Mini Veil Mineral Primer

What it is: An oil-free primer with a silky, airy texture that leaves a smooth canvas for makeup, while reducing the look of redness, pores, and wrinkles. What it does: With a texture unlike any other, this silky primer extends the wear of makeup while also concealing redness, minimizing the appearance of pores, fine lines and wrinkles, and providing broad spectrum SPF 15 for a perfect complexion that lasts. It leaves a smooth, even surface so that foundation effortlessly glides on and stays put for all-day makeup wear. This unique primer has an airy, silky cloud-like texture and layers onto skin without added weight or a greasy after feel. It delivers Broad Spectrum SPF 15 sun protection with mineral-derived sunscreens. It’s ideal for all skin types, even sensitive, blemish-prone skin, and it repels water so makeup stays looks freshly applied all day long. What it is formulated WITHOUT:- Parabens- Sulfates - Phthalates What else you need to know: The perfect complexion starts with Veil Mineral Primer. As the first step in your makeup routine, it creates the ideal canvas for your makeup to effortlessly glide on and stay on for all-day wear. The silky, weightless texture smooths and evens out the skin for perfect application and wear every time. It’s the one product that will elevate your foundation to unprecedented performance. "Before I developed Veil Mineral Primer, I wasn’t a big fan of using makeup primers. They always felt like an extra and unnecessary step in your makeup regimen. But then I started working with a chemist on the idea of a next generation primer, and, after numerous incarnations, we came up with Veil. It was unlike any other primer I had seen—it was silky in texture, it concealed redness, it repelled water so your foundation lasts longer, and it had an SPF. I felt like it delivered in so many ways that I knew it had earned a place in my daily routine."—Carisa Janes, Hourglass FounderWhat else you need to know: Hourglass products are 100 percent cruelty-free.

How well does this wear on dry skin?
I have the very oily skin and some acne scarring on the sides of my face. I struggle finding a primer foundation combo to hide that and also look natural. My favorite foundation so far is fenty beauty. Has anyone used this primer in combination with that foundation?
loooking for a good primer for acne/textured/slightly oily skin, my pores are decently sized and i want a smooth affect. i have heard many mixed reviews/ opinions on this one, so please let me know your thoughts! if this one is not good for the description given of my skin, does anyone know which other primer is?
Start your review of Mini Veil Mineral Primer!
How would you rate this product?
Product Highlights
...little ashy on its own, but it doesn't show through foundation. helps with oil control, but i definitely need to try it out some more before i start calling it the holy grail. love that it has spf! only complaint is i wish it minimized pores better. overall, a good buy. in reviews
...the primer after, it was ok. i guess i just thought it would ben more hydrating, i in ny so the harsh winter my skin can always use hydration. i will continue to use and finish the bottle , then decide my final thoughts. so after using it for a few weeks, i absolutely love this primer, i think i wasn’t applying enough in the beginning which was making me feel like my skin was dry. it calms the redness in my skin and makes my makeup application go in perfectly. it comes with a spatula which i like do you can dolly the product where you need it and evenly. plus i love the fact it has spf in it as well, sun protection for me is number one. i only took away one star because of the price, for the regular size it $58, maybe i’ll splurge and buy it i guess l decide when the bottle is all gon.in reviews
Stephanie D.
Spokane
Mini Veil Mineral Primer uploaded by Stephanie D.
I received a sample of this from Sephora for my birthday this last year. It works wonderfully! I used it in conjunction with the matching setting powder and my face was flawless for hours. My makeup stayed in place and looked the same at the end of the day. I highly recommend!
Fumiko K.
Los Angeles, CA
Mini Veil Mineral Primer uploaded by Fumiko K.
Purchased at: Sephora
I cannot live without this primer! It keeps my greasy t-zone much less oily. It smooths out skin and foundation definitely looks better with this. I find it a bit drying on my cheeks so I only use it on t-zone now. A little goes a long way and one small bottle lasts very long.
Jolie D.
Arlington, VA
1,552 reviews
Purchased at: Sephora
This is the Veil mineral primer and it comes in several sizes, different price points. This is a mineral based, water resistant primer. It does have SPF 15 in it. It has a slippery texture. I personally feel like this is ideal for normal to oily skin types. Some people that fall under combination skin might work too. But not if you have dry/dehydrated skin, or mature skin. If you are very dry, this is not going to be flattering and make you feel like it sucked all the moisture out of your face when you wash it off. If you are very oily, you will find that your oil breaks thru after 4-5 hours. So either extreme, it won't work. I think this does a nice job of neutralizing skin and minimizing shine. It can create a beautiful, smooth, uniform canvas. It is good at absorbing excess oil. If you have any dry patches, this won't help you. It can leave a white cast on olive/darker skin tones. You have to be very careful to apply just a small amount.
Shianne P.
Fair Oaks, CA
Mini Veil Mineral Primer uploaded by Shianne P.
Purchased at: Bloomingdale's
I really like this product overall. I have heard some not great things about the brand recently but based purely on product it does a good job. I like the texture a soft creamy white, not too thin or thick. it settles on my skin really nice filling in pores before applying my makeup. This I received a sample size with a hourglass purchase so I cannot speak for the component it comes in.
Senada B.
Mini Veil Mineral Primer uploaded by Senada B.
Purchased at: Sephora
I got both of these in small travel sizes. I find this one is perfect fir hot summer days. It settles in nicely on face and so smooth that it allows my foundation to stay and apply nicely.
Savannah G.
Bowie, MD
Mini Veil Mineral Primer uploaded by Savannah G.
Purchased at: Sephora
This is a pretty nice primer. I’m not sure that it’s worth the price tag but I do enjoy it! This creates a really nice smooth canvas before my foundation, I wish it did a little more to fill in and smooth my pores and texture but overall it does create a nice base. I like that it has added spf as well, so I’m getting a little more added protection during the day.
Emily P.
Ridgway, PA
Mini Veil Mineral Primer uploaded by Emily P.
I personally love this product. I have oily skin. This primer makes my skin feel super soft. There is absolutely no shimmer which I love. The consistency is super light, it almost feels as if it is whipped. It is not heavy and clogging whatsoever. I only use one pump to cover my entire face, so a little goes a long way. It makes my foundation look silky and makes it last much longer. I also love the packaging. The pump prevents bacteria from spreading into the product. If I have a day where I'm not wearing makeup, I will will apply this primer, because it makes my skin look so much healthier. This is my favorite primer probably because it's so light and not overbearing which I love. Sometimes primers can feel too thick, but this is not. The only gripe i have is that I think the price is too high. It's not affordable for the average makeup junkie.
Received complimentary sample from Influenster
Jessica A.
San Jose, CA
Mini Veil Mineral Primer uploaded by Jessica A.
Purchased at: Sephora
A last generation primer that prolongs the use of the foundation for a perfect complexion.
Dorina A.
Rockaway Bch, NY
Mini Veil Mineral Primer uploaded by Dorina A.
Purchased at: Sephora
This primer really worked well on my combination skin, and it didn’t leave any streaks or dry patches. I prefer to wear it with a matte foundation, and especially since I get a glow from this primer.
Influenster M.
I absolutely love this primer! I’m over packing my pores all the way with primer and having my foundation look ultra fake on top of it. I’m now into the Hourglass because it halfway packs my pores and makes my foundation appear more skin like. Does it make me look flawless? No. Does it make me look fake? No. What it does do is give me a realistic finish once my foundation is on top that I think is much more flattering than what I was previously using. It also helps lock on my makeup for a longer lasting, less oily, and less transferable face. It takes me a lot longer, like a couple hours longer, before my skin gets oily on the surface. Even then, I go to blot & there’s way less makeup coming off on the tissue/napkin than there used to be with my previous primer. I also noticed that where I used to have a problem with my concealer areas looking cakey quickly, now I don’t see that level of cake or as fast as before. In my opinion, it’s absolutely worth the $$$.

631 questions

Ask a question to the Influenster community...
Breanna H.