Milani Amore Matte Lip CrèmeInfluenster Beauty Awards Winner 2017

BY MILANI #21 in Lipstick

Its time to put your lipsticks on notice. The Amore Matte Lip Creme has arrived. This revolutionary, highly saturated liquid-to-matte formula dries to a soft, velvety finish for fuller-looking lips. Its double-sided, flexible plush applicator hugs the contours of lips, working to lock in bold, opaque color. Non-sticky, smooth and ready for all-night wear, our Amore Matte Lip Creme is the ultimate transfer resistant kiss-me-matte.

Anny C.
I spent months looking for the perfect nude lip color. I have natural- medium light skin with a yellow undertone. So looking for a neutral color is tricky. I purchased the shade adorable, and was very satisfied with it. It's a pinkish-brown color which makes it a good everyday look kind of wear. It's the 'perfect' nude, but it's definitely the best I've tried on so far. First pic is without flash, second with flash. It glides on creamy then dries up matte after around 3 seconds. Though it sort of feels very drying. Exfoliating your lips before AND after is a must. Just like every matte lip tint out there, if your lips aren't prepped properly, the formula would accentuate every crack and line on your lips. The smell is very sweet, bordering on vanilla. It doesn't linger though. Wear time is decent enough. Doesn't wipe away when you scrub it off, so you'll need an oil based remover (like vaseline). Only con is my lips feel very dry after I wear it. And when you dab your lips with tissue/ a dry towel, it would pick up particles from it.
Lina C.
Let me preface this by saying I have a huge liquid lipstick collection. For this Milani Amore Matte Lip Creme, I own the colors 10 Adorable and 11 Precious.

Adorable is a gorgeous pinky nude and smells like cupcake frosting and Precious is a dark rosy pink that smells like strawberry milk. They glide on beautifully and last on the lips for a long time. However, they accentuate my lip lines and make my lips look wrinkly. You also need to be careful to apply a very thin layer, otherwise they will start to flake off after about 3-4 hours of wear. And since they don't layer well, you will need to remove them completely (which isn't an easy feat) and reapply after meals.

As far as drugstore liquid lipsticks, they're the best formula around. But if you can afford it, I would still recommend KvD Everlasting Liquid Lipsticks. The point of a liquid lipstick should be to not have to touch up the whole day, and the KvD ones do just that. I got mine at Walgreens at $8.99 a piece (before tax).
Nina I.
I bought these because everyone was raving about them and even my favorite YouTube makeup vlogger recommended them. I bought two shades that I thought looked absolutely beautiful and was so excited to wear them. That excitement lasted only about 2 minutes after I put a one of them on my lips. They spread so nicely, and then they dried down. I mean, they REALLY dried down. They started flaking and crumbling as I was pressing my lips together. It started getting in my mouth and all over my teeth. But, the colors were beautiful, so I was determined to try again. The next time I wanted to put them on, I exfoliated my lips and put my MAC lip primer on before putting it on. Once again, it started flaking. If this liquid lip works for you, that's great. But for me, when I compare it to other drugstore ones like color pop, the quality is just not good, and it's not worth the money. Now I have no idea what to do with them, except throw them away.
Crystal R.
Review for: Amore
I love Milani! I own lots of shadows and lipsticks from their line. My favorite products are definitely the Matte lipsticks! But I was super excited when they released these liquid Matte Lip Creams. I only have the shade Craze for now, since I wanted to test the formula.

It's a vivid coral that looks amazing on my olive-tan skin tone. It has a whipped, mousse-like texture that's very soft and creamy. No stickiness! This shade is extremely opaque on my highly pigmented lips and the cream dries to a very matte finish.

I wore it for 6+ hours outdoors, with lots of eating and drinking. There wasn't much transfer and I didn't even need to reapply. I have a problem with dry lips so I applied balm before using, and the formula held up and didn't dry out my lips. I love these Matte Lip Creams so much, I think I'm gonna get every shade! [Only 1 Walmart near me carries Milani, but Fred Meyer also stocks the brand.]
Gianna M.
I got the Mattallic Amore Lipsticks from the Milani site. I bought the shade Materialistic and chromatic addict. These are both beautiful metallic shades! Materialistic is a reddish brown (some say it is a dupe for Kyle's Reign, but I don't have that one) on my lips, and it looks very nice! It's a dark color that's really nice for fall. The lipstick itself goes on really smoothly and isn't patchy. Chromatic Addict is like gold, which is a little too much for me on its own, but if you like gold, go for it. Both stay metalkic once theyve dried which is so cool! I dont really love the smell, it is really strong and sweet, but it goes away quickly. They both stay on for a very long time and I had to use waterproof makeup remover to get it off! I bought these from the Milani website for $6 each, I just really wish they were in stores near me!
Angie V.
I live in New York City and even though this is a major city, it wasn't until very recently that I finally found these in store. It had been a long time since their release and I refused to buy them online because I am a firm believer in trying/seeing make-up in person if it's your first time using the product. So when I found these at Harmon's about a month ago, I went nuts.

I'm happy to report that they definitely live up to the hype. The pigment is out of this world for every color I've gotten. For the price, you simply cannot go wrong with these. They can easily beat the priciest of matte lippies at high end stores like Sephora in terms of quality and price.

I do find them to be a little drying, but that's with most matte liquid lipsticks.

I would re-purchase and I would recommend to anyone who wanted to try an affordable matte lip.
Meghan O.
New Bedford, MA
Review for: Amore
Great colors and price point if you're wanting to try something fun without breaking the bank. They aren't the most comfortable to wear but the color payoff is there if you don't mind layering. I needed two coats to get the color I wanted which might be why it feels a little funny. I have three shades; Matterialistic, Automattic Touch, and Matte About You (shown) and I've received so many comments when wearing. I've only noticed a little bit of transfer while wearing and make sure you exfoliate before using. A little primer would help with the staying power and settling in the lip lines.
addendum: after wearing the colors a little while longer I began to notice some flaking off. not horribly obvious and could be due to my not prepping my lips before hand. I didn't notice this effects previous wears so...don't skip exfoliation!!
Mary D.
The Milani AMORE Matte lip creme now comes with ten limited edition shades for the fall season. The colors are absolutely gorgeous! They range from a nude pink to a deep merlot. I picked up shades #32 Emotion and#37 Dearest. I did notice the color of the bottle and the color on the lips differ a little bit. It seemed to me the product on the lips appeared darker than the product in the bottle. This product is extremely pigmented and stains the lips, so truly only one coat is needed. The product also drys immediately once applied so be sure that you are ready when applying! This product is also extremely drying. I felt my lips shrivel up as soon as the product dried. So I highly recommend putting on lip balm before or placing some Vaseline over to help with the dryness. All and all a good matte lip!
Delaney M.
Overall, I'm a huge fan of these liquid lipsticks. I own 11- Precious and it was a really nice surprise. This was the first drug store liquid lipstick I own, and the formula is perfect. It's smooth and not patchy AT ALL. I have a pretty light skin tone, and I feel like these colors definitely work with all skin tones due to how opaque they are. The color I own is like a purpleish pink nude color (I'm awful at describing colors lol- bare with me) and it's so satisfying. (Bonus points for Milani as a whole being cruelty free and the packaging being overall pretty cute.) My only complaint is the smell, it's a vanilla scent. I love the smell of vanilla BUT that scent LASTS with the lipstick, so it does get a little overpowering. Overall, the color is amazing but the smell is a little too much.
Allie B.
Eden Prairie
As far as liquid lipsticks go, this is my Favorite.
P R O S | It's a great value and I love the longevity of it. It last all day with no bleeding. It is comfortable and not too drying. There's a really good color selection (I have 7 of them) and great color payoff. I love the vanilla scent (like vanilla frosting) and the applicator is perfect. Really good packaging.
C O N S | DO NOT REAPPLY this for touch ups. It can very cakey, especially around the outer corners, and very flakey. It is best to just remove and reapply from scratch. It is very difficult to remove, I suggest some type of oil.
O V E R A L L | This is still my fave because of how low maintenance it is. Just put it on and don't worry about it til after you eat.
Jen B.
Nesconset, NY
Do these last all day? Worth it?
Dusty S.
Dallas, TX
Where is the easiest place to get ahold of these? They seem to be very hard to find.
Z S.
Hayes, ['', '', '']
Are they very drying and do you need a lip liner with them?
Kendra H.
Where are these sold because I can't find them at any place around me?
Esmeralda G.
Joliet, IL
What color would fit me? I'm fair skinned, medium brown hair, brown eyes.