Michter's Rye Whiskey Straight Single Barrel Us*1 uploaded by Elizabeth R.

BY MICHTER'S

America’s first whiskey distilling company, Michter’s rich history dates back to 1753 when a farmer in Pennsylvania’s Blue Mountain Valley distilled his first batch of whiskey from hardy rye. At one point a Master Distiller left his family’s well-known distillery to join Michter’s so he could be at a smaller, less cost-conscious company where he could make the finest whiskey, cost be damned. We continue this grand distilling tradition in Kentucky by never releasing our whiskeys until both our Master Distiller Willie Pratt and our panel of whiskey tasters deem them ready. In fact, our whiskey is often much older than the age statement on the label. At Michter’s we produce single barrel ryes, very small batch unblended American whiskey, very small batch bourbon, and single barrel bourbon. see more...

Review (1)
Elizabeth R.
West Columbia, SC
Not the best bottle I’ve ever had but it’s bottle I’m able to find reasonably easily at your friendly neighborhood liquor store. I think it’s a little pricey for what it is but not crazily so. I wouldn’t buy it again but I like it well enough to keep the bottle and use as an entertaining bourbon.