BY MICROSOFT

Microsoft Surface 2: Mix work and play with a tablet that juggles business or homework just as easily as it keeps pace with your gaming and Skype chats. The touch-optimized version of Microsoft Office RT keeps you productive on the go, and the built-in kickstand features just the right angle for viewing, whether on a table or your lap. see more...

Ashleigh C.
Kalamazoo, MI
I prefer the surface over all other tablets out right now. Of course this one is a bit old by now, but I loved it when I had it years ago and miss it. I had to get a new (cheaper) tablet after the motion detector broke so my screen wouldn't flip from portrait to landscape. The Windows App store is lame, but everything else is great. I used it for school but it handled games well. It is on the pricier side (or was) and when it broke the insurance (from the store) didn't give me enough to replace it.
Dora G.
MESA, AZ
I bought this tablet for work because it comes with Office, which is a must for me. However. after a few months of having it it crashed due to an update. Took it to the Microsoft store & got it replaced. Worked fine until a month ago when the 2nd tablet crashed again because of an update. After much struggle, & many, many, many, many reps/technical support agents I finally got the 2nd tablet replaced. However this left a bitter taste in my mouth which made me think that, maybe most surface tablets a faulty. Or Microsoft needs to work on their updates.

Would I recommend this product? I used to yes, lately I don't mention it anymore.

Cons: 2 of my tablets have crashed due to software updates.

pros: Small/compact design let's you carry it in your purse or backpack. Doesn't take up much room on a desk. Comes with Office which includes. Microsoft Word, Excel, OneNote, & PowerPoint.
Katherine G.
I'm so glad I choose this over a regular laptop. It is easy to transfer from home to school because it iSight weight and slim. It also is very cute and easy to use. I love watching Netflix on it because I can take the keyboard off and still e joy a movie. It also doesn't hear up like a regular laptop so I feel safe having it on my bed.
Katelynn P.
Poteau, OK
I really like my Microsoft Surface 2 tablet however there are a few bugs that need to be worked out. However, I am not entirely sure if it is the tablet's fault or perhaps the websites. Also the speaker could be improved upon and if you do not have the surface specific keyboard then it really limits the function of the tablet itself.
Jessica G.
I've had my surface for about 2 years now and although i love that its compact and has all of the microsoft programs already pre-installed, i really regret purchasing it. The reason being, with my student email, i can now get all the microsoft programs for free & this tablet has caused me a lot of headaches. It glitches SO much and it just gets annoying when you're at school trying to get stuff done. For the price i paid, i know i could have got something that would've satisfied my needs much better. Sorry microsoft, not a big fan of this one.
Samantha G.
Old Bridge, NJ
I love my surface! I am a college student who doesn't like carrying around my laptop to class so this light weight surface is perfect! I have the keyboard that connects as well to take notes on and the USB port allows me to hook up to my printer to print anything I want !
Kate W.
Surface 2 is great, runs 99.9% of everything a laptop can. HUGE drawback, especially for anyone who uses excel frequently or is a college student... You CANNOT run Excel add-ins!!!! Very frustrating to not have known this. Otherwise it is a great substitute for a laptop.
A T.
The processing speed is decent enough. The screen ppi at around 200 is not the greatest but acceptable. What is making this product less favorable is that the Windows RT OS only allows the user to down and install application from the Microsoft store with very limited selection. It is not my choice of tablet to get among the similar products from the stores.
Erica L.
Edison, NJ
Very compact and easy to use. The folding stand seems like a very solid piece of the tablet and not flimsy. It is a little on the heavier side but easier to use if you are familiar with microsoft operating systems. The tablet itself also seems very sturdy. Really like that it has a split screen option.
Shelby T.
Raleigh, NC
I think this product is great in theory but what Microsoft itself is lacking is an app store that is comparable to the Apple Appstore. I would not recommend this tablet to my friends. Splurge for an iPad if you can.