BY MICROSOFT #10 in Tablets

Microsoft Surface Tablet
  • "so i brought a tablet during black friday while they were on sell and i never really got the meaning of using a tablet rather then a labtop.....but i must say i love my tablet it does most of what my tablet can do and i don't have to carry around my labtop with me too school i can just stick my tablet in my bag" in 8 reviews
  • "There are all the features a tablet should have plus little bit of computerness to make it great such as the keyboard, the USB port which is very useful and the desktop function that lets u have the feel of a computer in your hands" in 8 reviews
  • "The battery life is insane, charge it once and you're good to go for the whole day no matter what you're doing. " in 6 reviews
  • "It is super light weight which is great because I use it so much and as a college student always have it in my backpack." in 5 reviews
Mary R.
I have the Microsoft Surface Pro 4, I bought it after my graduation from high school. I knew that I needed a reliable laptop for the university since the majority of my work was going to be on my laptop. I bought this and was amazed! I love how simple it is, and how great it is for everyday use. I am so glad that I bought it. I do not know what I would do without it, especially now since I am at university.
James S.
I recently decided to switch from a MacBook Pro to the Surface Pro. Being a die hard Apple fan, this was hard to come by. However, I started to get tired of trying to do college projects on an expensive laptop that didn't really have much to offer but typing. So I decided to give the Microsoft surface Pro 4 a try. I purchased it with the snap on keyboard and an urban armor case in January and I haven't looked back. For the record, I did purchase the cheapest model so it does not have all the bells and whistles. However, it is still an amazing little tablet. Plenty of apps and support, long lasting battery, very fast, and incredibly convenient. I will never go back to Apple again for sure. I highly recommend this for any college student.
Kayla J.
Muncie
I love my Surface Pro 4. I've been using it as a laptop for college for the past year, and I think it does an excellent job with all the college things I use it for. The only problem I have is that since the keyboard snaps onto the tablet, it's hard to sit in bed, or any nonsturdy surface, and use it because it is not very stable.
Kimberly Z.
San Antonio, TX
So I have the Surface 3Pro and I absolutely love it. I am using this to write the review at the moment by the way. It is a 12' inch which makes it easy to carry on my backpack when I go to class and I love that it works just like a laptop not just a tablet.
Alicia W.
New Britain, CT
I bought this surface when I was taking classes at the University of Connecticut. It made working from home easier with its user friendly apps and entire system. Definitely would recommend purchasing the additional keyboard attachment because sometimes typing on the defaulted screen keyboard is difficult. Otherwise, its a great product and their customer service is phenomenal!
Sukie J.
Livingston, CA
I have the original Microsoft Surface RT tablet. This tablet was useful a couple years ago when I had purchased it and it was fairly new. I loved it and it has an amazing battery that lasts all day. However, now this tablet has become outdated. For example, it cannot run Google Chrome. In addition, it runs very slowly and it freezes a lot. I would recommend buying a new version of the Surface or the Surface Pro. These tablets do last long and are reliable.
Emily W.
Manteca, CA
Techie Expert Level 1
I LOVE Microsoft and this tablet is amazing! I do not have the keyboard but my husband does so I just borrow his when I feel like it HAHA! It takes great video and photos. There are tons of cool apps in the windows store. It comes with one of my favorite Painting Applications "Fresh Paint".
Gladys A.
After being given an android tablet and an ipad at work, I had began to think that maybe I just didn't care to use a tablet for anything other than light web browsing or the occasional game. Two weeks after getting a Microsoft Surface, I'm sold. After running the OS and app updates (as I do with any new device) I immediately saw the potential of this tablet. First of all, I love that it, running Windows 8 RT, it syncs my settings (IE favorites, etc) with my Windows 8 desktop and laptop. I am a heavy Skydrive user so having that functionality right there built-in in is really nice for me. The gestures and fluid motions of this device really have me hooked. The screen is great and being slightly larger than the ipad is a good thing. It allows you to split the screen with two different apps open at the same time. Very handy to have you IM client, music controls, or email up while watching a video or surfing the web. I could go on and on but I'm going to stop here and just say this, if you are looking for a great tablet that is built solid, looks fantastic, and comes loaded with the latest version of Microsoft Office, do yourself a favor and pickup a Microsoft Surface, you won't be disappointed!
Mary H.
Charleston, SC
Full disclosure: I own a Macbook, an iPad, & an iPhone & am an Apple loyalist. However, without the ability to use Microsoft Office on my iPad, I can't allow myself to classify it as anything but a toy/recreational product. & secretly, I was a sucker for marketing & fell in love with the Surface commercials... so I was thrilled when I was given the chance to spend some time with the product for a work project.

PROS (mainly as compared to iPad): USB 2.0 jack (I easily accessed my external hard drive), double the storage on base model (32 vs 16 GB...so no more constantly deleting photos, videos, & apps simply because you didn't shell out an extra $100 at the start), kick stand (I wasn't forced to prop it up against a pillow or pile of books, MICROSOFT OFFICE (I can work on the go without having to lug around my laptop), keyboard touch cover (KTC) doesn't require bluetooth or a USB connection, aesthetically pleasing (I love the bright blue KTC).

CONS: KTC is a pricey add-on at $100 (I stupidly assumed it was included), KTC takes some getting used to & seemed to work less efficiently the faster I typed (so a more expensive ($129) type cover may be necessary if you're going to use the Surface for work), Microsoft Office Products are lacking, software/OS have numerous kinks & doesn't run as smoothly as you expect.

In short, this product as a lot of potential, but there are too many quirks that prevent the Surface from being the tablet of my dreams. Hopefully the Surface Pro will live up to its potential without too much of a price hike.
Shawn R.
Dewitt, MI
Techie Expert Level 2
I like the Surface tablet because of its windows operating system. Microsoft has done a great job at incorporating what a lot of other tablets are missing as far as everyday, normal capabilities like easily typing up a document. That is a bigger deal than it sounds.
lisa i.
Is it worth it to buy one of these? I really want one but not sure if its worth it? If not what other Tablets would you recommend?
Leslie T.
Spartanburg, SC
This or iPad?
Jessica D.
Lacey, WA
What is your ABSOLUTE FAVORITE feature ?
Katherine A.
Kent, WA
Do you think this will give the Ipad a run for it's money?
Olivia K.
Does it bother owners that you can't physically click the keys?