BY STIEG LARSSON #95 in Books

Millennium Series
  • "The first book took a while to get into, but once I got there I was completely hooked, and couldn't wait for the next one." in 37 reviews
  • "Probably one of my favourite book series- these books are so well written, and all of the plot twists and turns definitely kept my attention- I read all three of them in a week!" in 11 reviews
  • "i liked this series alot, it got a little slow at some points and some of the characters were hard to follow but all in all good series" in 7 reviews
  • "It took me awhile to get into it, but before long I was completely absorbed in these three books." in 6 reviews
  • "The second book, as it is unabridged, was detail heavy - and not on the good details you want, but with the kind where I could have removed 1/2 the book and not even nicked the plot line." in 6 reviews
ashley a.
Tolland, CT
These books are fantastic - the series was adapted to movies, but they do not live up to the hype of the books. The author does a tremendous job explaining details and character backgrounds that you can get easily sucked into the story. Read them again and again and you'll find new details and different thoughts each time
Emily W.
Atlanta, GA
This series is insane, in a great way. Suggestions, read them one after the other. There is so much information and tiny details that come back into play that they will make much more sense in a short time period. Don't start when you are looking for a "fun" read. They are heavy, hard reads but so worth it.
Sarah L.
Averill Park, NY
Bookworm Expert Level 1
Love, loved this series! More than 500 page a book, but i read them so quickly. Lizabeth is one of my favorite characters ever. So well written and not for the faint of heart. Lizabeth is so smart, so always has a plan. She is always one step a head of everyone else. Must read.
Lori L.
Bookworm Expert Level 1
If you like thrillers, you can't help but not read Stieg Larsson's Millenium trilogy. The storyline grabs you from the beginning of book one and keeps you engaged until it ends at book three. You can't help but find compassion for the female protagonist and root on both main characters. If you like action, you need to read this trilogy.
Desiray S.
Fort Thomas , KY
I loved this series. Has romance, mystery, horror and comedy all in one. This series is gruesome as well at moments so if you are big into not reading provocative books stay away. But it is a fantastic read.
Jennifer C.
This series got me back into reading fiction. It is a really complex mystery. There are individual crime mysteries within the book, and then the mystery of what happened to Lizbeth Salander. It is also a very violent story, so I would only recommend it for adults.
Tamar M.
I was TOTTALLY engaged into the plot of these books while I was reading. I am still recommending these books to my friends (who have not read yet). I am still looking for the books that can be so interesting and exciting.
Cole C.
Charlotte, NC
AMAZING!!! I was very hesitant to read a "popular" book because most of the time they are garbage but WOW this was amazing and I LOVED them! I couldn't put them down! The characters were well developed and Lisbeth was a kick ass female anti-hero. There were great plot twist and the story that carried through all three books was intriguing! I couldn't put it down. The other part that I loved about this series is that as an American I didn't always understand certain things since this was set in Sweden but I decided to educate myself on Sweden and learned a lot of wonderful things that I wouldn't have learn otherwise! So that was really helpful when I was watching the movies (which I personally suggest watching the real ones in Swedish not the American one not that that one isn't good because while it does follow the story very well, it doesn't have the heart that the Swedish ones have... they are one Netflix or DVD... but that is just my opinion)
Patricia G.
These books have a very good story. I just had a REALLY hard time keeping track of the names/characters. I very much like detective, mystery, spy type things, I just found it hard to keep track while reading this series.
Julie T.
NEW YORK, NY
Great series. Worth the read takes you through the lives of several people and how they all come together- twists and turns- for book one the ramp up is slow, get through the first 100 pages and it will get good.
Ryashia M.
Have You Read Any Of These Books?
Jaylene P.
San Mateo, CA
How long until the book isn't so difficult to get through?
Jade P.
Holland, MI
Wait. How did I not know this was a series? They only have the first movie out, right? Are they any good?
Hope S.
Cedar, MN
Bookworm Expert Level 1
Could anyone recommend a series similar to this that would be worth reading?
Victoria F.