BY MINT #18 in Apps

• Do you find this to be a useful tool in helping with budg...3 Answers
  • Do you really feel like you saved money after using this ...4 Answers
Pamela K.
westpoint, TN
 this website/app is a decent tool for helping you to set up and maintain your household budget. I like that you can connect your account and set up budgeting categories and sort your transactions into those categories. You can also set up goals for accounts that you have such a savings. you can also set up budgets with in the app so that it can notify you when you are spending too much money in one category. The one thing I don't like is when you connect your account it usually lags a couple of days with putting in your transactions and anything pending will not show up on the app so it can make it a little troublesome for maintaining everything seamlessly. however overall it does give you something and allows you to have a starting point for a decent budgeting tool I just don't think it is efficient to be a completely stand-alone item
6lue G.
Phoenix
Great product keep your information updated keep yourself consistently aware when you will really see a difference in a multitude of things this is a wonderful app for helping you stay disciplined and consistent if those are things that are a little difficult for you to do on your own as well as the organization and structure of the app allows for it to be user-friendly in semi excitable keeping your attention focused on the things that matter and helping you learn a few things that you possibly didn't know good tips and hints at how to progress forward financially intern having massive steps of progression and that check list of goals
Nicole G.
I first tried the Mint app a few years ago when I opened my first bank account. Worked well, but after a few months I couldn't use it due to Chase Bank security updates (which I didn't mind - I'd rather err on the side of security and check my budget by hand, even if it wasn't the most convenient way of doing it). Now that I can use it again, it's been very helpful for tracking my bills, credit cards, bank account, spending, debt, and savings goals. The mobile app doesn't let you change an uncategorized item to always be the same type of transaction (entertainment, travel, etc.) from a certain vendor; you have to change each item individually. But you can mass-edit those and have everything automatically be categorized as a certain type of spending on all future purchases from that vendor on the desktop website. It's a pain to edit all the uncategorized spending types, but once you set it up it's great. If you're trying to have a budget (or simply wondering "where does a marketing my money keep going?"), it let's you set up your budget for each type of spending during the month (gas, food, medications, entertainment, etc.) and outlines your spending habits for the month so you can see where you can cut back.
Marissa C.
Kaimuki
Mint has been highly recommended in several financial news articles but it just wasn’t for me. It’s okay to just track expenses but if you want more detail on what you’re spending, it takes a lot more work. I had to go in daily to apply categories since it doesn’t learn from previous entries. I also had to change the dates on everything because it uses the date posted, not the date purchased. Plus any cash transactions have to be manually entered. While Mint is touted as easy because expenditures are automatically loaded from your accounts, I found it to be cumbersome and stopped checking it after about six months.
Dani M.
Orlando, FL
Techie Expert Level 1
Mint is a website and app for keeping track of your finances. From balances to budgets, there's a lot you can do. My issue is constantly having to update account information on certain accounts in order to keep them properly synced. It's frustrating to have to sign in to a credit card account every time I log on to Mint to be able to get the most accurate information. Also, it doesn't do the best job at accurately categorizing transactions. A lot of the time i will have to manually go in and change a transaction type in order to keep my budget accurate. The app is good in theory, it just needs a lot more fine tuning to be easy to use.
Eliose L.
Union City, CA
Techie Expert Level 3
This is a good app for beginners who want to track their finances. I used this app for a few months, but couldn't get myself to use it properly. Every spending is mapped out on a pie chart, but you have to adjust some purchases if they categorize some of them wrong. If you shop a lot at different online stores then the sorting can become wonky. I had to reorganize a lot of my purchases when I realized that I wasn't getting the real big picture. If you're starting out, this would be a good app to track your finances, but branch out once you get the hang of it.
Eva P.
Medford MA
At some point I decided I needed an app to help me with my budget and Mint had one of the best reviews. I have used it for a few years now and I am still discovering new options and ways to use it . I recently used it to see my expenses into categories and to calculate my potential rewards for using different cash back and travel credit cards. It gives you beautiful charts and graphics to see your spending , income , overall value , credit score and much much more. I tried other highly rated apps but I quickly decided to discard them all in favor of Mint!
Mariya P.
Germantown, TN
Techie Expert Level 2
I have tried this app multiple times and kind of never liked it fully but it did help me with managing my money better. i guess what i didnt like about it at first was that it had some glitches at first like it wont let me make my payments and i would get frustrated, i gave it a try again and the next time i did my bank app started to offer a budgeting perk and i started using that on my bank app and it was so much easier from bank app, just because i knew i didn't have to link my bank account with something else and it was all at one deal i felt better and i loved the way my bank app helped me budget , it gave me tips it notified me when im getting close to certain budgeting levels and i just still enjoy it, if my bank account didn't offer that i would still probably use mint though..
Jessica T.
San Diego, CA
I love this app! At first, I was a bit intimidated since I was fresh outta college with absolutely no idea how to budget, but mint made it super easy!

My recommendation is to not create too many categories for your budget and just to keep it simple. I use fixed expenses, personal expenses, and savings/loans. I connected all of my accounts to the app and just categorize all of my transactions into one of those 3 categories as I go!

Mint makes keeping track of finances and staying within budget super easy! I absolutely recommend this app to everyone!
Cassaundra G.
Apple Valley , MN
Techie Expert Level 1
Great way to track all of my bills, my spending habits and even my credit score. I receive notifications when a due date for my bills is coming up, when there’s a large purchase made on my credit cards and checking account, and when there is a low balance in my banking accounts. I also receive a free updated credit score every month with information on where my credit has the most negative impact and tips on how to improve my credit. This makes it easy to work on increasing my score and tracking goals.
Katie B.
Wrightsville, PA
Techie Expert Level 3
How safe is this app? I am skeptical of sending all my bank info...
Christine G.
Saskatoon, Saskatchewan
What is this app used for? I'm just learning how to budget and have trouble managing money, will this app help?
Anne J.
Minneapolis, MN
Is it easy to use Mint when you have never used a budgeting app before? I am horrible with numbers and tech-challenged at times.
Cristina G.
Stafford , VA
What is Mint for ? 🤔 never use or heard of it before , Am I the only one ??
Sara N.
Do you really feel like you saved money after using this app?