it. I was really nervous about it but I figured it was at such a good price and had so many good reviews, that it was worth the risk! I don't think it has much of a smell which is great, but it does take a bit to get over the thick slimy texture. Luckily it absorbs pretty quickly. I use this is the morning after my toner and in the evening after my PTR retinol night serum. I really feel like it's helping with my pores, smoothness of my skin/uneven skin tone as well as keeping break outs at bay! This is really great and worth a try! (Make sure you still use a moisturizer after this though bc it is not used primarily as a moisturizer!)
Gaby R.
Gaby R.
Turlock, CA
June 10, 2016, 9:54 a.m.
Review for: Mizon Multi Function Formula Snail Repair Intensive Ampoule
This has become my holy grail and I'm seriously so happy I've found this product! I was introduced to Korean Products about 3 years ago and I'm honestly never looking back! For anyone that needs a good skin regimen I HIGHLY recommend you to use Korean skin care products, you will not regret it! When I first saw Mizon and Laneige products available at American stores I was ecstatic because now the Western world could try these amazing products from Korea. I highly recommend this serum. I put this on day and night and I, as well as other reviewers, have seen quick and amazing results! Please, believe me when I say that Korean products are the next big thing!!!
Jessie A.
Jessie A.
Rosamond, CA
Would you recommend for acne prone skin?
Lindsay S.
Lindsay S.
What is the scent like with this product?
Stephanie C.
Stephanie C.
When are you supposed to put this on? I know after cleansing, but before a toner or after....? Or what...I get confused with all the different "steps".
Frankie P.
Frankie P.
I've heard a lot of great things about this product but does it clog your pores? I have super sensitive skin and I don't want anything that's going to make me break out.
Jennifer T.
Anybody use this after a retinol serum? If so did it pair well together?...no reactions from the two together?