BY STIEG LARSSON #71 in Books

• Could anyone recommend a series similar to this that woul...3 Answers
  • Wait. How did I not know this was a series? They only hav...3 Answers
  • How long until the book isn't so difficult to get through?5 Answers
Millennium Series
  • "The first book took a while to get into, but once I got there I was completely hooked, and couldn't wait for the next one." in 37 reviews
  • "Probably one of my favourite book series- these books are so well written, and all of the plot twists and turns definitely kept my attention- I read all three of them in a week!" in 11 reviews
  • "i liked this series alot, it got a little slow at some points and some of the characters were hard to follow but all in all good series" in 7 reviews
  • "It took me awhile to get into it, but before long I was completely absorbed in these three books." in 6 reviews
  • "The second book, as it is unabridged, was detail heavy - and not on the good details you want, but with the kind where I could have removed 1/2 the book and not even nicked the plot line." in 6 reviews
Julia R.
Ridgewood, NY
I have always loved thrillers, and Stief Larssen's series is no exception. Lisbeth, the main character, veers from the stereotypical herione into a much deeper and more complex individual. I feel that her dynamic nature tends to be more realistic to my own traits.
Beth B.
Martinez, GA
All three are excellent, but fair warning, it takes till probably 1/3- 1/2 of the way into the book before the action really picks up. I nearly gave up a few times, but am glad I finished. I've not come across anything like this series before. It's a great mystery with tons of twists and turns you don't see coming. It's quite violent, so be warned, if you have a weak stomach.
Sarah F.
I was pleasantly surprised by these books once I was able to finally get into them. The first one starts out a bit slow and takes quite a bit of attention span, but they pick up nicely as the story unfolds and you find yourself needing to know how it all plays out.
Rachel E.
Torrance, CA
One of my favorite series I think. It's really interesting and has a little something for everyone. The author isn't scared to tell you the truth. I didn't really understand all the politics that went on as I'm not familiar with the country, but I could still follow and I loved the characters and plot overall. Definitely recommend for a little bit of a harder read and somewhat older audience.
Kara E.
This series is incredible! I'm still reading the last book and I'm already sad there aren't more. The first book was a little slow at the beginning but after that I had several work nights that I didn't make it to bed until 4am because I couldn't stop reading.
Sophia P.
Bloomington, IN
This series will make you want to punch someone, will shock and horrify you, and will make you proud of anyone you know who is a fighter. The lead character is truly unique and amazing. Her story is complex; a great read to get lost in.
Judi W.
Gurnee, IL
This is such a fantastic series! After I read the first I had to run out and get the next two. It really broke my heart that the author is gone and can't write any new ones. The characters are really interesting and quirky and I enjoyed reading something based in modern day Sweden. To get all the details really takes more than one reading. I really enjoy them all.
Wendy D.
Portland , OR
I rarely pick up a book that I can't get through. I started Girl with the Dragon Tattoo and just couldn't. I was told by several people, "you have to make it through the first hundred pages and then it gets good". I shouldn't have to read through one hundred pages of crap. But I did. And then it still sucked. I couldn't continue after 200 pages. I was over it.
Kaitlin M.
Winchester, VA
I really enjoyed this series. The books are long, but I was almost never bored. I've seen the Swedish films and the American one, and they are good adaptations. The books, however, are a pretty cohesive trio-- although they could have used some editing. I *think* the author passed away prematurely and wasn't able to finish them, so given that, they are pretty darn good. They are above the average reader's reading level, but once you get into the series, you can't put it down.
Maranda G.
Apopka, FL
I love to read and have read a lot of books, but I'm the type that if the first 3 chapters do not catch my attention, I cannot finish it. I barely got through the first 3 chapters and was completely bored. It's a lot like reading certain parts of a king james version Bible. So-and-so begat So-and-so.. and then they begat suziQ. I couldn't take it. lol
Ryashia M.
Have You Read Any Of These Books?
Jaylene P.
San Mateo, CA
How long until the book isn't so difficult to get through?
Hope S.
Cedar, MN
Bookworm Expert Level 1
Could anyone recommend a series similar to this that would be worth reading?
Jade P.
Holland, MI
Wait. How did I not know this was a series? They only have the first movie out, right? Are they any good?
Victoria F.