BY STIEG LARSSON

• Could anyone recommend a series similar to this that would be wor...3 Answers
  • Wait. How did I not know this was a series? They only have the fi...3 Answers
  • How long until the book isn't so difficult to get through?5 Answers
Millennium Series
  • "The first book took a while to get into, but once I got there I was completely hooked, and couldn't wait for the next one." in 37 reviews
  • "Probably one of my favourite book series- these books are so well written, and all of the plot twists and turns definitely kept my attention- I read all three of them in a week!" in 11 reviews
  • "i liked this series alot, it got a little slow at some points and some of the characters were hard to follow but all in all good series" in 7 reviews
  • "Even though the books starts slowly, it's still a very good read if you stick with it." in 6 reviews
  • "The second book, as it is unabridged, was detail heavy - and not on the good details you want, but with the kind where I could have removed 1/2 the book and not even nicked the plot line." in 6 reviews
Katrina P.
Broadway, VA
I've known many people who read these books. I actually started the first one many years ago and put it down because I got busy (I only got about 20 pages in). I have always seen them on people's book shelves and when I saw them here on Influenster I decided I had to read them. I ended up getting hooked. Being in college and reading this series is hard to juggle because it's so long, but it's worth it. The books were well written and I can only imaging what they must have been like in Swedish. I've never seen writing quite like this before, let alone a topic like this one, so it was fresh and new. I definitely recommend reading!
Jacqueline K.
Baltimore, MD
This series is one of my all time favorites. It is very intriguing and I couldn't stop reading them. It is a shame Stieg Larson wasn't able to finish this series (I heard there were supposed to be more). The main character is empowering for women and I'm pretty sure everyone will fall in love with her. Larson's writing is exquisite and kept me very entertained. I don't want to review too deeply because it would be a shame to spoil any of the novels for those interested in reading. Even if you are only slightly interested in reading them, do it. I will most likely read them for a second time very soon.
Carmella S.
I have never been so enthralled by a book series... And I didn't even realize how intricately involved all three stories were until I reread them a year or two later. Larsson complicates the story with the most minute details that have such a profound effect on the story... I am in love with how well these books were written!!! A must read - especially before you see the movie because it's kindof scarring...
Jami T.
Most books with female leads are full of romance and and damsels in distress, but not this one. When Stieg Larsson created Lisbeth Salander he introduced a bold, strong and brilliant character that seduces us with her awkwardness. From the very first chapter of Dragon Tattoo to the final page of Hornets nest I was hooked. I felt a surge of emotions as she searched for the truth about her past and fought for her life. To call it a page turner would be an understatement. Do yourself a favor and read this, because as good as they are, the film cannot do it justice.
Amber S.
White Bear Lk, MN
The first book in the series I adored. I read it cover to cover in mere hours. The second book, as it is unabridged, was detail heavy - and not on the good details you want, but with the kind where I could have removed 1/2 the book and not even nicked the plot line. 15 pages on a trip to Ikea, isle number, item color, size. 2 pages walking to the couch from the kitchen. I wanted to dig my eyes out with spoons. I did finally finish it, months later - but I will not go on to the 3rd book and just speak of the first when asked if I have read it.
Christy C.
Lynchburg, VA
I love to read and I was excited to see what all the fuss was about over these books. I bought the first book for a beach read and I jumped right in. I was so lost and bored in the beginning. I am not sure I needed to know that much about genealogy. I tried, unsuccessfully to finish this book. I even gave it another shot later, but I was still bored! It is an extremely rare thing for me to not finish a book, but I gave up. I decided it was not fair wasting time trying to force myself to read something I didn't enjoy when there were so many good books waiting for me! I watched the first movie to see if it would inspire me to read, but the plot was still too slow at the beginning and some scenes too graphic.
Rebecca F.
Abingdon, VA
I was really curious about the series after seeing lots of rave reviews and both a Swedish and American version of the movie come out. I got the audiobook version of all three of these and listened to them at work. These were so good! I wasn't really sure what to expect out of the series but Mikael Blomqvist and Lisbeth Salander were enthralling characters and I was hooked! There are some pretty graphic sections in the book, but they really help to tell the story rather than being added in for shock factor.
Amanda C.
Burlington, KY
I fell in love after I read the first book and couldn't get enough. It was thrilling, clever, and detailed. I'm in love with the way it was written, and the quality of the characters is top notch. I did find that for some it's a bit difficult to keep up with so many characters, while also taking in the extensive political knowledge, but taking notes helped me stay on track. The writer keeps you engaged and just when you think you've figured it out, he pulls you in another direction. It IS very graphic and not the for faint of heart, but I thought it was incredibly well done. I have long since finished the series and I found myself craving more despite being at the end.
Amanda P.
Scranton, PA
MUST READ! So the beginning is hard to get used to; all of the names & the different stories that seem to be going on at once! It gets better! First book was so good I had to run to the store to buy 'played with fire.' That entire book beginning to end was amazing! Then I had to get 'kicked the hornet's nest' immediately. The start of that one was great because there were so many cliff hangers left on the end of the second book! The middle was good but the end was a bit tough to get through.
Roxanne D.
Buhl, ID
I had heard about the books but never read them and then my mom took me to see the movie because she loved the books. The movie was shocking but great. Then I read the books and was even more shocked by the first book but the second and third were so good I couldn't put them down. I am deeply saddened that they aren't planning on making the other two into movies. For the people who said they couldn't get into them, watch the movie and it will make you want to know what happens next.
Ryashia M.
Have You Read Any Of These Books?
Jaylene P.
San Mateo, CA
How long until the book isn't so difficult to get through?
Hope S.
Cedar, MN
Bookworm Expert Level 1
Could anyone recommend a series similar to this that would be worth reading?
Jade P.
Holland, MI
Wait. How did I not know this was a series? They only have the first movie out, right? Are they any good?
Victoria F.