BY MICROSOFT #58 in Consoles & Gaming Accessories

Energize your game with the xbox 360 play and charge kit. When power is running low, you can charge while you play for non-stop gaming. With up to 35 hours of battery life, you ll say goodbye to disposable batteries forever. see more...

• Isn't there a charging base you can use instead of pluggi...1 Answers
Ashley P.
Noblesville, IN
These are okay. if you charge these and have a more expensive headset (such as turtle beaches) you can't charge, and talk at the same time. well, you can, but theres a really annoying feedback sound that comes with talking. it's great if you don't have rechargeable batteries, or your rechargeable batteries aren't charged. but honestly, you're better off investing in a bunch of rechargeable batteries than buying this. at least if you have a ton of rechargeable AA batteries you can still use them for other things, and you can have backups available. especially if you have multiple different consoles, it's great to have backups. if you only use the standard mic that comes with your xbox, then by all means buy this. because you won't have any issue. you can even have an empty battery pack plugged into this and still be able to play.
Alexandra G.
I didn't want to buy rechargeable batteries, cause I knew I would manage to lose either the batteries or the charging stand, so I got this instead. About $20 dollars, I got mine on sale for just over $13, and its okay. Feedback when I plug in my Turtle Beaches, but doesn't interfere with them working. The battery lasts about 5 hours of continuous gameplay. Mine is a bit old so I have to plug it in more frequently. Charging cord is long enough that I can be a comfortable distance from my monitor and console. Its a good backup, especially if you are travelling or competing and need a tethered controller.
Morgan S.
Summerville, SC
When I got my Xbox I splurged a little with getting a Chat Pack, however this little kit should have been in the cart with the rest. I didn't realize at the time that my controller didn't come with this (although some do now). After going through more AA batteries than I can count I bought this beauty. It not only cleaned up the floor space between myself and the console, but it proved to be a time saver. No more hunting for batteries or hooking up the wired controller. The batteries have a stellar lifespan, both for usage and recharge-ability.
Hannah M.
With this, you don't have to always need batteries. The rechargeable battery will make everything about playing endless hours of video games possible. The cord is long enough to sit a decent distance from your system. The light on the charger itself will glow red when charging, and green when fully charged, ensuring you will never overcharge your battery. If you don't have a back to your charger, this will also double as a power source, making an otherwise unusable controller functional.
Michelle G.
Villa Rica, GA
Gamer Expert Level 4
I definitely prefer these over buying batteries for the controllers every couple of months. They have a ton of battery life to them and if it starts to die then all you have to do is plug it in. They will eventually quick working though, but it took mines years to get to that point. The good thing is that even though the battery pack stops charging the connector cable will still work so you can still use the controller without having to revert back to batteries or buy a new charging kit.
Mattie H.
Phoenix, AZ
I don't know what we would do with out a play and charge kit. My household uses a lot of batteries, so it gets costly. Its great, controller is dying, no stopping to find more batteries. Just plug it in and play while your controller is charging. It saves you time and money.
Tiffany s.
Volcano, CA
Ok... this charging system sucks... go buy some rechargeable batteries for like $18 yes it's pricey but you only pay that once and you can reuse rechargeable batteries so so many times... it's worth it in the long run. I bought 2 of these both broke....
Megan M.
Buena Park, CA
So where to start.. It's around 20 dollars for this kit.. It works for six months then it breaks.. You can't find it.. It'll break in the cord or it magically wont connect to your controller.. They make them cheap so it doesn't last so they keep eating your money... Just buy a corded controller or use batteries it actually is cheaper in the long run.
Catia G.
Sauk Village, IL
Must have for constant Xbox users. I've had mine for over two years and still working. My cable was extra long, which was very convenient. Mine was only $20. It's worth the money considering how often you have to buy batteries. The battery life is also pretty long when fully charged.
Mikayla S.
Iowa City, IA
I loved this untill it died for good 2 years later but up till then it lasted for a long time and had amazing battery life idkwhat its talking about 35 hours mine lasted for about 54 hours and it made my gaming more fun without having to stop and change batterys
Annette D.
Edgewood , MD
Isn't there a charging base you can use instead of plugging the controllers in?