Michael Angelo's Eggplant Parmesan Frozen Entree

by Michael Angelo's

Michael Angelo's® Eggplant Parmesan Frozen Entree.
Uncompromisingly Italian-Style™.
Eggplant parmesan with freshly cut eggplant, imported parmesan & romano cheeses & vine-ripened tomatoes.
Small batch from scratch™.
Serving suggestion.
Absolutely no preservatives.
Microwavable.

How long would you heat this for in a 700 watt microwave?
Start your review of Michael Angelo's Eggplant Parmesan Frozen Entree!
Marci B.
Marshall, NC
I've been eating Michael Angelo's eggplant parmesan for years! Always loved it! Never cared about whether the price increased would always buy it anyways. I evrn could overlook the fact that they don't peel the eggplants. I always felt the prices were reasonable & comparable to other frozen entree's. However since the beginning of this year, getting & eating my favorite eggplant parmesan entree is like hit or miss. Either I get a great entree with nice, thin, EVEN SLICES if eggplant with that **INCREDIBLE SAUCE** that No other frozen entree can boast & just the right amount of cheese(omg it's heavenly!) OR I get an entree that has 3 slices of eggplant ... 2are nice kinda thin but still "WONKY" then omg here it comes!! I get this uggghhh! Disgusting THICK CHUNK OF INEDIBLE EGGPLANT THAT I CANNOT EVEN GET A KNIFE THRU.. It's like night & day.. The absolute worst part for me is tasting that masterpiece of a sauce & NOT BEING able to enjoy my favorite eggplant entree because there's a sliced up hockey puck in my tray instead of eggplant.. This has happened to me mode than once. I hate complaining about this feel so stupid & like I'm being mean but I guess.. I guess I have to think of it like: I don't want someone else to spend their $ on something they CANT eat.. Now, GOD knows I can stand to miss a meal or two, it t won't hurt me. But some people live on a VERY FIXED INCOME & what if this was ALL THEY HAD TO EAT & had no $ for anything else??!? I wouldn't want them to be stuck with nothing.. Seriously, be careful k? K...I'm done. :)
Darin S.
I've been buying this product for over 15 years. It's a staple. And I used to love it and recommend it to others. It was easily the best of its kind. But the last two times the product has gone very downhill. I see a few others have said the same. The eggplant was not cooked properly, some inedible undercooked pieces, and some inedible mushy overcooked pieces. And the eggplant didn't taste the same. Seasoning breadcrumbs? I don't know for sure. Worse, the sauce was bland and thin. It used to have pretty thick, really well seasoned sauce. This really distinguished it from other brands. Now, MA's eggplant parm is mediocre, at best. This article may explain the changes. I'd certainly be willing to pay more to get a higher quality product. I typically get 3 servings out of the small 11 oz size. I used to buy the big family size, but it's not widely available near me anymore. That's an even better value. But I won't be buying it unless I know the quality has returned. I'm sad about it.
Linda H.
I really loved your eggplant parmigiana and told everyone its the best frozen food out there. Then you changed it and I need to tell all of those people it isn't the same or even close to the same. I will not buy it again, it's awful.
Luanne C.
San Antonio
I had the same experience as Marci below. I used to love this eggplant. My hours of preparing my own homemade were over. But this time both trays had the awful, tough, inedible eggplant pieces. It was so disappointing to me, I thought to myself I wonder if anybody else has had this experience. I am going to see if the company is aware of how unhappy their consumers are.
Bree A.
Carriere, MS
Omg. if I'm getting frozen meals at Walmart I get a few of these because I can eat them everyday. good amounts of each item into one magnificent meal. this is a must! no meat! ;)
Dan B.
Ballston Spa
I have been eating your Frozen Eggplant Parmigiana for years and always said “ It’s as good as Momma makes”, it was truly delicious. The last two times, since the packaging has changed, this is NOT the same eggplant parmigiana, it is a knockoff of the original product. The eggplant has no taste, the sauce tastes like it came from a jar and the pieces are far too thick with very tough skin and too much breadcrumbs! I seriously doubt that I will ever buy it again. Another classic gone!Dan
Kay P.
It’s a pretty good quick option. Love that they actually have egg plant options not many frozen dinner brands do. Wish they were offered at more grocery stores. Their brand isn’t the easiest to find and often times it’s only a few.
member-4446b
This used to be 5 star frozen eggplant parmesan but it has changed dramatically since the company was bought by Solas Food and Beverage. The eggplant slices are thick and not cooked properly and there is no longer lots of the delicious sauce or cheese. I used to eat it every week sometimes twice a week. I wish they would make it like it was orginally. I buy it once in awhile to see if they have changed it back.
Bill M.
San Antonio
could not find any actual eggplant in this product, just sauce and breading.....ok the app says keep writing, well it sucks..
Jesa L.
Oklahoma City, OK
Purchased at: Walmart
This is sooo delicious! It tastes like it's from a restaurant, not the freezer. The sauce was perfect! This is great for non meat eaters. It really had a great flavor. I didnt have to add anything extra like I normally do with frozen Italian meals. I just added garlic butter noodles.