Mixed Chicks  Leave In Hair Conditioner
3 colors available

Mixed Chicks Leave In Hair Conditioner

BY MIXED CHICKS #48 in Conditioner

Tame your kinks and make your hair look brilliant! Leave-in conditioner from mixed chicks will help define your curls and give your hair radiance. Use it regularly to help keep frizz under control and add moisture to give your hair a healthy and natural look. see more...

• How does this work as a leave in conditioner for wash-n-go's?7 Answers
Sybil W.
Sybil W.
La Place, LA
Beauty Junkie Expert
First off, I just want to say that Mixed Chicks products are designed to be used by curlies of all ethnicities. Second, for some curlies, they will be able to get away with using this as their stand alone styler while others will definitely need to pair it with something else.

I happen to have naturally curly hair that is fine textured and is of low density as well. I do use this product on and off, whenever desired. Now, I happen to have a loose curl pattern, so I can get away with using this oroduct alone in my hair as a styler. I will admit that the smell is one that is of a musky, type of perfumey scent. For a product that was created by two females, you would think that they would have gone for a totally different scent, one that a lot of females happen to love smelling, but for some reason they didn't. Which is why, some people may not really care for the scent at all. I do my best to tolerate it, even though I am honestly not very found of it. This product only defines the natural curl pattern that I already have, as it doesn't make my curls look smoother, and it is not a product that provides a lot of çurl elongation. Because even though my hair is mid back length with thus stuff in it, I do notice noticeable shrinkage with thus product, moreso than with others that I have in my haircare stash. Also, this product is on the expensive side, which is why, I highly recommend buying it from a place that you can get your money back, in case you don't happen to like it.

I do think that this product is a pretty decent one, but I just don't consider it be a staple for my curls.
Wendy C.
Wendy C.
Beauty Junkie Expert
This is a must have HG leave in for me!!!!

Two years ago this April I decided to embrace my naturally curly hair after years of heat straightening. My hair is color treated,naturally spiral curly hair 3b mixed with a few 3a & 3c's....after shampooing & conditioning my hair I section my hair and apply this while super wet from roots to ends then apply my other styling prodicts......This leave in is light weight & for me it works amazing!! I get defined,frizz free curls!!!

The scent is ok its light....after using this my hair never feels dried out.

I will say though that $19.99 for a 10oz bottle is pricey so shop around!! I found a great deal online for a liter bottle so its definitely worth it to me!!

(During the past 2yrs I've used other leave ins but kept coming back to this!! I sometimes alternate and also use the Shea Moisture JBCO leave in as well)
Kayla B.
Kayla B.
Brooklyn, NY
This product seems to work for a lot of people, I personally do not see the hype around it. I purchased mine from walmart, the amount you have for the price you pay seems to be a little in comparison, but a little goes a long way with this product, and it lasts a pretty long time. I have only ever used this product with another product, like a gel or a cream. I have "S" shaped curls that sometimes coil at the ends. This was not the product for me, I am going to attempt to use just the leave in alone and see how that turns out. It does not leave my hair moisturized and not too defined... If my results change I will come back and revise my review, but from the times I have used this stuff I was not impressed.
Angela L.
Angela L.
Freeport
I was really excited to try this product after seeing it just about everywhere. I bought mine at a beauty supply store a while ago and it has lasted but I have to say the smell is horrendous! I absolutely hate it. It doesn't smell fresh or clean. I have to usually put something else in my hair to try and camouflage the smell. I don't know what the smell is maybe some people like it but it absolutely makes me sick. I have gotten a lot of compliments on my hair while using this so that's why I continue to but I don't think I'll be buying it again because I'd rather smell good than pay the money for a product I find stinky. It smells so bad.
Anais H.
Anais H.
Muncie, IN
So I've been hearing about this leave-in for some years now, mostly good reviews. I always wanted to try it for myself but would always talk myself out of it because of the price. One day I finally decided to take the plunge and try this product & it's safe to say I don't regret it! I've been using it for a few weeks now and it's kept my hair pretty moisturized! Also I love that I can use it on its on when I don't feel like layering on a bunch of products! I gave this leave-in four stars because I haven't even used half of it yet, but at this rate I'm sure it'll deserve all five stars by the time I'm done with it!
Rebekah F.
Rebekah F.
Before spending all of your paycheck on the full-sized product, try the sample size (Minus one star for price.) Every time I have used it, it has made my hair look and feel great! Quality = awesome! However, it is full of silicones, which makes me hesitant to use this on a daily basis (and all over my hair) since the majority of silicones leads to build up. Definitely best to use this on the very ends of your hair if you want to use it regularly, not only to save money, but also slow down build up. Would definitely recommend, though!
dunia a.
dunia a.
Brooklyn, NY
I bought the travel size to just try i always end up with a bottle of something I'm not gonna use so that was the first thing i liked. i applied it to my hair after i did an oil mask while it was wet . i slept and woke up with my hair in perfect curls!!! Then i used it on my girl. She wants her hair out all the time but i can't tame the frizz.i tried this and it worked wonderfully. It didn't last all day but long enough for her to feel like star.
Mary R.
Mary R.
Seattle, WA
There are better leave ins out there for around the same price from Curls, Shea Moisture, etc. I find that even when I use this fresh out of the shower on damp hair-it makes my curls look a little...stringy and less defined than they are otherwise. I am also not a huge fan of the smell or the sticky consistency (that is also left in my hair) and this does nothing for my frizz.
Courtnie B.
Courtnie B.
Deerfield, MA
I used to work in a salon selling product so I can really tell you that this is amazing! Hands down my favorite thing to sell to my clients! It is a little pricey but you have to use so little that it's really worth it! I had hair down to my hips and I only used about two quarter sized blobs of product. The scent isn't overpowering and it's great on any kind of curls!
Precious J.
Precious J.
Beauty Junkie Expert
This leave in conditioner did not work for my curls. I expect it to work because of how expensive it was for a small bottle but it didn't. It claimes to leave your curls feeling moisturized and defined but my curls was left dry with lots of frizz. Also, this product smells to much like a body lotion and a perfume which may explain why my curls were dry.
Scarlett S.
Scarlett S.
Does this really detangle your hair??
Cynira C.
Cynira C.
Valley Stream, NY
How does this work as a leave in conditioner for wash-n-go's?
Chakeya G.
Chakeya G.
San Pedro, CA
I heard this product makes the hair really greasy. Is this true?
Tuss S.
Tuss S.
Riverside, CA
How do you use your mixed chicks?
Charlene L.
Charlene L.
Bronx, NY
Is this brand better then Kinky Curly products?