BY STIEG LARSSON

• Could anyone recommend a series similar to this that would be wor...3 Answers
  • Wait. How did I not know this was a series? They only have the fi...3 Answers
  • How long until the book isn't so difficult to get through?5 Answers
Millennium Series
  • "The first book took a while to get into, but once I got there I was completely hooked, and couldn't wait for the next one." in 37 reviews
  • "Probably one of my favourite book series- these books are so well written, and all of the plot twists and turns definitely kept my attention- I read all three of them in a week!" in 11 reviews
  • "i liked this series alot, it got a little slow at some points and some of the characters were hard to follow but all in all good series" in 7 reviews
  • "It took me awhile to get into it, but before long I was completely absorbed in these three books." in 6 reviews
  • "The second book, as it is unabridged, was detail heavy - and not on the good details you want, but with the kind where I could have removed 1/2 the book and not even nicked the plot line." in 6 reviews
Courtney A.
Perrysburg, OH
When I heard all the hype about this book, I just knew I had to give it a shot. I was not disappointed when I got into these books. The characters are so real and so honest that sometimes it cuts you to the bone. I was shocked and constantly on the edge of my seat while reading these and I will forever recommend them to book lovers.
Kim C.
S Hackensack, NJ
I read The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo just because. It was given to me and the movie looked good so I figured I would read it before I saw the movie. After a few chapters I was HOOKED! As soon as I was finishing the first book I immediately ordered book 2&3 online. I'm not big on politics, feminism, nor mystery but I was absolutely captivated by this series. They are very well written, charming, and funny. Read it!
Tabitha S.
These books are really well written and very entertaining. I definitely recommend them. The first book was a little difficult to get "into" at first, but once I made it past the first 50 or so pages, I couldn't put the book down and was eager to read the rest of the series as well.
Erica S.
Staten Island, NY
This was such a great trilogy. I was going to read the first book, then a lighter book for a break and then the second book with a lighter book and then the last. I had to read all three books back to back. These were great stories. I enjoyed the movie as well (both the American and Foreign films). But I always enjoy the books best. The main character (Lizbeth) is such a great character. Love her!
Lindsay G.
Barnegat, NJ
It took me a little while to get into the first book, but once I did, I binge read the entire trilogy. It still makes me impossibly sad that Stieg Larsson passed away and was unable to write any additional books. I thought they were unique and smart, really held my attention and kept me riveted right through to the end. I wish that I spoke and read Swedish, so that I could have read them in the original format.

I've also seen all three of the Swedish movies, and the first of the English version, and the movies are brilliant as well!
Caitlin L.
This series is one of the best series I have ever read. I was seriously disappointed when I found out that Stieg Larsson was gone and no more books would be written. Sincere disappointment.
Mikael is a fantastic protagonist as is Lisbeth. I love the complexity of their relationship and the complexity of each of the characters. It is beautiful. Larsson holds up with each subsequent reading.
Audra B.
Oklahoma City, OK
I love these books! I will say the first book begins a bit slow and is confusing at first. However you will love to hate some of these characters and just plain love others! It is rumored this was going to be a 5 book series but the author died before finishing. I feel like you can kind of tell that the series was going to go further. These are an adult read and parts of very graphic.
Julia R.
RIDGEWOOD, NY
I have always loved thrillers, and Stief Larssen's series is no exception. Lisbeth, the main character, veers from the stereotypical herione into a much deeper and more complex individual. I feel that her dynamic nature tends to be more realistic to my own traits.
Sarah F.
I was pleasantly surprised by these books once I was able to finally get into them. The first one starts out a bit slow and takes quite a bit of attention span, but they pick up nicely as the story unfolds and you find yourself needing to know how it all plays out.
Beth B.
Martinez, GA
All three are excellent, but fair warning, it takes till probably 1/3- 1/2 of the way into the book before the action really picks up. I nearly gave up a few times, but am glad I finished. I've not come across anything like this series before. It's a great mystery with tons of twists and turns you don't see coming. It's quite violent, so be warned, if you have a weak stomach.
Ryashia M.
Have You Read Any Of These Books?
Jaylene P.
San Mateo, CA
How long until the book isn't so difficult to get through?
Hope S.
Cedar, MN
Bookworm Expert Level 1
Could anyone recommend a series similar to this that would be worth reading?
Jade P.
Holland, MI
Wait. How did I not know this was a series? They only have the first movie out, right? Are they any good?
Victoria F.