BY STIEG LARSSON

• Could anyone recommend a series similar to this that would be wor...3 Answers
  • Wait. How did I not know this was a series? They only have the fi...3 Answers
  • How long until the book isn't so difficult to get through?5 Answers
Millennium Series
  • "The first book took a while to get into, but once I got there I was completely hooked, and couldn't wait for the next one." in 37 reviews
  • "Probably one of my favourite book series- these books are so well written, and all of the plot twists and turns definitely kept my attention- I read all three of them in a week!" in 11 reviews
  • "i liked this series alot, it got a little slow at some points and some of the characters were hard to follow but all in all good series" in 7 reviews
  • "Even though the books starts slowly, it's still a very good read if you stick with it." in 6 reviews
  • "The second book, as it is unabridged, was detail heavy - and not on the good details you want, but with the kind where I could have removed 1/2 the book and not even nicked the plot line." in 6 reviews
Chloe F.
Indiana, PA
EXCELLENT read. it will get you hooked from the first page! you will love it!
Bethany G.
El Paso, TX
Definitely a well-written and interesting trilogy.
Jéssica S.
Minden, NV
Bookworm Expert Level 1
I usually read the book before seeing a movie version of a novel, but after seeing the girl with the dragon tattoo I had to also read the book. The unique and super smart Lisbeth Salander has a troubled past and it has made her fiercely independent and suspicious of everyone.

This fantastic 500 page hardcover novel (The Girl who played with fire by Stieg Larsson) begins where the first book (Girl with the dragon tattoo) ends. Some of the same characters (Mikael Blomkvist, journalist and publisher of the magazine Millennium, and the creepy Advokat Nils Erik Bjurman, who raped Lisbeth Salander in the first book) are in this book.

After the short prologue, this novel begins with Lisbeth Salander on a long vacation since she now had the funds to do as she wants and there were fewer assignments she was getting for her investigative expertise. When she arrived back in Sweden she rented a new apartment and went shopping to furnish her apartment. She had avoided any recent contact with Mikael Blomkvist, even though they had been lovers for a short time while she helped him investigate a serial killer (See The girl with the dragon tattoo).

In this page turning novel, the Millennium has agreed to investigate the sex slave trade in Sweden doing a series of feature articles on the subject along with publishing a book on the investigation. I never like to give away too much information when reviewing novels because it spoils it for the reader. When Salander’s finger prints are found on a murder weapon, Blomkvist does not believe she had anything to do with the murders and now they wind up working together to solve the murders.

If you are into tight mysteries with plenty of suspense and gritty action this is a book you will enjoy reading. The writer spins the story which makes you eager to turn the pages to see what happens next.

Rating: 5 Stars. Joseph J. Truncale (Author: Tactical principles of the most effective combative systems).
Gates S.
Thunder Bay , ON
Very dark book but very enjoyable. The reading level is a bit higher in the book but that just makes for a good challenge. Would definitely recommend if you like your look for a series that’s a little dark
Paola A.
Gran trilogía, gran saga sueca y gran Finsher con la chica del dragón tatuado. Todo lo que rodea esta historia vale la pena. La profundidad del perfil de Mike y Lisbeth, los temas que se abordan, las actuaciones son perfectas, me encanta y la recomendaría a otros.
Yadira G.
N Miami Beach, FL
Bookworm Expert Level 1
Es uno de los libros mas largos que he leído, pero cada pagina valió la pena. El autor te envuelve en una trama llena de misterios, rencores familiares, dinero, abusos y más, sin olvidarnos de una maravillosa y poco usual historia de amor. Lisbeth Salander es un personaje de esos que te costara olvidar y por mucho mi favorito. Recomiendo este libro para mayores de 18 años, lo leí cuando tenia tan solo 15 años y unas pocas escenas fuerte, me perturbaron un poco.
Sonia V.
Campomarino Lido, Italy
I loved this book series, in particular the firts book (Män som hatar kvinnor) I got so attached to Lisbeth Salander's character, Larsson makes you feel like Lisbeth and Mikael's shadow, you shake when they shake, you feel they anger and they pain, the suspense gave me goosebumps.
Definitely one of the most absorbing plots.
The Swedish film adaptation is stunning, made me discover and fall in love with Stieg Larsson's books.
Antonietta M.
I loved this series! It was one of the most intense trilogies I ever read! Very dark story with dark characters. The writing style is more complex but it was a great fictional series. I definitely recommend !
Nola G.
Winnipeg, MB
These books are so well written! They're so complicated and the characters are flawed yet beautiful. It feels like reading about the lives of real people although of course the situations they're in are a little outlandish for most normal lives. They are pretty hefty books but they're an easy read. I couldn't stop myself from finishing them as quickly as my brain could process everything! I was a little disappointed by the movies as they leave out a lot of the more complicated issues, but I guess it would have been impossible to get everything!
Melissa M.
Edmonton, Alberta
I read the three books in the original Millenium series a number of years ago and loved them. I remember staying up super late because I could never put them down, and I was so disappointed when I was finished them. I also really enjoyed The Girl Who Got Stuck in the Spider's Web now that it's come out as well!
Ryashia M.
Have You Read Any Of These Books?
Jaylene P.
San Mateo, CA
How long until the book isn't so difficult to get through?
Hope S.
Cedar, MN
Bookworm Expert Level 1
Could anyone recommend a series similar to this that would be worth reading?
Jade P.
Holland, MI
Wait. How did I not know this was a series? They only have the first movie out, right? Are they any good?
Victoria F.