BY MILK MAKEUP #82 in Toners & Astringents

Which skin type is it good for?
✔ Normal
✔ Oily
✔ Combination
✔ Dry
✔ Sensitive

What it is:
A solid toner, made with matcha for purified pores and smooth, hydrated skin.

Solutions for:
- Pores
- Dryness
- Dullness and uneven skintone

If you want to know more…
The world’s first solid facial toner is an essential second step to any skincare routine. The unique gel stick formula gently glides onto skin and provides a cool, refreshing sensation on application. Packed with matcha green tea, Matcha Toner detoxifies and protects, while ingredients like kombucha and witch hazel help visibly tighten pores and absorb excess oil, and organic cactus elixir calms and hydrates skin. The TSA-friendly solid formula is perfect for refreshing skin at home or on the go—and flying through airport security checks.

What it is formulated WITHOUT:
- Parabens
- Sulfates
- Phthalates

What else you need to know:
Milk Makeup is a paraben-free, eco-conscious, innovative product line made of the best possible ingredients. They see beauty in originality, authenticity, and design multi-use products for self-expression to help you Live Your Look. At Milk Makeup, there are no rules. Matcha Toner is oil-free, alcohol-free, vegan, and gluten-free. All Milk Makeup products are cruelty-free.

Buy on Sephora
Guadalupe G.
I initially wanted to purchase the  MILK MAKEUP Cooling Water stick, but they were out so the Sephora cast member recommended I try the Matcha toner as an alternative. It feels really cool and provides a nice layer of hydration before diving into my skincare routine morning and night. It's also super easy to apply since you just glide it all over your face for instant smoothness. Recommend if you'd prefer this type of toner over your classic liquid toner and cotton pad application.
Taylor R.
Binghamton, NY
Great product! Since using my mild acne has cleared up, and my skin looks generally healthier! Super easy to apply, and I love that it does not require cotton pads like most toners. A lot of reviewers complain about the smell, personally I think it is fine, it is a bit sweet.
Megan H.
I'm loving this toner. Only thing to be careful about is the time it takes for it to really soak in to the skin. I wash my face. Then use milk's cooling water under the eyes and this on my face. I kind of press it in to the skin and wait maybe 5 minutes before using myario badescu facial spray and my moisturizer of the day! Fabulous product, no smell for those that cannot handle strong scents.
Taylor R.
Abingdon, MD
Update: I returned this. I just couldn't get over the heavy sticky residue left on my face and while it did look to tighten my pores I'm wondering if it instead contributed to some new acne by clogging them. I never noticed a cooling or refreshing feeling.

Still on the fence with this product but will finish it to see if it's worth buying again. I like how convenient it is but it definitely is different from using a cotton pad with a toner. At first I applied too much and I was left with a sticky residue but on the packaging it says gently pat any reside left with fingertips. It does take away the redness and I noticed my pores had a blur effect and were tighter. I'm combo acne prone and sensitive so I will update if I notice any negative reactions. So far so good.
Anne G.
Sacramento , CA
This was a pretty cool product to use. When you receive the product it comes closed in a bag and a tube once you remove the tube and open the cap there's a little cap on top just like deodorant have you remove that and it's read for use. I wet my face and starts applying the stick across my face the top layer melted and you start seeing small white bumps which helps exfoliate your skin! Once I wash my face and pat dry it left my skin smooth, tight and feeing amazing! A little goes a long way and I love how it's in stick form because unlike other product such as face washes where you over pump the product in ur hand and waist it; the milk cleanser only applies as much as u need. Overall I loveeeee milk makeup products! I received the cool hydrating stick and the oil as well and love it!!!!!! Definitely worth the price
Brande S.
W Hollywood, CA
I purchased Milk Makeup's Matcha Toner at Sephora after watching it on my hand. I bought it with the Cooling Water stick. After using it for a few weeks I haven't seen much improvement in pore size or uneven skin color. It also brought a few whiteheads to my cheeks when I usually have none. What it has done is soften my skin and help quickly take the redness of some minor sunburns off my cheeks and nose. Some people (like my boyfriend) complain about the smell, but I don't notice it. While quick and discreet like the cooling water (& since this has more serious claims other than moisturizing) I probably won't repurchase as I don't feel like it did its job.
David A.
Now, I'm an acne-prone person, and I've tried skincare all around. But when I say that this product after cleansing is amazing, it's amazing. My skin feels so much smoother, I feel fresh, and I feel my acne lessening every day. Another perk about the toner being a stick, is that one doesn't have to either go buy cotton pads and pour a product out. (Some prefer it) But to just apply it to the face and have the same outcome, I'm going to stick.
Sarah G.
Wilson, WY
I purchased this product from Sephora because my entire Tatcha skincare routine is rather bulky and their travel sized products from their website are pretty pricey. I highly recommend this toner. It is great for traveling and/or everyday use. I love that there are no accoutrements needed with this stick toner from Milk make-up. It is easy to apply, glides on smoothly, and leaves my skin feeling refreshed and cleansed. I have sensitive, combination skin and this product doesn't irritate my skin or cause me to break-out. This is the second product that I have tried from Milk make-up and I am thoroughly impressed!
Kathleen M.
I just started using the matcha toner and I really like it. I think a solid toner is useful because you done need cotton balls/pads and you really get to use up all of the product without wasting any. I have rosacea and so far the has helped bring down the redness in my face. This product is $26, but many of the sites that sell it will offer you addition samples when you buy it which is a plus. I bought mine directly from MILK MAKEUP and it came in a nice bag with the brand name, the bag is sturdy and reusable.
Julianna C.
Vicksburg, MS
Curiosity brought me to this product. I find it incredibly convenient and I enjoy the scent. I'm a sucker for Milk's packaging as always, but for once, it's actually functional. I don't fly enough for TSA regulations to matter to me, but it's still a nice feature.

As for the toner itself, I enjoy using it after I get out of the shower. Swipe it on, wait a minute or two, start with the rest of my skincare. I don't find it overly sticky like the hydration stick.

That said, as refreshing as it feels, I'm not sure it actually does much for my skin. It has good ingredients, but I don't see a big enough difference in my skin to justify the price of admission. I'm glad I bought it, I enjoy it, but I don't know that I would purchase it again.
Angela D.
Henderson, NV
Has anyone used Milk products? Thoughts? Xo🌺🦄
dakota h.
Is this product good for covering up freckles?
Mahima Y.
dehradun
Recommend me some online sites to get this product
Adrienne L.
Does this toner feel sticky or leave your skin feeling tight?
Priscila T.
Does this one work as a skin corrector ?