BY MILANI

Meet the invisible but powerful answer to picture-perfect skin! Prime Shield Mattifying + Pore-Minimizing Face Primer softens the appearance of fine lines, large pores and flaws and creates a smooth canvas for makeup application. This translucent primer blends invisibly onto the skin, resulting in a beautiful matte finish.(Vegan).

Dimethicone, Disiloxane, Isononyl Isononanoate, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, HDI/Trimethylol Hexyllactone Crosspolymer, Silica, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Ethylhexylglycerin, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Butylene Glycol, Caprylyl Glycol, Sodium Hyaluronate, Hexylene Glycol.

• How well does it work for oily skin? I live in a humid an...1 Answers
  • Is this primer a good one overall? Water or silicone base...1 Answers
  • anyone else hate this product Milani Prime Shield Mattify...1 Answers
Buy on ULTA
  • "not greasy at all like it says. did a little bit to minimize pores and it did help my makeup go on smooth and matte. didn't notice any change in the longevity of my makeup" in 82 reviews
Katrina M.
At only $10, this primer is definitely budget friendly and was a great excuse to try it. I wanted to like it so badly. This product states it’s hydrating and oil-free, which would seem ideal for oily skin. To the touch, it feels like straight silicone. The product did not feel rub into the skin. Instead it felt as if it was just sitting on top. My makeup did go on smoothly and evenly, which was nice. And while my makeup did last a better half of the day, I noticed that I was extremely oily midday (I wasn’t even outside much).

All-in-all, I wasn’t too fond of this primer. I didn’t like the chemical smell and the fact that it didn’t absorb into the skin.
Melanie M.
maysville ky
I absolutely love this primer! It has kept my makeup on through a whole 12 hour while I was working in a factory. My pores was very minimum and it was very easy to use. When applied it makes your face feel really soft and I have used it with drugstore foundation up to high end and it still does what it’s supposed too. I am definitely going to buy again and would recommend this to a friend, it’s truely mattifying!

-this is after 12 hours of working
Kayla W.
I have tried the  Milani Prime Perfection Hydrating + Pore-minimizing Face Primer and liked it, but I have oily skin and needed something to mattify my face instead, so I decided to give this a try. It is clear in color and has a gel-like feel to it. Usually I'm someone who has to blot their face or touch up with some powder to take away the shine after a few hours, but not with this. My makeup was shine free all day even after a long day of teaching. I was so impressed! The only thing I've noticed that I don't like is that when I use this sometimes my face can look dry and I definitely don't have dry skin. So while I appreciate that this mattifies my skin, I don't want it to over mattify and make me look like I have dry skin. I don't know how well this does at pore minimizing because I don't have large pores. But overall, if you have oily skin and are looking for a mattifying primer at the drugstore, this is a good option.
Deanna M.
I need to use this a few more times but I do think I like it. First off it’s affordable which is always a plus. It does have a slip, silicone feel. Some foundations may not react well to that. As far as pore minimizing, I do notice a difference. Not an “oh my gosh!” difference but it does make them smaller. Oil controlling, I haven’t paid too much attention to my oils but I do think it helps control them. I got this because I had a long shopping day and I checked my face several times, I find I didn’t look as greasy as usual, or maybe I just had a non sweaty day! I only use a small amount and tap it into my trouble areas where there’s pores/where I get oily. Definitely will be using this more.
Kaitlyn M.
The Milani primers are all great and you can really never go wrong with them. The prime shield is my go to primer under a matte foundation. It hides my large pores so well and makes my skin look flawless! It has a sort of silicone feel to it but it’s not bad at all. The primer is VERY light on the skin and once you blend it in it feels like there is nothing there!
Lexy G.
Cambridge, OH
So I’m not in love with this primer, but it’s not terrible. I have really dry skin, and I feel when I put my foundation on top of it it clings to all my dry spots. But it does a really good job keeping my face matte. I more than likely won’t repurchase this just because of my dry skin. I would recommend this to more oily skin types
Amanda S.
North Wilkesboro
This primer was just OK. Its supposed to mattify your face but I just felt oily. I actually didn’t buy this, my friend loaned it to me and I would not ever buy this again. I felt like my foundation was rolling off my face especially in the heat. I would only recommend this if someone had extremely dry skin.
Ashlyn C.
Tucson, AZ
Get YSL Touché Eclat Blur Primer vibes from this but not as dewy being that it is matte. It does help keep my oils at bay but yet moisturizing enough for my dry skinned girls out there. Fills in Pores, affordable, oil controlling, makes makeup last longer... skip the YSL primer and cop this instead!
Katrina R.
I don’t think this did anything for my skin other than clog my pores. The pores on my nose looked smaller at first with foundation on but the more I used it, the more I started to break out on and around my nose. The rest of my face just looked like I wasn’t wearing a primer. This is a no go for me
Lindsey R.
Aurora, CO
Purchased at: Target
I honestly didn’t think this stuff would work as soon as I opened it. It has a silicone feel to it and in my experience, those are NEVER mattifying. Boy was I wrong! This stuff is amazing. I wore it over the cover fx blurring primer and went out for a night with my boyfriend and our best friends. Usually after about an hour or 2, my make up starts to break up on my chin and nose and I can to applying a little powder and that typically continues through the night.. not with this stuff. I applied a little powder 5 hours after putting my makeup on and that was it. I’m shocked.
Trish H.
Dillsburg, PA
Is this effective at mattifying AND pore filling or is it best for one of those things?
Renee N.
Sacramento, CA
It seems small for the price is it worth it?
Roxanna D.
Passaic, NJ
I love this primer but I want to try out some new ones. I have oily skin and visible pores. But I am open to any ideas because my skin gets dry as well.
Evangelina P.
How does this work on oily skin?
Kim A.
Santa Ana , CA
Does this primer actually keeps your face matte through out the day?