BY MILK MAKEUP #54 in Makeup Sponges

What it is:
An easy-to-clean gel applicator that doesn’t soak up makeup like a sponge, but glides it onto skin.

What does:
Dab + Blend helps makeup and skincare glide right onto skin with a non-porous applicator that won’t soak up and steal your product. Perfect for on-the-go use, it rinses off easily with soap and water and comes with a holographic carrying pouch for clean re-use anytime, anywhere.

What else you need to know:
As with all Milk Makeup products, Dab + Blend is cruelty-free.

• Anyone like this as much as beautyblender original makeup sponge...3 Answers
  • How does this compare to the beauty blender? I don't see how a si...2 Answers
  • Is this one better than the original beauty blender?2 Answers
Buy on Sephora
Amanda C.
Amanda C.
You. Better. Work!!!

Okay so i got this after peeping it in the new milk makeup voxbox because my beautyblender original makeup sponge is past due for being replaced and i wanted to be able to save 20 extra every 3 months for actual makeup. I was nervous as the reviews were less than impressive on here . I bought it on sephora this weekend and when it arrived the first thing i did was test my hands. One side milk dab + blend, the other the beauty blender. The milk makeup side took a little more time, alot less product but it came out alot more full coverage. Since then, i took to my neck to cover a few uh... marks my husband left. They were big, and dark and on the front and sides of my neck (no i dont think this is cute AT ALL but i find it relevant to the products performance so I'm not sparing any details) and now you cant even tell there was anything to start with . That took about 15 minutes, and now both hands have had time for the product to settle and soak in (didnt use primer) the hand that i used beauty blender on looks scaly in a sense and the hand with milk makeup dab + blend has settled into the fine lines but still looks vedy much full coverage . I currently have a breakout on my forehead so I'll shy away from using it on my face for now but if i go off of my experience today on my neck and hands, I'd say it's a win. Does it take more work than beauty blender? Of course! There's more product going onto your skin . Past that though, all i see are positives. Super easy to clean, less product being wasted, no replacement fees as you don't have to keep buying every 3 months. No replacement / less product waste = more money for other makeup. Um...HELLLLOOOO. that's a win! On top of all of that, i absolutely love that it comes with a little pouch to hold it in and keep it clean . The pouch has a holo effect and has 3 small tear drop shapes on one side and grooves of lines on the other. The actual silicone sponge itself has mulicolored glitter and has "milk makeup" written in white on one side and is translucent. The other side has no writing , but also has the glitter on the inside. The packaging the silicone and it's case comes with is holo and absolutely stunning! Seriously if you're thinking about it, dive in. If you end up not loving it , it's still a really pretty addition to your collection and can be used in case of beauty emergencies.
Elizabeth C.
Elizabeth C.
Louisville, KY
Beauty Junkie Expert
These applicators are very unique. All of them are the same so you don't need to spend 14 dollars on this one unless you're paying for the name or the cute design.
The cute design is what got me. But basically there's no instance where this has better quality ingredients or its made better than the cheaper versions. Thats hardly ever the case when it comes to cheap vs expensive beauty but its true here. They are all silicone wrapped silicone sponges.
Basically these are not beauty blenders. Don't expect them to be. You will be very dissapointed if you do.
Instead you have to spread the product around with your fingers or a brush (preferably clean fingers as the biggest point to all of this is to not waste product and sponges and brushes suck up a ton of product. And that isn't good when we are talking about expensive makeup). Then when you get it all spread out evenly to wear you want it then you go around and dab this kind of firmly but not so hard it hurts and it will blend it in more than your fingers did.
It's a really simple product that requires you to kind of forget about what you know and try something new in order to save your makeup and make it last longer.
This is very pretty and it's decently made. They are super sanitary and easy to clean. They don't suck up your make up and they do a decent job of finishing your blending.
It comes with a cute storage bag that you should use so the sponge doesn't tear because the moment it does its garbage. You can expect these to last 6 months to a year of daily use.
Overall it's a nice thing to have around if you want to be green, sanitary and not waste any of your cream or liquid products.
I recommend it if you have the patience to learn to use it right and if any of the things it offers are important to you.
You can purchase this specific silicone blender at sephora or milk makeup online or in stores at select locations.
Ashleigh M.
Ashleigh M.
White Plains, MD
Beauty Junkie Expert
Thank you to Influenster for sending me this for free in a VoxBox to review!
 Okay first of all, there are very little companies who can compete with Milk Makeup in terms of packaging. This applicator comes in the cutest little bag, and the applicator itself is glittery (which does NOT transfer) is the perfect size for your hands.
 Now I used this applicator to apply the Milk Makeup Blur Liquid Foundation (also given for free by Influenster!) and I have some thoughts. I put the foundation on the applicator itself then applied it to my face. I noticed that I use SO much less product then if I had applied using a sponge.
 However, when I attempted to blend out the foundation with this applicator, it did not work very well. It seemed to just spread the foundation around without helping it sink into the sink, leaving it to look unnatural.
 But I am giving it 4 starts because of the amazing packaging and the fact that it helps save and conserve product!
Joseline G.
Joseline G.
Riverside, CA
Beauty Junkie Expert
I received this for free from influenster for testing purposes and I actually liked it. I was a little nervous to try this out on a work Day because I wasn't sureif I was going to like it and if I would have one to redo my make up if I didn't. I used it with the milk full coverage foundation and it gave me a smooth finish. It was a little difficult to work with because of the little extra material on the edges so I can to cut it off (see picture). I also found it easier to work with if I folded it like a taco. I was able to get into places like under my eye, eyelids and nose area. For my nose I had to end up using a beauty blender because I didn't like the finish of it. I was impressed on how little foundation I needed to do my whole face! This does help using 50% less product but in today's world we need convenance and this does take a little longer to use but I love the finish of my face. The packaging was really cute and I love the glitter. I would suggest reshaping this into an actual beauty blender shape and then it would be easier to work with and you'll be able to get into the smaller areas.
Saowda F.
Saowda F.
Beauty Junkie Expert
I recently received this product as a sample from Influenster and Milk Makeup. I have to say this a very different tool from the beauty blender or any foundation brush. Of course this is Milk Makeup's version of the Sili sponge, but unfortunately, I'm not a fan of this product. I tried using this product as shown in the video on Milk Makeup's website and still did not like the finish. Basically, when applying the Milk Makeup foundation with this applicator it left streaks and made my makeup look patchy and cakey. In fact, I had to do twice as much work for the foundation look blended and even. It took way too long for me to blend out one side of my face. Eventually, I had to go over it with a beauty blender for the foundation to look completely blended. One positive aspect of this sponge is that it does absorb much product and once blended out evenly it does leave a medium to full coverage finish. However, I may try it again with a different foundation.  MILK MAKEUP Dab + Blend Applicator
Susan M.
Susan M.
Southbury, CT
Beauty Junkie Expert
That's a no for me, dawg. It slips and slides foundation around and leaves lines. I don't like how it applies foundation or concealer, or any cream product. I think though it's adorable and the packaging is adorable, it's not worth your money. I received this for free in my Vox Box but I haven't reached for it since I initially tried it out. The claim is that you don't lose any product in it, like you would in a sponge, but that's the whole point of the sponge. It absorbs product to provide a more even flawless distribution of foundation to make you look more flawless. This just slips and slides foundation all around into a hot mess that is your face. I think if you're that concerned about losing product in your sponge, be sure to dampen it before use so it absorbs less product, but the reason sponges work so well is because of that absorption. Save your money for a Real Techniques sponge or a beauty blender.
Caitlin K.
Caitlin K.
Kalamazoo, MI
Beauty Junkie Expert
I have really mixed feelings about this applicator. First of all, the applicator is beautiful. I love how glittery and shiny it is. When using this, it really does save on the amount of makeup that you're using because it doesn't soak up any of the product. However, I don't feel like the applicator leaves my skin with a desirable finish. Unlike a beauty blender, this doesn't really help press my foundation or concealer into my skin to create that flawless, airbrush finish. It really just layers my makeup right on top of my skin. When blending out cream, I find that this kind of pushes my other makeup around instead of blending it in with it. All in all, it has some good qualities but it doesn't really give me the look that I desire so I don't think that I would buy this again.
Stephanie A.
Stephanie A.
Raleigh
Beauty Junkie Expert
I wanted to love this, I really did. I was so excited to try it out. But after a few tries and wondering if it was me just using it wrong, it wasn't that. It's just not for me. It slides and smears the product around and you can see the lines and tracks it leaves behind. I was mortified one day when I thought I'd blended well but then got in my car and EEK! It was so bad. I've found I get better results by putting two small drops of Milk Makeup on my fingertip with a teeny tiny drop of tarte's Rainforest of the Sea Radiance drops, mixing it a little and then applying with my fingertips and blending with a sponge. Too bad. It's a cute little thing, just didn't work out.
Mirissa B.
Mirissa B.
Beauty Junkie Expert
I really wanted to love this applicator. It's cute and I like the little rainbow sparkles inside. There has been so much hype about similar applicators so I was excited to try this one. I'm sorry to say I did not like the finish at all. I used a minimal amount of foundation, since this blender claims to result in little to no product waste. What I found was that it didn't blend my foundation out well at all. It was just a very unpleasant experience and this is not for me.
*I received this product complimentary for review purposes. All opinions are my own.
Patricia T.
Patricia T.
Cold Spring , KY
Beauty Junkie Expert
I love this gel applicator! It was my first time using this kind of applicator and I thought it was going to take a long time to blend and dab my foundation, but I was really impressed by how quickly it blended! The size and shape are just right as well for applying the foundation under eyes and around the nose areas and the plus - super easy to clean, love it! I received this product complimentary from Influenster and Milk Makeup for review purposes, but all opinions are my own.
Christina T.
Christina T.
Cumberland, KY
Beauty Junkie Expert
Do these silicone applicator work or is the sponge better? If so, is the Milk brand a good one?
Brunna V.
Brunna V.
Cidade Ocidental-GO
Beauty Junkie Expert
Is this applicator better than the sponge?
Hailey M.
Hailey M.
How do I get this for free
Jamie W.
Jamie W.
Beauty Junkie Expert
Is this on par like the original silicone that came out?
Juliana R.
Juliana R.
04021
How big is the applicator?