BY STIEG LARSSON

• Could anyone recommend a series similar to this that would be wor...3 Answers
  • Wait. How did I not know this was a series? They only have the fi...3 Answers
  • How long until the book isn't so difficult to get through?5 Answers
Millennium Series
  • "The first book took a while to get into, but once I got there I was completely hooked, and couldn't wait for the next one." in 37 reviews
  • "Probably one of my favourite book series- these books are so well written, and all of the plot twists and turns definitely kept my attention- I read all three of them in a week!" in 11 reviews
  • "i liked this series alot, it got a little slow at some points and some of the characters were hard to follow but all in all good series" in 7 reviews
  • "It took me awhile to get into it, but before long I was completely absorbed in these three books." in 6 reviews
  • "The second book, as it is unabridged, was detail heavy - and not on the good details you want, but with the kind where I could have removed 1/2 the book and not even nicked the plot line." in 6 reviews
Deidre P.
Pickerel River, ON
Another "trendy book series" that I didn't want to get in to. My grandma picked up the first 2 books for me at a yard sale, I had nothing to read at the time, so I decided to check them out. I finished them both within a week or 2, just like the 3 Hunger Games books.
Sharra F.
Vancouver, BC
Started out really slowly, but ended up being completely worth it. An entirely satisfying read with an amazingly likable protagonist who is everything an intelligent nerd girl (me) wishes she was. First book ended so fantastically I could not wait to read the second and second ends on a cliffhanger so have the third one handy. One of my favorite trilogies
Danielle D.
My favorite series!! What a great translation too.
It deals with touchy and serious subject matter, though, so it's not for the faint of heart.
There's an equal balance of male and female voices/perspectives, each unique and relatable in their own right. Plus, there are fantastic mysteries throughout that keep you guessing and often surprise you.
Laura B.
These books are amazingly suspenseful and really keep you guessing. It's nice to read a series of suspense novels centered around a female character that isn't highly sexualized - which seems to be relatively rare in this genre. The quality of description in the writing helps to bring the novels to life, and the characters are compelling.
allison c.
Renfrew, ON
This series is one of the best adult series i have read so far. i wasn't sure what to really expect going into for they were a gift from my parents but once i started them i could not put them down got completely pulled into the story and finished the series within two weeks
Daniela K.
Toronto, ON
In all three cases, it takes about a third of the book for you to really get into the storyline but after that, there's no putting it down! Loved all 3 and super excited for the new one! Definitely need to start the series from the beginning or you'll be totally lost.
Kay T.
Vancouver
Fans of the American film adaptation may be caught slightly off guard when reading the first book, as Lisbeth does not appear until far into the narrative. However the depth and complexity of these books is highly engaging and the titular protagonist is one of the most captivating characters I have encountered.
Antonietta M.
I loved this series! It was one of the most intense trilogies I ever read! Very dark story with dark characters. The writing style is more complex but it was a great fictional series. I definitely recommend !
Rebecca J.
Toronto, ON
It took me awhile to get into this series, but once I did I could not stop. Definitely the kinds of books where you're sad once you're done reading them because you want more, more, more!
Kacy S.
I'll admit when I started the first book that it took me awhile to get into it. The start is a bit of a drag. Once past that, it is well worth it. The second and third books just continue right along, with no pacing issues. Great series.
Ryashia M.
Have You Read Any Of These Books?
Jaylene P.
San Mateo, CA
How long until the book isn't so difficult to get through?
Hope S.
Cedar, MN
Bookworm Expert Level 1
Could anyone recommend a series similar to this that would be worth reading?
Jade P.
Holland, MI
Wait. How did I not know this was a series? They only have the first movie out, right? Are they any good?
Victoria F.