BY STIEG LARSSON

• Could anyone recommend a series similar to this that would be wor...3 Answers
  • Wait. How did I not know this was a series? They only have the fi...3 Answers
  • How long until the book isn't so difficult to get through?5 Answers
Millennium Series
  • "The first book took a while to get into, but once I got there I was completely hooked, and couldn't wait for the next one." in 37 reviews
  • "Probably one of my favourite book series- these books are so well written, and all of the plot twists and turns definitely kept my attention- I read all three of them in a week!" in 11 reviews
  • "i liked this series alot, it got a little slow at some points and some of the characters were hard to follow but all in all good series" in 7 reviews
  • "Even though the books starts slowly, it's still a very good read if you stick with it." in 6 reviews
  • "The second book, as it is unabridged, was detail heavy - and not on the good details you want, but with the kind where I could have removed 1/2 the book and not even nicked the plot line." in 6 reviews
Desiray S.
Fort thomas, KY
I loved this series. Has romance, mystery, horror and comedy all in one. This series is gruesome as well at moments so if you are big into not reading provocative books stay away. But it is a fantastic read.
Jennifer C.
This series got me back into reading fiction. It is a really complex mystery. There are individual crime mysteries within the book, and then the mystery of what happened to Lizbeth Salander. It is also a very violent story, so I would only recommend it for adults.
Tamar M.
I was TOTTALLY engaged into the plot of these books while I was reading. I am still recommending these books to my friends (who have not read yet). I am still looking for the books that can be so interesting and exciting.
Cole C.
Charlotte, NC
AMAZING!!! I was very hesitant to read a "popular" book because most of the time they are garbage but WOW this was amazing and I LOVED them! I couldn't put them down! The characters were well developed and Lisbeth was a kick ass female anti-hero. There were great plot twist and the story that carried through all three books was intriguing! I couldn't put it down. The other part that I loved about this series is that as an American I didn't always understand certain things since this was set in Sweden but I decided to educate myself on Sweden and learned a lot of wonderful things that I wouldn't have learn otherwise! So that was really helpful when I was watching the movies (which I personally suggest watching the real ones in Swedish not the American one not that that one isn't good because while it does follow the story very well, it doesn't have the heart that the Swedish ones have... they are one Netflix or DVD... but that is just my opinion)
Patricia G.
These books have a very good story. I just had a REALLY hard time keeping track of the names/characters. I very much like detective, mystery, spy type things, I just found it hard to keep track while reading this series.
Julie T.
NEW YORK, NY
Great series. Worth the read takes you through the lives of several people and how they all come together- twists and turns- for book one the ramp up is slow, get through the first 100 pages and it will get good.
Nicole D.
Bookworm Expert Level 3
This is an awesome series if you like mystery and thriller! Personally I thought Lizbeth was an awesomely developed character and one of my favorite female book characters as well.
Elizabeth R.
Linwood, NC
Bookworm Expert Level 1
I watched The Girl with the dragon tattoo before I read the books and I hate doing that but the movies made me very interested in the books. The book is a lot better than the movie.
Dessa M.
Holland, MI
This series takes you into the darker, sometimes sordid side of life. The girl who is the main character is NOT your typical person, not someone you would initially befriend or take pains to get to know, as she is "other" in almost every way. She is not physically attractive, her personality is abrasive and off-putting, as is the way she dresses and wears her hair. But she is EXTREMELY intelligent, world wise, savvy, and yet in some cases very nieve. She has had a hellish life, but she is a survivor, and someone you come to admire and respect as the stories develop. These stories can sometimes be very explicit as regards sexual or violent situations. Yet they are very good stories, well written and riveting in many ways.
m. t.
I resisted reading these for ages, thinking I wouldn't enjoy them. After seeing part of the American version of the movie on cable, I tried the first book and read immediately through all three.

The first does take 100 or so pages to get going but once it does, it's on. Compelling, layered characters, interesting situations, twists, and really intelligent plotting, problems, and people. The shifting between various stories through the books feels logical and makes sense and the characters are so real it's very easy to care about them. No one and nothing in these books is boilerplate or one-note.

Hoping eventually the rest might be completed and released!
Ryashia M.
Have You Read Any Of These Books?
Jaylene P.
San Mateo, CA
How long until the book isn't so difficult to get through?
Hope S.
Cedar, MN
Bookworm Expert Level 1
Could anyone recommend a series similar to this that would be worth reading?
Jade P.
Holland, MI
Wait. How did I not know this was a series? They only have the first movie out, right? Are they any good?
Victoria F.