Micellar Makeup Removing Towelettes with Coconut & Lotus

by Burt's Bees

A streamlined way to cleanse and hydrate.

How do these compare to the night calming neutrogena wipes?
Are these gentle for sensitive skin?
Start your review of Micellar Makeup Removing Towelettes with Coconut & Lotus!
How would you rate this product?
Palm Bay
Since these towelettes included Micellar water, I really wanted them to succeed. I got these as a gift in a care box sent to me by a friend. It was 10 in a pack and I used them for both washing my face as a quick refresh and trying to remove makeup. Alas, these didn't work at all for any eye makeup, especially mascara. It did poorly with normal mascara and didn't do hardly anything at all with waterproof. I had to really hold the towelette to my eyes for more than 10 minutes, and by that time, it was starting to dry out. And it would require multiple swipes to my delicate eye area to try and remove the makeup. HOWEVER! As a refreshing face wipe to clean when on the go or if  you suffer from a chronic illness, disability, or mental illness (like I do), when it comes to giving your face a quick wash when you can't manage to get to a sink? These are very nice on a bare face! Remove makeup with them? No. Wash face with  Micellar Makeup Removing Towelettes with Coconut & Lotus or freshen up to feel better? Yes!
These are the only makeup wipes that do not irritate my skin. I would never call my skin sensitive but for whatever reason I have issues with burning. These particular wipes are more gentle and do not have a fragrance. They take make up off well, except for eye makeup, that takes a little more work, but no other wipe has gotten my eye makeup off easily either, so it doesn't feel like a negative for me. I would use these over all the other options out there. Reasonably priced as well
Port Charlotte, Fl
Micellar Makeup Removing Towelettes with Coconut & Lotus uploaded by Lisa K.
Purchased at: Walmart
Ok I love micellar water, but I'll stick to my bottle of it. I love makeup remover wipes depending on situation. I always have them next to my bed incase I fall asleep and wake up forgetting to wash my face or being exhausted. just clean in bed. I try not to do at all but happens. I bought these bc I ran out, I do use these after the gym too if I can't wash my face right after, same with my daughter on the way home from softball. These are not really moist, they aren't soft either. I expected more from Burts Bee but I'll go back to Neutrogena. I need 3 of these to remove make up and it felt like my skin was burning. I did use after the gym and only needed one but again not comfortable, I think because they are drier than my regular wipes. Also made my skin feel tight and dry. Tossing in the garbage. Waste of money..
austin , TX
Micellar Makeup Removing Towelettes with Coconut & Lotus uploaded by allie G.
Purchased at: Target
The Burts Bees Micellar Makeup Removing Wipes just aren’t it!! They do feel nice in your face, but the next morning I woke up completely broken out. I usually don’t have sensitive skin, yet this product really irritated my skin. They DO NOT work for removing makeup at all...which is kind of the whole point of the product. These definitely aren’t worth the purchase!!
Lorton, VA
I don't like that these dry out if you don't use them within a couple months, even if you tightly close/seal the bag. They also don't take off all your makeup, and sometimes I have to use 2. Doesn't really take waterproof makeup off that well, which micellar technology usually does. I'll still use these because most makeup removing wipes have the same issues, but I like that this is more natural than other alternatives.
Melrose, MA
I started using these wipes for travel since they are more convenient than carrying cold cream, tissues, and a wash cloth, but soon introduced them into my nightly routine. I use these wipes to take off my foundation and face makeup because it doesn’t take much to rub off even the toughest of makeup and it saves my white washcloths from the dreaded makeup smears that only bleach can handle.
These don’t do a single thing they claim to. First off, they don’t even slightly remove my makeup. They basically just smear it around so it looks like a smudged mess. Second they massively dry out my skin. Thirdly, and this is a more so specific to me reaction, they made my skin feel like it was burning. I was left with red marks on my face for the rest of the night. Never again!
I don’t typically buy face wipes but these intrigued me , and I’m glad I bought them . I love how wet they are and even thought it’s just a plastic cover they remain super soaked and don’t dry out . It removes about 70% of my makeup and the rest I just get it off with a cleansing balm . They’re about $7-8 and completely worth the price . It doesn’t irritate my eyes or face .
Reno, NV
Purchased at: Target
These do not get eye make up off at all!! I usually have to add micellar water to the wipe. They are dry (not just the top ones) and you have to be rough with the wipe to get your make up off. I always wash my face after using a wipe but this just isn’t it. They do not easily take your make up off and you shouldn’t scrub your face with a wipe. I’m going back to my Bliss wipes!
Yonkers, NY
Purchased at: Duane Reade
I love to use this as the first step of taking off my makeup. It’s very gentle on the skin and comes with plenty of wipes! It’s a good value for the amount you get. I gave this product a four because it doesn’t completely remove your makeup. You should still go in with a liquid makeup remover or cleanser. This does the job but only to a certain extent.