BY MIDOL #46 in Pain Relief

Midol Complete Caplets provide relief of many symptoms suffered during your menstrual period. It contains a unique combination of three active ingredients. The maximum strength of acetaminophen per dose as a pain reliever, caffeine to help relieve both bloating and fatigue, and an antihistamine to help relieve swelling due to water-retention during your menstrual period.

• How many pills do you take and how effective are they?6 Answers
  • So...this is going to be way tmi. But I'm going to ask anyway. My...1 Answers
  • What are the secondary effects? How often do you have to take it?1 Answers
Jeannine L.
Philadelphia, PA
I used to swear by Midol for menstrual cramps, bloating and discomfort cause by my period! But through the years have noticed some sort of change, it doesnt work as well as it used to (in my opinion) dies nothing for my bloating and discomfort anymore, even lessening the cramp pains is a hit or miss. I eventually began to try different menstrual pain meds & found 1 that fixes every issue in 1 pill instead of me having to double down on Midol and tylenol just to make sure it does what it claims it'll do! I would deffinately TRY Midol 1st because it may work wonders for you, but i just havent seen great results! Another dislike is the easy to open box, which makes me nervous with having small children constantly in & out of my home, just keep up and out of reach so they can't get into them! Best of luck and I hope this helps anyone thats struggling like i was! Midol Complete
houda M.
I have different types of headaches.....sinus, stress, etc & for years carried 2 - 3 types of OTC headache reliever with me. I had headaches almost every day. From time to time, my Dr would check things out to make sure nothing major was going on, & luckily tests came back negative for major problems. I was advised to find OTC pain relievers that would work for the headaches. At the start of the pain, I'd choose one of the pain relievers - if it worked that day, I was good to go!! If not, I'd have to wait until I could take another brand of pain reliever to get relief. I recall one hot, Summer day.....I had a headache AND my ankles were swollen!! I was peering at the pain relievers & happened to notice Midol. I recalled it had a little something in it to relieve water retention. From then on, it didn't matter what type of headache I have, Midol takes care of them ALL!! It's the only one I use for headaches. It's super effective!!
Blake S.
St Petersburg, FL
3 stars because my cramp levels are bad, I mean almost unbearable to where I can't do anything all day and I take this to get some relief; and I get more relief out of tylonal! and this stuff is supposed to be made for cramps, it takes what feels like hours to work and there's still a strong pain there and on top of that it's expensive, better off with off brands
Amanda H.
After complaining about a few symptoms I've been having, my man actually went out of his way to grab this for me. It was $7 dollars. Around this time of month, I never have much of an appetite so I made the mistake on taking these on an empty stomach. Big mistake. They have caffeine in them so I felt as if I had drank an energy drink so eating is a must. But my quality of life is definitely enhanced because of these. I usually don't take any type of aspirin but if you get desperate enough you will. Will buy these again.
Hailey H.
Clinton, WI
Use them when I have normal aches and pains and use them when I have severe cramps or headaches. Works fast. Works great. My boyfriend has even taken them when he’s hurting if he goes too hard at the gym. Highly recommended
Stephanie M.
I am personally someone who will take Tylenol or something for pain but this product does my body really bad. I don't know why but I cannot drink these pills. they make me shaky and feel very, very weak. i do not recommend this product if you don't take any pills and you suddenly got cramps for your period. DO NOT TRY IT. try something else because your body might not be able to handle this, everyone's body is different.
Meriah R.
Chicopee, MA
For when I am in pain Midol is my go to. Midol helps with body cramps/aches/etc. Usually I will not take Midol for any headache I have because it is not fast acting for me. It is great for soreness/stiffness and will help greatly to move on throughout your day. Just don't expect instant relief. Overall, it relieves all my pain better than some pain killers and will leave me refreshed.
Danielle K.
Annandale, VA
I suffer from a condition called Endometriosis, which leaves my in great pain in the week up to and including the week of my period. These pills help, however they do not include Motrin which is the best reliever of that type of pain. They will help but you are better off with Advil or Aleve, than these pills. Caffeine can also upset you stomach if you are not used to it
Janae K.
I love midol and cannot live without it when I am on my period. It’s seriously knocks out my cramps so quickly and helps me to feel normal even when my body is going through all of that pain.
Ashley B.
Ridgecrest , CA
I'd first like to start by actually thanking this product because seriously, I wouldn't have been able to survive my entire womanly experience. It's affordable and widely available, sometimes even in gas stations. I ALWAYS have Midol in the house but the extra strength is what dreams are made of.
Macaiah P.
indianapolis
How many pills do you take and how effective are they?
Janice S.
What are the secondary effects? How often do you have to take it?
Rebecca W.
Independence , MO
When I have the cramps, I am only relieved by heat and 4+ advil. How does this compare to those techniques? I am severe.
Amanda H.
So...this is going to be way tmi. But I'm going to ask anyway. My periods have always been very mild and light. Like 1 to 2 days. The last 3 months have been weird though. Before every period, I know its coming because I'll have insane hot flashes while I sleep. I will wake up soaked. I started menstruating when I was 11 and my periods have always been fine for 10 years, Usually never needing an asprin. But lately they've been pretty intense. Im bleeding heavier. My 35 day cycles have become 28 (which is significant to me)and I can literally sleep for almost a full day because I'm so fatigued. Ive never cramped so bad like this before so I was wondering about PERSONAL experiences with this product? I'm not really willing to waste money on something that doesn't work. I've never used this before so anything helps. Should I be expecting hormone changes that would cause this?