BY MILANI

Meet the invisible but powerful answer to picture-perfect skin! Prime Shield Mattifying + Pore-Minimizing Face Primer softens the appearance of fine lines, large pores and flaws and creates a smooth canvas for makeup application. This translucent primer blends invisibly onto the skin, resulting in a beautiful matte finish.
(Vegan)

• How well does it work for oily skin? I live in a humid and really...1 Answers
  • Is this primer a good one overall? Water or silicone based? Great...1 Answers
  • It seems small for the price is it worth it?2 Answers
Katie W.
Review for: Milani Prime Shield Face Primer 0.68 oz
I really like milani as a brand, I think they are one of the best at the drug store. When I saw this I got really excited since I am very oily. This was horrible though. It was nice that it didn't have a major silicone feel like the Smashbox one does, but it didn't help control my oils at all. I used it with my favorite foundation and when I got oily, my foundation completely separated. It never does that with any of my other primers. I was really disappointed because I wanted to like this one but I just couldn't. If you have oily skin I wouldn't recommend.
Rachel G.
Lees Summit, MO
I wore this to a wedding last night and boy it kept my contour and highlight on all night until I took it off. At first I was iffy about the texture since it was a bit like silicone, but once I put on my foundation and concealer it blended out nicely. My face was matte for most of the night and it did manage to hide my pores which was nice as well. I'm only giving it 4 stars because I have not worn it a lot but did get a good first impression from it.
Roxanna D.
Passaic, NJ
I love this primer. It gives me everything I want. Even though it is pore minimizing it is not gunky. It is smooth and silky and keeps my face matte for the most part (I have oily skin). I don't have to touch up with powder unless it's hot outside or I'm really just moving around alot. I'm excited to try the hydrating one for the winter since I get dry then. Definitely give it a try.
Arlene N.
Mesilla Park, NM
I absolutely LOVE Milani cosmetics! When I purchased this face primer I was kind of skeptical on using it considering I have only used one other, which happened to be a MAC face primer and tbh this one worked wonders. Way better then the one I had been using. Glides on kinda oily but sinks into your skin leaving your make up looking flawless! Try it , you'll love it!!
Chelsea P.
San Diego , CA
This is a dupe for the cover fx mattifying primer. That being said, neither one are really mattifying. If you have very oily skin this won't work for you. With combo skin I look a bit shiny at the end of the day. Makes makeup apply well and helps with larger pores. Recommend using this with a mattifying foundation and powder to reduce oil. Does not cause breakouts.
Emilee R.
Olathe, KS
Review for: Milani Prime Shield Face Primer 0.68 oz
This primer didn't do much for me. It did smooth my fine lines but other than that it didn't stand up to its claims. I have combination skin but on the dryer side and this has made my skin was more oily. It don't believe it made my make up matte or even made my make up last any longer than without a primer. This is an average product. I doubt I will repurchase.
Mary C.
Hinsdale, IL
Review for: Milani Prime Shield Face Primer 0.68 oz
I received this as a gift. It didn't have seal over the tip so I contacted customer service to see if I could get a sealed one and I would send them mine. They asked me to get the receipt, despite me telling them this was a gift. I can't get receipt. They would not help me.

I have been a huge Milani fan in the past..Now..Not so much. Terrible customer service.

Denise C.
Phoenix, AZ
This is an amazing product for the price. I have combination skin and this face primer went on flawlessly. It kept my face exactly how it describes itself, primes skin to be a smooth canvas. I felt that my other products applied better because of it. Super lightweight, definitely non-greasy and my face felt amazing and not bogged down with product.
Michelle M.
Review for: Milani Prime Shield Face Primer 0.68 oz
I truly love this brand, but I must say this is the first product by them I've tried and hated..
I have super oily skin and large pores and this didn't shrink the appearance of my pores or mattify/keep my makeup on longer.
Still love this brand dearly, but if you have very oily skin, I personally wouldn't recommend.
Juliana V.
Gainesville, Ga
This product did not work for me. First of all it has a strong nasty smell that is not pleasant. Second it does not feel good on my skin, it's hard to describe. And finally third, it did not work for me as a primer my foundation did not last on my skin. I love milani but this product was a no for me.
Renee N.
Sacramento, CA
It seems small for the price is it worth it?
Trish H.
Dillsburg, PA
Is this effective at mattifying AND pore filling or is it best for one of those things?
Roxanna D.
Passaic, NJ
I love this primer but I want to try out some new ones. I have oily skin and visible pores. But I am open to any ideas because my skin gets dry as well.
Evangelina P.
How does this work on oily skin?
Kim A.
Santa Ana, CA
Does this primer actually keeps your face matte through out the day?