BY STIEG LARSSON #70 in Books

• Could anyone recommend a series similar to this that woul...3 Answers
  • Wait. How did I not know this was a series? They only hav...3 Answers
  • How long until the book isn't so difficult to get through?5 Answers
Millennium Series
  • "The first book took a while to get into, but once I got there I was completely hooked, and couldn't wait for the next one." in 37 reviews
  • "Probably one of my favourite book series- these books are so well written, and all of the plot twists and turns definitely kept my attention- I read all three of them in a week!" in 11 reviews
  • "i liked this series alot, it got a little slow at some points and some of the characters were hard to follow but all in all good series" in 7 reviews
  • "It took me awhile to get into it, but before long I was completely absorbed in these three books." in 6 reviews
  • "The second book, as it is unabridged, was detail heavy - and not on the good details you want, but with the kind where I could have removed 1/2 the book and not even nicked the plot line." in 6 reviews
kat m.
Austin, TX
I could not put these books down. They are thrilling page turners that kept me up into the late hours of the night. I was scared to go to bed sometimes. Lisbeth Salander is one of the most interesting characters I have ever come across. Such a shame that Larsson died as he was writing another book to this series. His widow has rights to it now.
Amanda W.
Lexington, KY
Bookworm Expert Level 2
Every year for three years my mom would get me one of these books for Christmas and I would read almost the entire book that day because it was so good I couldn't put down. This series as a whole is incredible and the books by themselves are incredible too.
Brittany F.
Lawrenceville, GA
I loved this trilogy and I hardly ever read back-to-back books from the same author. After about the first 100 pages of the first book, which were a little slow setting the storyline, the plot was so riveting I couldn't put the books down. I highly recommend all three of these books. But be forewarned they can be graphic.
Jessica R.
Sherman Oaks, CA
Bookworm Expert Level 2
Really enjoyed this book! It was a great mystery with lots of action and really great character development! All of the series are good and they even made multiple movies off it in different languages. It felt like one giant cliffhanger
Hannah K.
Worcester, MA
I should note I haven't read the whole trilogy, just the first book, but I did not think the first book was a good ambassador for the series. It only really got interesting at the very end and there were so many parts that made no sense in the context of the story. I also found the characters really flat and boring.
Chrissie J.
Mckinney, TX
These books are great... as long as you can power through their slow starts. Each book is over 700 pages long, and they each take around 300 pages to really pick up. If you can get yourself to that point, then you'll be in for a fun ride as the story unfolds. It's just getting to that point that can be a challenge.
Kaylie K.
N Ft Myers, FL
It's a great series, but just a warning for all those that start these books: it's slow. The pacing of the books is set to the author's liking- not to the readers. So enjoy the books instead of trying to race thru them; or even better (and the way I had to get over the initial hump) download them as audio books!
Theresa T.
Hastings, MN
I am a frequent book reader and have heard great things about this series. I only read the first few chapters of the book and by page 50, it hadn't caught my attention. I have heard from others that if you can get through the first 200 or so pages, it is great. I will have to try again some other time!
Sky H.
Alexandria, Ky
The first book was really, really good. It kept you very interested. The last half of the second and third...I just couldn't get myself to care. I didn't even read the third. I need to but the writing got really stale.
Krystal G.
Pataskala, OH
Loved reading these books. I definitely got attached to the characters and found myself wanting there to be a 4th book (still have my fingers crossed). The first one is definitely a little slow to get into and there are a TON of characters, so keep that in mind and organize thoughts or notes accordingly.
Ryashia M.
Have You Read Any Of These Books?
Jaylene P.
San Mateo, CA
How long until the book isn't so difficult to get through?
Hope S.
Cedar, MN
Bookworm Expert Level 1
Could anyone recommend a series similar to this that would be worth reading?
Jade P.
Holland, MI
Wait. How did I not know this was a series? They only have the first movie out, right? Are they any good?
Victoria F.