Midwest Pets Critter Nation Double Unit with Stand

by Midwest Pets

The revolutionary Critter Nation is the best small pet habitat available on the market today! Easy, no tools required assembly. Available in single or double level models. Design and ease of assembly make the Critter Nation a must-have for every small Pet Parent. It's made of a sturdy square tube frame with wire construction for security. Platinum gray hammertone finish is durable, attractive and easily blends with any decor. A stand with locking caster wheels makes maneuvering easy and raises the cage to a convenient height while providing extra storage for food, treats, toys and more. Full width double doors provide maximum accessibility to your small pet. Critter-proof dual-locking door latches provide secure, easy one-handed operation. A wide expanse shelf and full width plastic pan floor provides ample play area and prevents dangerous falls. Adjustable height shelves have a removable plastic insert for easy cleaning. Multiple attachment points allow ample space to hang accessories like hammocks, tubes and other toys. The best part is, Critter Nation is designed so that no tools are required for assembly. The cage uses interlocking panels to securely lock in place without the use of screws, nuts or bolts. Available in single story and double story models. Recommended for rats, chinchillas, ferrets, sugar gliders, hedgehogs, degus and similar sizes pets. Features at a Glance: Easily maneuverable stand with locking casters and extra storage Full width double doors provide easy access to your small pet Wide expanse shelf & full width plastic pan floor for added play area Multiple attaching points for accessories and toys Platinum gray hammertone finish is attractive and compliments any decor The double-story model features swing-up locking ramps to secure sections for cleaning cage, feeding & separating critters

What kind of animals wouls this be good for
Start your review of Midwest Pets Critter Nation Double Unit with Stand!
VANCOUVER, WA
Pet Lover Expert Level 1
We have currently 7 rats. We have two of these cages because they are amazing. Heavy, and heavy-duty. They are quite easy to put together, both on their own as you are building them, and then together to make a bigger cage. They are spacious, and have many addon options. So totally worth it if you are able to buy one.
Pet Lover Expert Level 1
I always recommend this cage to those who want to get rats! It's easy to put together, move around, and get into with the wide opening front doors. My rats love the space. Sure, they chew through the plastic panels... But they're rats! Of course they'll want to chew! Sure, their messes may slip out of the cage at times... But that's why you need to clean after them. Having pet rats mean you're their housekeeper! Potty training them helps too! The plastic can be replaced with metal or thicker material if all fails. A plus is the bottom shelf where you can store their bedding, food, and such. Bottom line is I love this cage, and I feel confident my rats are safe and happy in it!
Hawarden, IA
Pet Lover Expert Level 1
This cage is the best for a duarable, secure, and roomy setup for small animals! I actually have both a Critter Nation as well as a Ferret Nation cage, the only difference being the direction in which the bars run and the spacing is slightly smaller between bars on this cage. The Critter Nation is better for smaller animals (Chinchillas, rats etc.) especially when young to prevent any houdini acts of escape. We put 3 chinchillas in the Critter Nation, 3 ferrets in the Ferret Nation - and as long as you allow daily time out of the cage all the animals have seemed content and have ample room.
Westland, MI
Pet Lover Expert Level 1
This is what I bought for my pet rats and currently they're only using the top part of it and we're about to expand to the bottom. It has more than enough room for my two pet rats and they love it. It's easy to clean. Warning: It's a major pain to put together, took me 4 hours (I'm really good at building stuff) mostly because when it got shipped to me some of the parts got bent so it was hard to put together and some pieces didn't fit together.
Reston, VA
The only cage I'm interested in using for my two (rather spoiled) rats! I'd heard good things about Critter Nations and when I got two rats I decided to try one for myself. I got a double unit and have loved it from Day One. I found it easy to put together. The doors stay shut securely and I have never had to worry about my rats getting out. The half-inch bar spacing is great for my two girls, and the horizontal layout of the bars allows them to climb all over the place (which they quite enjoy). The shelves go in and out easily for cleaning, but I have never doubted their security once I've installed them. There's plenty of space in this cage for toys and enrichment. The bars make it easy to sturdily attach toys and hammocks. Having the big doors that allow you to access the whole cage has been great (I'm used to CritterTrail cages for mice, where you can only stick your hand in the small door) - makes both playtime and cleaning easier! The metal is sturdy and cleans easily. I expect it will hold up for a number of years. They're expensive cages compared to the price of a rat, but well worth it for the functionality and enjoyment they provide.
Pet Lover Expert Level 3
1,139 reviews
A friend of mine has this critter mansion for her pet rats and they absolutely love it!! You can move the pieces around to make different spaces and it's super easy to connect toys, bowls, hammocks, etc to!
Hamburg, NY
Pet Lover Expert Level 1
These are so awesome. My friend has one of these for her chinchillas and they absolutely love how much space and freedom they have within the cage. So much versatility to change it up for them every so often. And its super easy to keep clean. You get what you pay for this thing lasts FOREVER
Hamilton, AL
Pet Lover Expert Level 1
Ive never had any of my fur babies escape from this. Its made really sturdy and it is really spacious. Be sure to have a rubber mallet handy when you put it together though. It can get warped when being manufactured and getting shipped.
Pet Lover Expert Level 1
I love this cage!! It is worth the money. They bottom shelf is great to store food/fleece/toys on. The actual cage is great because the entire front opens up. It makes it super quick and easy to clean.
Pet Lover Expert Level 2
This is an awesome cage , very big and tons of room. I like that the front is two doors that swing open so you have no issues with getting in to clean, rearrange or handle you furry friends. I took the platforms out of mine because i have sugar gliders and they a ton of toys and things for their cage. I also had one of these cage set ups for a pair of chinchillas with all the platform in. I covered them with fleece slide on kind pillow case sleeves so it was easier to clean and i never had an issue with them chewing on thw plastic platfoms. Easy to assemble the only problem i had with this set up on bothe the ones i have when you have a double unit these cages are so heavy the legs/ shelf underneath gets weak and wobbly. One of them we repaired and eventually we took the legs off and my husband built a sturdy stand for it.