Microsoft Xbox One Stand Alone Kinect Sensor uploaded by MERZAK B.Microsoft Xbox One Stand Alone Kinect Sensor uploaded by MERZAK B.Microsoft Xbox One Stand Alone Kinect Sensor uploaded by Jenny F.

BY MICROSOFT #21 in Consoles & Gaming Accessories

With kinect for xbox one, command your xbox and tv with your voice and gestures, play games where you are the controller and make skype calls in hd. Be recognized and signed-in automatically, and use your voice to find your favorite entertainment, snap apps, switch instantly and start recording game clips. You can even broadcast your gameplay live with picture-in-picture. Kinect for xbox one has a 1080p hd camera, advanced infrared technology and a microphone array with noise isolation for maximum precision in capturing sound and motion. Plus, get a token to download the newest game in the award-winning dance central series, dance central... see more...

Sarah C.
Victorville , CA
I love the Kinect sensor! It used for games that involve censoring your whole body such as dancing/adventure games! However I feel that sometimes it can be hard for the sensor to detect you! You have to have a certain amount of space between you & the sensor. So often I had to rearrange furniture just to play. But other then that once it detects you, you don't have to worry about it losing the signal. It does a great job of capturing all body movements
liz T.
New Britain, CT
I purchased the Kinect a few years ago when it first got released. It was the hottest items for a gamer. Now it just sits on the box collection dust. It worked very well, I bit pricey not sure what is the price now. Maybe one of this days will take it out and play with it.
Trish M.
I love my Xbox One Kinect. It is great for when I am streaming from my console or if I decide to not plug in my mic and just talk through my kinect(though not everyone hearing me will agree with that option since it can be loud on the other end). The camera is great and picks up everything in the area in front of it very well as well as any noise being made near it.
Abbie Q.
Gamer Expert Level 1
I honestly totally had the Kinect idea when I was playing DDR back in the day, I was always thinking it would be cool if it was able to monitor all of your dance moves....and now they are able to! The Kinect is super fun although sometimes placing it can be tricky (mine has fallen over several times because it moved to far up and "lost it's balance)
Brittney C.
Marion, AL
The Kinect sensor was really cool when it came out, but privacy was a huge issue as it was “always listening”. But the idea of being able to completely voice control your Xbox was awesome. I used my Kinect mostly with the game dvr. If I got a cool game footage I wanted to record I could just be like “Xbox record that” and it would record the last 30 seconds or so.
Lisette M.
Lithia , FL
We were not big fans of the kinect. We used it a few times but you really have to be right in front of it for it to sense you. It has been sitting on the TV collecting dust. Not worth the money.
Ashley P.
Modesto, CA
Gamer Expert Level 2
The Kinect is in theory a good idea but I never found any use for it. I liked that it would see or hear me and sign me in however my husband plays more than I do and he hated when it would sign me in. I'm sure if you play games that actually use the Kinect you would love but I never did.
Javier S.
Dundalk, MD
It's works well the only thing wrong with it was the price and that most mainstream games don't really have a use for it. It's go well with my living room setup and makes look "cool" when I use while people are over.
Keri Z.
I have become a big fan of the voice controls that come with owning a Kinect. Being able to walk into the room and say "Xbox On", and then being able to direct Xbox One to the game I want to play, even before I am am sitting down and have the controller in hand is just really convenient. Its a bit weird talking to your console at first, but give it a week or two and it becomes as natural as pressing buttons. Not only is it really convenient, its also faster than using a controller. Another big plus is Kinect being able to automatically recognize each user and automatically selecting the console settings for that particular user.

Sure, you can still do a lot of the things even without Kinect, but it won't be as easy and convenient as the Kinect commands. I really have to give credit to MIcrosoft on this front. They took Kinect and made it FAR more than just motion controlled gaming. Clearly a lot of thought went into how to make this console as simple and easy to use as possible and having Kinect really makes all the difference in the world. I just can't imagine using an Xbox One without it now.
Jason W.
Union, NJ
Many people give the Kinect a very bad name. Perhaps it was because it was originally bundled with the Xbox One, forcing the price of the bundle to skyrocket out of many people's price ranges. But for me, I can honestly say that I do not think I could use my Xbox One without the kinect. The voice commands are fantastic. There's something really great about walking into your place and just saying "Xbox On," then having your Xbox + TV + Audio System all come on at the same time. There have been times where I have brought my Xbox One with me to a friends house without the Kinect, and I've always found myself saying commands and forgetting that I did not have my Kinect with me. Just goes to show you how used to the device you become.
Christina C.
Mission, TX
Does anybody actually have the kinect installed on their xbox one?
Alexandra W.
Does anyone else feel like you have to scream at the kinect for it to work?
EvaaMariee L.
Brooksville, FL
Where can I buy one of these.. ?
Anne J.
My sons birthday is coming up and he wants the Kinect, is it worth buying? How useful is it? He is into racing games and RPGs.
Tyler S.
Joplin, MO
Gamer Expert Level 1
Is the kinect on xbox one really worth it? I bought the original xbox one without the kinect and really wondering if I should buy this or not