Add a Photo

0g trans fat.
Cholesterol free.
Gluten free.
Minute?? Brand.
Instant. Enriched. Long grain.
White rice.
Cooks in 5 minutes.
Photos (2)
Eileen T.
Eileen T.
Pittsburgh

Rice should be easy to prepare, but the uncooked, 50 minute rice is far from idiot-proof. Most people in the know have rice cookers, dedicated machines from Asia that are virtually idiot-proof. For the casual home cook like me, using only a boiling water open pot, a little help would be welcome.

Par-boiled rice(15 minute) and pre-boiled(instant) are the two alternatives. 15 minute is probably the best compromise in quality and taste, as well as price. Instant rice can be too expensive or too compromised in flavor, since it is fully cooked and then dehydrated.

As instant rice goes, Minute Rice is the standard and has been so since its creation years ago. If you follow the simple instructions, it's not only foolproof but quick and easy.

I got this because of the brand, the quality, and the price. Frankly, I would've preferred the brown rice which is also in instant form or parboiled, but brown was not offered at an affordable price
Lea V.
Lea V.
Philadelphia, PA

Minute rice is the best!!!!!! I love this rice so much! I used to buy bags of rice ( cause it was cheap) but you had to cook it forever & constantly stir it, ughhhhh what a pain & sometimes it was mushy! But once I bought minute rice~ I'll NEVER use another rice. It cooks perfect & fast! And washing the bowl is a breeze! Love, Love, Love it!!!
Jill N.
Jill N.
Laurel, MD

I used to really like this and use it all the time. But then I learned that you can cook regular white rice in about 20 minutes, and that tastes so much better! Minute Rice just often turns to mush and tastes kind of "off" to me. But, if you need rice fast, it works!
LEAR30968 | ADRIANA RIVAS R.
LEAR30968 | ADRIANA RIVAS R.

This size package is hard/impossible to find at retail -- so even though it's not the cheapest price, the large size packaging makes this attractive to me. It came fast (even earlier than I had expected) and was exactly as advertised :D I just love Minute Rice
Emily T.
Emily T.

I love how convenient this rice is. If I am trying to cook dinner quickly, I can make this rice to go with almost anything. My favorite is stir-fry. I'm also guilty of cooking this rice and just adding a bit of sugar to it. It's amazing!
Mirna D.
Mirna D.
Lawrence Twp, NJ

I just recently found this rice and it is so good. Instead of waiting a long time to cook regular rice I buy this and it is ready in no time, literally. Love this.
Jacky M.
Jacky M.
Bountiful, UT

Nice that it cooks so quick, but can either end up too dry and crunchy or too gooey/gummy. Its easy to make when you're in a pinch, but not my favorite.
Marvie R.
Marvie R.

Fast, simple, easy. I use this rice for my creamy rice &broccoli casserole. I make it every year for Thanksgiving. I love it. Definitely recommend it.
Tonya T.
Tonya T.
Monroe, GA

Hate it. It never comes out the right consistency no matter how I cook it. Regular jasmine or long white rice in a rice cooker is better any day!
Patricia W.
Patricia W.
Berkeley Spgs, WV

I use it because it is easy to make for dinner. the rice goes with about everything .I would continue to use and buy it.

Join Now