Missha BB Cream

• Does this cause breakouts? 3 Answers
  • Is this product good for oily skin?1 Answers
Missha  BB Cream
Missha BB Cream
  • "I was really excited when the #27 came out, it's actually the perfect shade for me since I've never been able to find anything else that'll match my skin tone in the stores." in 48 reviews
  • "It has pretty good coverage for a BB Cream, doesn't break me out, and works on my skin when it gets dryer in the winter." in 17 reviews
  • "Great coverage, evens out skin tone too- I find that applying it with a stipple brush looks much better, and once set, gives a dewy look." in 17 reviews
  • "this is the perfect shade for me but i think is bad for oily skin because its so sticky in my face and make me look greasy like one hour after y applied it.. :( " in 17 reviews
  • "In all honesty, the best bb creams are from Korean brands, and amongst those, Missha's Perfect Cover line is the best for fair skin, in my humble opinion." in 17 reviews
Jhericca J.
Jhericca J.
Dallas, TX
Beauty Junkie Expert
Missha M is one of the original Korean brands that began the BB cream trend. I bought this BB during a visit to a Missha store, in the nearby Korean district. I purchased it on sale for about $20. Since I knew that they probably wouldn't have my skin tone, I got the darkest shade available which is #31. The color oxidizes after about 5 minutes or so.

I love the packaging of the Missha M cream. It goes on fairly smooth and is a little sticky, which makes it an excellent primer. As a matter of fact, after reading the bottle itself, I learned that the creators strongly urge users to wear powder with the BB. Unfortunately, I HAD to use powder with it, but more on that later.

Missha's BB has an SPF of 42. I thought that was a really random number, but so far that is the highest SPF I've ever seen in a BB cream. A little goes a very long way with the Missha cream. I wouldn't use more than a single pump per use. Most times, I only used half a pump.

The glaring issue with this BB cream (besides the fact that I used too much in this review, haha) was the color. If the Missha cream had come in just one shade darker, I think I would have been much happier with it. As I stated previously, however, I knew that was to be expected, since the product comes directly from South Korea, where POC are much more in the minority.

Still, I figured I'd used the product up. I know I have to wear it with powder because of how light it is. After application, it gave me an ashen tone, which again -- I pretty much expected. The color distinction is extremely noticeable. I look like a ghost, <_< A sad, sad ghost.

I do not recommend the Missha M BB for dark skinned people, unless you're willing to wear powder every day.
Alleigh H.
Alleigh H.
Oklahoma City, OK
This BB cream has a beautiful coverage if applied correctly with way a BB cream is supposed to be applied (with your fingertips.) I would call this a full coverage makeup that can be applied as thick or thinly as needed. It does have a frangrance that smells lovely and surprisingly does not aggravate my sensitive skin. I have used this BB cream off and on for the past few years and always go back to it. It is great in the winter time as it keeps your skin moisturized and protected from the wind. It also works great in the summer because it does not melt off and will stay in place all day long. Did I mention it has great coverage! I have not had any issues with this breaking my skin out or clogging my pores. You must have a good skin cleaning routine though. Since ANY long staying makeup can be hard to remove a good wash and toner is a must. When applying a true BB cream it is best to apply a pea size amount of the product to the back of your non-dominate hand. Use your dominant hand and gently pat the BB cream on the back of your hand. Use the product that has accumulated on your dominant hands fingertips and PAT gently on your face working in small areas until applied to the entire face. This method of application cuts down on product waste and creates a smooth and flawless finish without makeup lines and will help to prevent caking on makeup (which is never a good look.)
Raychell E.
Raychell E.
Oakley, MI
I first stumbled upon this a few years ago when the whole BB Cream trend was blowing up. It was the first BB Cream I've ever purchased, and now it's the only one I'll buy! I'm so excited they have started selling this brand at Target. For the price, it's excellent. A little goes a long way, and the whole tube lasts a good 3-4 months for me (even with everyday use). I have a light-medium warm skin tone, and I use No. 27. I have an oily complexion, so I realized it's best to use this product without a moisturizer since this product itself already has moisturizing features. When I'm in a rush, I'll apply it with my hands. Otherwise, I use my urban decay blurring brush to apply it. It goes on smoothly and effortlessly, and it has just the right amount of coverage without being too heavy.

It's also made in Korea too, so you know it's good quality stuff. Definitely recommend this to people who are looking for a better BB Cream
Winifred T.
Winifred T.
Sioux Falls, SD
I’ve been hearing about BB creams forever, and finally decided to take the plunge, as I recently ran out of foundation and figured that I’d give it a try. I have a friend who raves on and on about how Missha’s BB cream is in fact, a miracle product, and knowing I can get that sweet sweet free shipping from my Amazon Prime membership, I decided to give it a chance. When I first put the cream on, my skin looked a little bit strange and discolored, but after about 30 minutes it looked absolutely great and blended my complexion perfectly. It moisturized my skin, and I hadn’t even realized it but my skin was really uneven before putting it on, because I noticed how uniform the colors of my skin looked after I put it on. The only thing I will say, is that BB cream feels a bit more heavy duty than the bare essentials powder I was using before, so I’ve had to up my skin care regimen
Connie S.
Connie S.
Sealy, TX

This Korean BB cream is so much better than its American counterparts! On my normal to combination skin, it never looks oily or too dry. It has a dewy finish, but is never oily. Also, it has never broken me out. It is best applied with your fingers or a sponge; I feel brushes make it look streaky.

It provides more coverage than typical American BB creams, which often have coverage similar to a tinted moisturizer. This BB cream provides light to medium coverage. The wear time is about 5-6 hours without touch ups, which is average. I find powdering makes the wear time a little longer.

Regarding the shade, I have very pale skin with neutral undertones. I often have a hard time finding foundations pale enough for me, and if I do they are often too pink! No. 13 suits my skin shade perfectly.

The only drawback of this product is its limited shade offerings for deeper skin tones.
Julia S.
Julia S.
kansas city, MO
Beauty Junkie Expert
This is definitely a great bb cream, especially for the price! it feels thick and creamy. it provides pretty good coverage too. it isn't amazing for oil control, but it's definitely not the worst either. i don't blot throughout the day or anything. also, it does tend to set into fine lines. i use a setting powder after doing my bb cream and concealer, and then a setting spray after doing the rest of my face,and it still creases a bit. i have the shade 21 and it's a little gray toned, so i would recommend it more strongly to those w cool toned skin. all in all it is one of the better bb creams I've used, especially at the price, but it does have its drawbacks as well. i would recommend it and say its worth a try though.
Loretta P.
Loretta P.
Roseville, CA
I have been using Missha BB Cream for 3 years..I love it...I get a lot of compliments on my skin...I use it as a foundation..WHen I first put it on it is not a true match to my complexion but after a few minutes it matches my skin perfectly!!! It has so many great ingredients..It also give me great sun protection....There is not a lot of choices in colors but I can wear a #21 or #23...sometime I mix them together...I am between a light medium cool complexion..I always keep backups...I order mine on ebay or amazon..It takes quite a long time to get it as I try to order from a Korean company...That way I feel I am getting the real thing...I pay anywhere from $11 to $14..I think it is a wonderful product..Love it!!!...
Laura P.
Laura P.
Medley, FL
Beauty Junkie Expert
Missha's Perfect Cover is the best BBCream I've ever tried and I swear by it.

Its application is so smooth, not streaky or patchy at all, lasts perfectly put on my skin all day (My skin is dry), the coverage is high, at least for me, it leaves the skin perfectly even, and I have a few acne scars all over, its fragrance is pleasant and not too strong and it does WONDERS to the skin when it cmes to repairing and controlling its state. I've used this BBCream for a long time and it has been the best complement for all of my skin care. My skin is acne prone and this product has never made me break out or oily at all.

The ingredients in this product really do help the skin beyond just a great coverage and finish.
Mylinh V.
Mylinh V.
I've been using this BB cream (no. 23) for the past 4 years and I absolutely loveee it. I have combination skin so I break out pretty easily but once I switched to this, no more breakouts! I usually have my mom buy it for me at Duty Free stores at the airport when she's in Korea so I tend to stock up. Also, I've noticed that the more I use this cream, the softer and smoothr my skin got too! The only reason I give this 4/5 stars is that the color doesn't match me perfectly. It's a little too white with a peachy undertone but the next color up is a little too dark. So I usually mix it 3 parts of Misha with 1 part of my SmashBox BB cream and that makes the shade perfect :)
O K.
O K.
I reached out for this BB cream when I first got into Asian beauty. Some of the pros I encountered were that it offered a semi-matte finish (on combination skin), a medium buildable coverage (without getting cakey), and a high SPF of 42PA+++. However some of the cons for me involved a very limited staying power (considering I have combination oily skin) and the oiliness starting to show at around the 2 hour mark. The shade range of this product was also not too broad as there are only 5 shades available, and most if not all run quite grayish and pink for me. I would only recommend this bb cream to those with a pink undertone skin, and those that have a dryer skin type.
Rebecca W.
Rebecca W.
Atlanta, GA
Is BB Cream really any different that a tinted moisturizer?
julie m.
julie m.
Reidsville, NC
Where can you buy this
Judy X.
Judy X.
Rock Hill, SC
Is it light and is it easy to blend on the face?
Sabrina M.
Sabrina M.
CORONA, CA
Any other BB Cream compairs to this BB Cream ?
Mimi K.
Mimi K.
Fresno, CA
Does it wipe off easily?