BY MILK MAKEUP #70 in Highlighter

A highlighter stick that gives a hyper-lavender iridescent effect for an earthly aura. Swipe this highlighter on any skintone and wherever you want to create a prismatic look. Use Holographic Stick on cheeks, eyes, lips, and body. This multi-use stick provides a prismatic glow for an out of this world holographic effect. It's loaded with meteorite powder and twilight pearls that create a prismatic finish. Formulated with Milk Melt Technology this Holographic Stick instantly glides and blends into skin. Infused with mango butter, peach nectar, and avocado oil for lasting hydration. Just apply onto bare skin or over makeup. It is formulated Without: - Parabens - Sulfates - Phthalates This product is vegan and cruelty-free.

• MILK MAKEUP Holographic Stick is this really worth it? I ...2 Answers
  • This seems super amazing!!! Where could I pick this up? ...2 Answers
  • Never used this brand does it feel heavy on the skin or g...1 Answers
Buy on Sephora
  • "i love this highlighter so much the undertone has a pinky glitter to it but it does match your skin tone i almost find it as a less hot shiny master chrome the only problem i have with it is that you do have to blend it out a little more than you would have to with the powder or pan highlighter" in 31 reviews
  • "i absolutely love these highlighter sticks. i own both colors and definitely prefer the supernova for my fair skin, the mars really doesn't show that much and i prefer an eye catching highlight. the sticks blend easily and can be used all over your face and body." in 12 reviews
Teodora D.
Brooklyn,NY
Review for: Mars more...
I was sooo excited to get this product even though I read a bunch of bad reviews for it. The packaging and the colors looked too good to resist. (They really get you with the cute packaging)
I got the shade Mars and swatched it on my hand in Sephora. It looked sooo good and pigmented so I bought it. However, a few hours later the swatched completely disappeared. I applied it to my face when I got home and the same thing happened - it faded out too quickly. It’s definitely not a long lasting product.
The texture is very thick and hard to blend. It is almost impossible to apply it over your foundation or concealer because it wipes out the base of your makeup.
I’m not totally disappointed because I can use it on days when I don’t wear that much makeup on my face. I feel like it would be good to add a little glitter to a bare moisturizer face ot over bb cream.

It is a little pricey but it will last a long time.

Overall, cute packaging, good for natural/minimum makeup days but too thick and not long lasting.
Purchase at your own risk. I know it’s hard to resist...

Update: I wore it to work yesterday and it was barely visible. I reapplied it 3-4 times and still nothing.... dropping one star. Don’t purchase Mars if you’re looking for a brighter and more visible highlight. I wish I got the purple shade instead.
Sharon S.
Review for: Mars more...
I got the mini and it was a tiny product but how much highlighter can you possibly need. I have yet to finish one in my life. It has a nice subtle peachy glow to it. It says it can be applied over cheeks, bones, lips and eyes so far I only have tried cheeks. I like it for a more natural glow from within look. Quick tip do not apply directly to face if you have any sort of foundation or base on your face it will smudge it. I take my fingers rub highlight on them and then lightly pat on the spots I want to highlight. This method has worked the best for me but it’s a cute little highlighter and I will be picking up the lavender shade soon.
Jessica W.
Review for: Mars more...
I tested out Mars and Supernova on my hand when I visited Sephora and i loved them. I've been looking for highlighters with shimmer instead of glitter in them. These had such a nice sheen to them. I LOVED supernova but felt like Mars would be better for everyday use. They applied smoothly on my hands and looked beautiful. However when i took it home to use it on my face, it was definitely more difficult to apply over my makeup. It would wipe off my foundation. However i learned if you used your fingertips and warmed up the product then dab it on your face it works more perfectly... however that takes forever to build the highlighter on. I mainly use this highlighter when I'm not wearing makeup and want a nice glow on my face.
Christine D.
Randolph, NJ
Review for: Supernova more...
I'm a sucker for everything purple and highlighters are my recent obsession. This highlighter is a BEAUTIFUL color, but the formula is very finicky for me to work with.

I normally always wear foundation or a thick BB cream. You really can't layer this properly with foundation, sorry but I've been trying since I bought this product many months ago. You also can't set it nicely with powder on top, it takes away 99% of the "holo" effect.

It is very moisturizing and I have been trying to find ways to use it, since I can't return it at this point. I've been using it to make my full sleeve of tattoos pop, and it does a really great job! Doesn't last the whole day, though. It will rub off and I need to touch it up.

I have also used it by mixing it with my primer to get a holo glow effect, but I feel as though it impacts the quality of my primer so I don't really use it in this way anymore.

The ingredients are very nice and there is a lot of product in the stick though, so if this formula works for you then you are definitely getting the bang for your buck.

Bottom line, I really wanted to love this product but I should have returned it long ago.
Erin M.
Review for: Supernova more...
My first highlighter stick I've bought and I don't regret it! I was unsure of how it would look on me and It's very beautiful! I don't use it with much makeup already on so I can't speak for how it effects makeup already applied. I like to swipe it on and blend it with my fingers for a smooth transition. My favorite aspect of this product is that it melts into your skin so by the end of the day the product isn't as vibrant as it was when put on but personally I love that. If you want the color to stay just reapply! But it does last for the majority of the day!
Anna C.
I received the Mars mini in the MILK MAKEUP A Team Minis and I love the color: it's a semi-sheer fun take on your typical golden/warm highlighter. Its different without being too avant-garde for your everyday looks. I also purchased the lavender holographic stick later on because I am cool toned and love a good purple highlight. The downside to these is that they sometimes remove your foundation when you swipe them directly on. Using your fingers or a brush reduces this but it also reduces pigment. A fun new take on a product overall!
QUEEN L.
Milk is definitely all hype. The packaging is amazing and out of this world, but I was expecting a little bit more from the wow factor. Mars is a pretty everyday highlighter color that appears pink in the light. It's definitely far from orange. For the price point, you do get a lot of product. The only drawback is the actual stick itself and formula. Since it's in a stick form, you're basically rubbing the same wand on your face over and over again. I've noticed that small specks of dirt and lint are easily attracted to the stick which makes in unhygienic. Also the formula itself is very sticky and is not something you can easily blend out with your fingers. The highlight fades throughout the day so you have to keep reapplying it. Also not a fan of the strong plastic scent, which makes it very unappealing when it's so close to the face.
Emily J.
Review for: Mars more...
I actually really enjoyed this product. From previously having bad experiences, I was hesitant to give this product a try. But, to my surprise, this is one of the best products I have ever used.
To begin, I thought that I could wear this to my upcoming concert. However, I was wrong in so many ways. Not only could I wear this for a concert, I could wear it everyday.
Additionally, the color is wonderful! It isn't too bold yet it is beautiful on the face. I feel like this is the perfect color to wear on a day-to-day occasion.

paige w.
Review for: Supernova, Mars, Stardust more...
I love this product! The ingredients are great and the colors look beautiful. They can be used on the eyes, lips, or face. MARS (my personal favorite) has a gold-pink undertone. STARDUST is a pink color with a slight purple shift (I wear it as a natural glowy blush). SUPERNOVA has a purple-blue shimmer to it. Although I wouldn’t consider these “holographic” they are very pretty (I have every color). All of Milk Makeup’s products are made with quality, natural, vegan ingredients so you won’t feel bad layering this on!
Robyn S.
San Francisco, CA
Review for: Supernova more...
Thanks to the holographic trend I was really excited to try out this highlighter stick - as someone who prefers a more natural look the colour payoff was more sheer and subtle which I thought was perfect for me. In that sense, the colour is beautiful, but what knocks this product down a few stars is the formula. I find it really sticky and wipes off your makeup when swiping it on, rendering the stick format useless. Instead, I'll apply it using my finger and dotting it on areas I want to highlight.

I likely wouldn't purchase this product again, opting for a powder instead!
Heather F.
Is this product easy to get the hang of if you're a total newbie to highlighters? It seems quite intense...
Mariangeli P.
DORAL, FL
It is this suitable for oily skin?
Lily Y.
Portland, OR
What do you guys think about this product?
Veronica P.
Portland, OR
I was wondering if this is sort of like a highlighter for your face if so does it stay on long?..
Aneasha M.
Surprise, AZ
This product caught my eye on the Sephora website and I want to try it out. I'm just concerned because I am darker completed and I don't know if it will look right on me. Would this product look okay on a darker skin tone?