BY STIEG LARSSON #70 in Books

• Could anyone recommend a series similar to this that woul...3 Answers
  • Wait. How did I not know this was a series? They only hav...3 Answers
  • How long until the book isn't so difficult to get through?5 Answers
Millennium Series
  • "The first book took a while to get into, but once I got there I was completely hooked, and couldn't wait for the next one." in 37 reviews
  • "Probably one of my favourite book series- these books are so well written, and all of the plot twists and turns definitely kept my attention- I read all three of them in a week!" in 11 reviews
  • "i liked this series alot, it got a little slow at some points and some of the characters were hard to follow but all in all good series" in 7 reviews
  • "It took me awhile to get into it, but before long I was completely absorbed in these three books." in 6 reviews
  • "The second book, as it is unabridged, was detail heavy - and not on the good details you want, but with the kind where I could have removed 1/2 the book and not even nicked the plot line." in 6 reviews
Stephanie T.
Huntington, NY
I really enjoyed these books. They are a little difficult to get started. I found myself having to go back and re-read significant portions of the first book. Mostly because the names are difficult to remember. Once I was able to sort everything out, I couldn't put the book down. Highly recommended for someone who likes a challenging read.
Sarah M.
Gilbertsville, PA
These books are really hard to get into at first, but when you do it'll be worth your time. I read these books on my kindle, which helped a lot with words I didn't know or the words in a different language. The author really makes your fall in love with the characters and you'll be rooting for your favorite the whole series! These are a must read.
Rachel B.
Spokane, WA
I LOVE these books so hard. Riveting storytelling, and a badass strong female lead. I've read the books multiple times since they've come out, and listened to the audiobooks multiple times as well. I recommend to anyone who has not yet read them .
Thomas G.
Denton, TX
I was a bit skeptical with the first book. I'd only heard of women reading these books. But I gave them a chance and was impressed. I liked the whole series. It can get a bit gruesome with the details of unpleasant situations, but well-written none the less. I watched the foreign films after reading the books. Never saw the American one.
Nikki D.
Bloomington, IL
These books take some commitment to get through, but ultimately, they're worth it. I had a hard time keeping the characters straight, the Swedish names were confusing, as well as the fact that each character has a cluster of nicknames. There is a huge amount of violence against women in all 3 books, which is hard to stomach. However, in spite of these issues, the 3 books are tied together really well and I'm glad I read them.
Ivy G.
Athens
I never read the first book my mom found " the girl who played with fire". It was easy to pick up where the first book left off. They give you a lot of hints as to what happened in the beginning. I didn't want to pu the book down. It was great!
Alison D.
Alexandria, VA
These books can be a little slow at the beginning but they really pick up! They are full of mystery and it gets hard to put them down. They can get a little graphic but makes up for it the way it keeps you guessing as the story unravels.
Torre C.
I've only seen the first movie but I really want to get into reading this trilogy. It seems so interesting and complicated. If I ever find the time I am going to make a point to read these. The books are usually way better than the movies.
Shayla S.
RALEIGH, NC
This is an awesome trilogy. But I wouldn't read it at home alone or just before bed, as it might be a little unsettling at time. It kept my attention page after page and I couldn't wait to pick it back up after I had to put it down. :)
Leah M.
Do you like gritty women? Does social injustice make you angry? Would you like to be thrown into a world where equality is boasted, but not actually true? Read this series.
Ryashia M.
Have You Read Any Of These Books?
Jaylene P.
San Mateo, CA
How long until the book isn't so difficult to get through?
Hope S.
Cedar, MN
Bookworm Expert Level 1
Could anyone recommend a series similar to this that would be worth reading?
Jade P.
Holland, MI
Wait. How did I not know this was a series? They only have the first movie out, right? Are they any good?
Victoria F.