MILK MAKEUP Holographic Stick

by Milk Makeup

A highlighter stick that gives a hyper-lavender iridescent effect for an earthly aura. Swipe this highlighter on any skintone and wherever you want to create a prismatic look. Use Holographic Stick on cheeks, eyes, lips, and body. This multi-use stick provides a prismatic glow for an out of this world holographic effect. It's loaded with meteorite powder and twilight pearls that create a prismatic finish. Formulated with Milk Melt Technology this Holographic Stick instantly glides and blends into skin. Infused with mango butter, peach nectar, and avocado oil for lasting hydration. Just apply onto bare skin or over makeup. It is formulated Without: - Parabens - Sulfates - Phthalates This product is vegan and cruelty-free.

What is the best method of applying this product with and without a base/ foundation?
I have this highlighter however I find it hard to apply, any tips? I think the problem is I’ve being trying to swipe it on after I apply foundation which means it doesn’t show up so well. Should I use it as a base?
How noticeable is this?
Start your review of MILK MAKEUP Holographic Stick!
Product Highlights
“...catching highlight. the sticks blend easily and can be used all over your face and body.” in 47 reviews
“...do have to blend it out a little more than you would have to with the powder or pan highlighter” in 31 reviews
Fox River Grv, IL
Review for: Supernova, Mars
I only gave this 3 stars due to not liking all the color available. I've used both the supernova color and the mars color, I prefer the supernova more. I do like subtle, but the mars is just too subtle for me...I felt like you couldn't see it at all. I ended up layering it with another golden highlighter to make it pop more. The supernova color is amazing, it has a very nice purple glow and I used it when I go out. I would definitely recommend the supernova color, the mars color may work if you have fair skin.
Combination / Blackheads, Large Pores, Redness
Hop Bottom, PA
Review for: Supernova, Mars, Stardust
I own all three of these holographic sticks and I absolutely love them. I use them to highlight my face and body at concerts where I know I’ll be very warm and sweating. They withstand the sweat and keep a gorgeous glow to my skin. I can’t use them on top of foundation though as they tend to move the products underneath them.
Combination / Acne
Review for: Mars
I love my Mars holographic stick. It is a really great highlighter for my skin color which is very fair. It has a pink-ish hue occasionally while shifting into more of a gold in the light. I can wear it subtly for daytime occasions or layer it on for going out if I am looking for an extra look. The stick is really huge so you are definitely getting your money's worth.
Dry / Dullness, Scarring
It was very pretty, but I wouldn’t say it was holographic. Mars was just kind of a hot pink flip and that was it. It is also difficult to put over foundation and becuase it is very hard, it’d difficult to do with fingers or a brush. I use it sometimes under foundation and it gives a nice glow and keeps my foundation locked because it is also quite tacky. There’s a lot of product (1 oz) for the price though which I really appreciate.
Dry, Combination / Acne, Dullness, Redness
Bristol, RI
Review for: Mars
This is, overall, very pigmented. In theory, it seems like it would be very nice and not hard to work with. It’s very easy to apply, but once you attempt to blend it, the champagne-y color takes more makeup OFF than working as a highlighter. I would buy this again if I was looking to maybe just use it on a no-foundation face, but not for the purpose of a highlighter on top of foundation.
Combination / Acne, Puffiness
Uppr Chichstr, PA
Purchased at: Sephora
I've always wanted to try one of Milks Highlighter Sticks, particularly in Supernova. But I was in Sephora for the Memorial Day weekend sale and saw their Holographic Sticks were half price but the new shade, Stardust is what caught my eye. A beautiful, glowing, iridescent pink with a slight Lavender shift would look gorgeous as a blush topper on my very fair skin versus an actual highlight I thought and I have quite a few highlighters almost identical to Supernova. Since it was half price, I decided to go for it. When it got delivered, I could not believe just how a large amount of product you actually get.. It will last me A VERY VERY long time. I was also impressed at how versatile it is. I like using it best at the end of applying my makeup by using my fingers to dab /blend it from apples if my Cheeks towards my temples (where I apply my blush) The first time I did this, it took my breath away at just how beautiful it looked. It gives my Cheeks this ethereal glow that is almost magical without looking over the top or top Greasy or oily. It's just gorgeous. I always use my fingers to apply, because I've read too many reviews that state it will remove your foundation if you apply sick directly to face. It also looks amazing dabbed on my eyelids if I'm using a base eyeshadow color on the pink or purple side. It gives my eyeshadow a cool color shift and also gives the lids a pretty Dewy/glossy look that doesn't crease it smear your eye makeup around, as long as you just dab on a light layer... It's all you need. The third way I often use it as a highlighter on top of my lipstick. Always in the center of my lips and it looks best when I'm doing an ombre look. My lipstick sealant actually keeps that on my lips almost as long as the lipstick. A lot of people remarked in reviews that this has to be talked often. I don't find that the case.. Especially if you use a setting spray and a facial mist to refresh throughout the day. Now, if you have a long day ahead, yes, it may need to be touched up. Since the actual stick is so large and cumbersome for travel, I actually sliced a layer of the top and put it in a small plastic travel container that is very travel friendly. Now at least I know, when the time comes that I decide to buy the shade Mars (it looks like it would be perfect highlight) I will only need to buy the mini size. Unless of course, I'm lucky enough to catch it on sale again. Seriously though, if you've been considering one of these, go for it. One of the things I love best is that heavenly glow is because of the skin loving oils in these sticks and I am head over heels with the Stardust
Mature / Fine Lines
MILK MAKEUP Holographic Stick uploaded by Alicia C.
This product is amazing. Its even more holographic when you top it with the alchemy palette by kat von d or any holographic makeup. Try covering your whole face, on top of your primer then puttibg ypur foundation on. Its sooo pretty. Adds the best glow. I know it sounds weird but trust me...try it.
Combination / Blackheads, Large Pores, Fine Lines
Niles, MI
Creates a beautiful Celestial glow. I use on the high points of my face on no makeup days or when I would be at the beach because using it over your makeup rubs your makeup off.
Combination / Acne, Blackheads, Fine Lines
Review for: Mars
i like to think of this product as the more intense shimmer sister of glossier’s topaz haloscope. i use this when i want more of a shimmer rather than glossier’s haloscope. there are really pretty pink shimmer undertones that work really well with the peach, sunny color of the MARS holographic stick. it’s a very shimmered and sunkissed look on medium-medium tan skin. i love it !
Williamsville, NY
Review for: Supernova
I got this product about a month ago and I used it for my alien costume! It was super cute and blended really well on top of my powder and foundation, which was a huge plus. The product lasted throughout the day and it had a nice finish to it. The highlight wasn’t too blinding, but in no way was it dull. The holographic finish looked natural and beautiful on the skin.

275 questions

Ask a question to the Influenster community...