BY METHOD

smarter, easier, greener

it may be hard to believe, but this tiny bottle of 8X ultra-concentrated laundry detergent can do big things. that’s because the plant-based formula with smartclean technology® seeks out dirt and stains in a revolutionary new way to deliver beautifully clean clothes with just 1/4th the dose of the leading brand. plus, its handy pump makes for easy, one-handed use. no mess. no waste. no aching biceps.

Janine M.
Works well. Environmentally good. I really like the detergent since I only use fragrance free detergent for laundry. I don’t like the container as it’s a pump and I find it cumbersome.
Grace D.
Scranton, PA
I was not expecting to notice anything special about my laundry when I bought this on Amazon- I it purchased it because it was on sale and I needed some STAT. Much to my surprise, though, it not only lifts stains and odours right out, but I immediately noticed that my clothes didn't smell like...anything. No fake fragrance or perfumey scents you associate with laundry, just the smell of clean fabric. And I LOVE IT. I'm really cracking down on the amount of products I have containing that ever ambiguous ingredient termed "fragrance" that exists in so many products. I figure if they've made it illegal in almost every other major country, it's probably for a reason. Either way, this detergent does its job (using cold water, no less), without fake smells. Holy hallelujah.
Jenny S.
Coal Valley, IL
First I have to say I love this line of products!  They often seem like they cost more at Target, but when you get home and realize how little you have to use, you realize you are spending the same or even less than you typically would on cleaning products.  The free and clear liquid laundry detergent uses just a fraction of what a regular detergent would use with the same cleaning power.  My twins are allergic to all fragrances and this product has been extremely helpful.  I also love that it comes in a small, easy to refill pump that takes up little space in my already tight laundry cabinet.  It also makes it easy to have my kids help with laundry with less mess.
Audrey S.
Hayward, CA
Decorator Expert Level 2
I feel better using this detergent on our clothes and the toddlers clothes. My husband's family has a history of eczema so I'm careful to use products that won't flare up their skin. Their skin, and even mine, are less itchy. I love the refill bags to cut down on plastic waste and I love the available scents or no scents.
Thalita B.
Sultan, WA
I loved this detergent when I used it, but I’ve only gotten it once because it tends to be pretty pricey. We do a lot of laundry in our apartment so this is not the best option for us, unfortunately.
Allison M.
Ponca City
I just recently started using this laundry detergent. I like it, but have had to re-wash 1-2 loads to get out bad smells. I’ll keep trying it. I do like that it will do70 loads with one bottle!
Allison S.
State College, PA
This product works well. I use it in my laundry at college and it leaves it nice and soft. There’s no noticeable scent which is good. However, I find that minor stains and sweat marks on white shirts are not cleaned with this detergent, so I wish it was slightly stronger.
Nathalie C.
Norfolk, VA
Works awesomely. Unfortunately it's super expensive and you aren't getting a lot for the price. We have this in the house incase someone with allergies comes over but we don't use this regularly because dang is it expensive.
Kristy W.
I cannot say enough good things about Method. I love their laundry detergent because it is better for the environment and better for my skin because it is free of harsh chemicals. I have been trying to switch over to more natural products like Method, but it can be a little pricey, so I buy their detergent when I see it on sale at target. Their laundry detergent is super concentrated which is nice because a little bit goes a long way.
Kristin A.
Union, NJ
Decorator Expert Level 1
LOVE this detergent! I'm sensitive to a lot of fragrances in body products, so the scentless option is great! It cleans our laundry really well, with such a small amount. For spot cleaning, I just leave a little dot of detergent on the area a few minutes before washing and it works perfectly! I appreciate that the brand is more natural and cruelty-free than a lot of products on the market
Melissa d.
Columbus , OH
How does this laundry detergent compare to other brands? I've considered getting it, but it's rather expensive for laundry detergent....but I love Method products.
Bronwyn C.
Terrace, BC
Is this any more expensive than a regular detergent?